Are You a Night Owl?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:18 am

I too suffer from lethargy and tiredness at the same time. Sometimes when I do get my eight hours, I feel refreshed and ready to go but at that point everyone else is asleep.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:11 am

I'm trying to train myself to need less sleep. I'm tired of sleeping for ten hours because then it just feels like I've wasted a few hours when I could have been doing something else.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:36 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:I'm trying to train myself to need less sleep. I'm tired of sleeping for ten hours because then it just feels like I've wasted a few hours when I could have been doing something else.

When I was in college, I tried to induce myself into a polyphasic sleep pattern so that I would only sleep two hours a day -- the so-called Dymaxion or Uberman pattern.

72 hours in, I called it quits and slept for about 16 hours, right after watching the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer tries the same thing. Mainly, I discovered that the body can barely cope with keeping itself upright 22 hours a day, let alone do something productive.

I suspect that it might've ended up like my junior year of high school -- I involuntarily fell asleep a lot during class and only got 5 hours or so of core sleep many nights.

I have very little memory of that year. It can't be good for your brain.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Im a total night owl, as such working 9 to 5 is hell on earth for me. Id kill for a night shift programming job.
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Falcon_of_the_Sun
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Falcon_of_the_Sun » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:38 am

View Original PostTrajan wrote:I'm trying to train myself to need less sleep. I'm tired of sleeping for ten hours because then it just feels like I've wasted a few hours when I could have been doing something else.

You might find it a lot more beneficial to try and use your waking hours in more efficient ways. Try and keep a tally of how you spend each half hour of the day for a couple of weeks. You might get some surprising results on which work on.

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:36 am

The nature of my job means I could be a night owl, and I think I've always preferred being awake when everyone else is asleep and has STFU. At first I thought I was more productive and creative at night, but I've since found getting a solid 7 or 8 hrs sleep and waking up early and sticking to a regimen to be even better. Mostly because daylight is the best light for working, and because it just feels healthier to get some sunlight/daylight. That improves my mood and my mood improves how much I get done.

Since I spend a lot of time at my desk not moving around a whole lot, maintaining a healthy weight means forcing myself to get up and take time out to do something physical for 30 mins every day.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”