NBA Thread(Yes a basketball topic on Evageeks)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

NBA Thread(Yes a basketball topic on Evageeks)

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:55 am

So, after much deliberation I decided to finally create this sucker. Feel free to discuss the day's games in this thread as well as the upcoming post-season and any trades or player signings that happen. To be honest I'm not even sure I'll get any interest from the forum I'd just thought it would be nice to create a thread for fellow basketball fans on EvaGeeks(If there are any)

So I guess I'll start it off: The Cavs beat the Warriors in a very tight game, I was actually very surprised to see Curry get his groove back in the forth considering just how cold he had been for the majority of the game. Despite the loss I think it's a good sign for the Warriors that Curry has gotten back to being the sharp shooter he was earlier in the playoffs, still I think he really forced some shots even when he got back into rhythm bottom line is he has to improve his decision making. Coach Kerr has to come up with some way to sure up the Dubs defense, it's not even about stopping LeBron as the team seem to be doing a worse job defensively overall. In particular they have to do something about the Cavs forcing the defensive switch onto Thompson, as it's become rather clear that he can't handle LeBron defensively(As if anyone could)

Klay Thompson has to actually do something on the offensive end as it seemed that he became a non factor as the 4th Quarter went on, but this speaks to a greater issue with the Warriors offense they just haven't been passing the ball around like they're known for. They are averaging fewer passes per game in this series then they have all season thus it becomes much harder for them to find the open man to take the shot. Draymond Green needs to...well just improve everything it feels like he is a bit raddled by playing in the championship series, he is making poor decision with the basketball and being caught out of position on both offense and defense.(get your head in the game man)

As for the Cavs:

LeBron is doing just about everything humanly possible to assure victory for the city of Cleveland, he's scoring the ball, passing the ball, rebounding the ball and pretty much being the leader of the team. I am a bit worried about this ability to maintain such a pace, but hopefully even while battling fatigue he'll still be able to put on a show. Moving on to the real star of the evening, what can I say about Matthew Dellavedova the kid was great tonight his defense was on point like last game, but tonight he showed us just how much grit and toughness he has. He also had a playoff career high in points with 20 for the game. You just gotta love the effort from the rookie, you just know he wants to be on the team next year.

Just take a look at LBJ's and Delly's shot chart in the forth quarter, YUM!

I'll check in on this thread periododictly to see how it's going.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 am

I still think it's stunning that we've got Cleveland and Golden State playing each other in the NBA Finals. Cleveland and Golden State. There's usually at least one traditional powerhouse playing in the Finals, and both of these teams couldn't be further away from being one of them.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:52 am

Well, Curry has done a lot to help elevate the Warriors. The Bay Area teams in general have been pulling a lot of momentum lately, with the Giants getting 3/5 world series titles, as well as the 49ers making it to the Superbowl the other year.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:14 pm

I'm rooting for the Warriors only because I don't want Lebron and the Cavs to win the title this year. Once they eliminated the Bulls, I knew they needed to go down.

Right now all I can say is that the Warriors have to play better now that the Championship is at stake. After getting the MVP award, 67 (!) wins in the regular season and practically cruising your way through the playoffs up to this point, you better get that championship!

edit:

I have the Warriors in 6 atm, but Lebron giving GOAT-level performances for all three games so far has me uncertain. Now I'm thinking there might be a game 7 and that it could go either way.

Ok, I'll stick with the Warriors in 6 and if I'm wrong, whoever predicts the outcome right gets all of my hard-earned EGF points*. Any takers?

* Disclaimer: EGF points may not actually be a thing.

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:48 pm

These games have been a ton of fun to watch because it looks like old school college basketball games. I feel slightly conflicted about the series because while my best friend is a Warriors fan, I love most of the players on the Cavs, specifically Shump and Mozgov (I'm a Knicks fan). Also I know the Cavs winning would make every fan in Miami fan really sad and I'm always really happy to see people in Miami sad

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:39 pm

The Finals haven't even finished and we have our first trade of the off-season:

Seems like the Pistons are already prepping themselves for Greg Monroe's departure in free agency. Ilyasova seems to be a good choice for them considering he can help them space the floor with his three point shooting, the Bucks will receive Caron Butler and Shawne Williams both on expiring contracts that they can dump later. I'm guessing the Bucks want to save up money so they can re-sign Kris Middleton/keep other teams from stealing him away considering he is a RFA.

I for one think it's great that the Dubs have emerged as a new powerhouse, really goes to show what having good player scouting does for your team. And with the cap about to explode next year I could see that team staying together for a long time to come. LeBron will probably re-sign with the Cavs after this year for more money, which probably means that the Cavs will be "good" for as long as LBJ decides to play there. The western conference might as well be the Bestern conference as it seems Every team keeps upping their level, it would not surprise me if next year's Western Conference is even more fierce then this year.(with the Thunder healthy and the Jazz improving) Hopefully my Mavs don't suffer because of this

Also, considering how much I despise the Lakers seeing them in disarray brings joy to my heart. Still , I don't think that they will remain that way for long considering what a huge market L.A. is.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Please. LA has been saying "WE GOT CAP SPACE!!!" for 4 years now. As long as Kobe is there they'll have an extremely hard time fielding a competitive team.

Lebron has been impressive, despite his poor FG % (which is more indicative of his heavy workload than anything else, really). I'm not a fan of the guy but this will be something of a feather in his cap if he's able to win this series.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:41 pm

I wish I could watch the Finals. Unfortunately, I don't have cable so I usually just read about it the next day.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Since the Rockets '94-95 championships were 20 years ago, here. I hope it'll get a DVD release or a TV reairing sometime, because it was such an interesting documentary for a Yankee like me. :tongue:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:25 pm

I really see this years finals going all 7 games. I'm going for Golden State, but if LeBron gets hot and Cleveland wins game 5 I think they'll take it in 6, we'll see what happens.

I really haven't followed Pro Basketball the last few years. Growing up it was my favorite sport to play and watch. I was a fan of the Phoenix Suns and hated the bulls. (blasphemy) Now with everyone trading teams every other year it seems I've only been interested in following players.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 pm

And the Golden State Warriors win the big one!

GGWP Cleveland Cavaliers. The championship drought continues.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Like I said, San Fransisco has been on a roll! I'm so sad to have had to move away, and to the rival city of all places!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: NBA Thread(Yes a basketball topic on Evageeks)

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 pm

The All Star votes are in:

I agree with most of them but....Kobe really REALLY aside from that the starting lineups are okay.

Anyone you wanted in that missed the cut?

Also, holy necromancy Batman!

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Not a fan of sports, but i must respect basketball for inspiring the creation of this gem.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:31 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote: this gem.

Oh wow haven't heard that one in over a decade.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Seeing the Warriors flying so high only makes me want to see them fall that much harder.

Too bad they'll prob end up taking the Championship again this year.

And maybe even break the league win-loss record set by the Bulls in the 95-96 season.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”