Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue May 17, 2016 10:44 am

I've got my bachelor's degree, now I've got one more year to go to get my Master's and then I shall school no more.

Also cashed in a saving's bond I'd been keeping today at the bank. It was worth over $1,200 and more than doubled the amount of money in my checking account. I actually don't need a job from a monetary standpoint anymore as long as I'm frugal but I still need one just to give me something productive to do.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue May 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Congratulations, Trajan! :thumbsup:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed May 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Well, not exactly rocking for me, and definitely a FML for the other party...

You recall I reported before Christmas that I was sold a stolen potter's wheel via ebay? Well, the police have arrested one suspect and are preparing to arrest others in connection with this (mine was not the only transaction involved). It's nice to know that the perpetrators have been caught.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed May 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Gratzs Trajan!

That's good to hear Pwhodges! Just don't understand why a potters wheel.

Didn;t even realize this is my 1000th post on this forum!!!
Last edited by Sicarius VI on Tue May 24, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed May 18, 2016 5:40 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote: Just don't understand why a potters wheel.

My wife took up pottery in her retirement. Last autumn she decided that her commitment was sufficient to set up her own studio, and the wheel was my Christmas present for her.

Here is the studio:
SPOILER: Show

And here is the wheel:
SPOILER: Show

The studio looks more lived-in now, and has lots of pots around it. Also two electric kilns (I rewired the small test one only last weekend so that it can be used with the same controller as the big one).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed May 18, 2016 7:35 pm

I am genuinely jealous of your back yard.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue May 24, 2016 12:48 pm

My junior year of High School is over as of today.

Couldn't have ended more quickly. Don't think I'll look back and see this year with as a year of regrets, but who knows how I will look at it in the future. Senior year starts in August so I finally get a full 2-3 month summer unlike last year because of the transition between NJ ----> FL.

Also realized I am over 1k posts on here. Is there some special club I get to join now?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri May 27, 2016 8:08 am

So I had an interview for Pizza Hut yesterday, and thankfully the guy hired me on the spot, so now I have a job. Thing about Florida vs New Jersey is... places are allow to sell Alcohol like Target, and it's harder for someone under 18 to be hired. Thankfully I'm turning 18 tomorrow and that won't be a problem for me, it's just that in NJ I would've had a job months ago. Guess that doesn't matter now, I'm happy to start making money and that school is also over.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri May 27, 2016 8:57 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:So I had an interview for Pizza Hut yesterday, and thankfully the guy hired me on the spot, so now I have a job. Thing about Florida vs New Jersey is... places are allow to sell Alcohol like Target, and it's harder for someone under 18 to be hired. Thankfully I'm turning 18 tomorrow and that won't be a problem for me, it's just that in NJ I would've had a job months ago. Guess that doesn't matter now, I'm happy to start making money and that school is also over.

How ironic. My first job was working at a Pizza Hut, also in Florida. The worst part of it was the phones, man. Those fucking phones ringing off the hook all the time! I still hate hearing a phone ring. Anyhow, I hope the job works out great for you. Good luck!
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri May 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Thanks! I'll also keep that in mind too when I start.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:04 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:So I had an interview for Pizza Hut yesterday, and thankfully the guy hired me on the spot, so now I have a job. Thing about Florida vs New Jersey is... places are allow to sell Alcohol like Target, and it's harder for someone under 18 to be hired. Thankfully I'm turning 18 tomorrow and that won't be a problem for me, it's just that in NJ I would've had a job months ago. Guess that doesn't matter now, I'm happy to start making money and that school is also over.

Congrats! My best friend is a shift manager at a Pizza hut here in Washington and seems to like it. I wish you luck with your job!
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon May 30, 2016 12:43 pm

I just attended my first Anime Con in my life, and I had a pretty good time there myself. I bought a couple of Eva Pins, I got a nice Asuka and Shinji Sketch from a local artist, and I met some fellow Eva Fans at the con, which I was surprised there where any there in my state! It was great to shoot the breeze with them and debate the finer points of the anime. I even got to introduce some of them to RE-TAKE, which they were excited to read about! There were also some nice Eva figurines there too of Asuka and Misato, but I didn't get them because they were too expensive.....and they were their Rebuild counterparts, and you all know my opinion on it now. :um:

Also guys, you're NOT going to believe this, but I actually met at the con Melissa Fahn HERSELF, the voice of Ed from Cowboy Bebop, Rika from Digimon, and of course, GAZ from Invader Zim. We actually got to be quite chummy after her panel, because unlike all the other people at her panel who asked just about Gaz and Invader Zim, I was probably the only one who asked her about her profession and the finer points of voice acting, which she really appreciated when I got her Autograph. BEST. DAY. EVAR!!!!

I also got to meet Yū_Asakawa, who also voiced Luka from Vocaloid, and Rider from Fate/Stay Night. I'm not really that familiar with most of her other work, but it was REALLY COOL to see a Seiyuu from Japan visit us. We ended up at her panel talking about not only her work, but the differences between our cultures, like how WE can have SOOO many pets in the US, but she can't have any in a Japanese appartment. Poor girl, but she was Hilarious on stage. XD

Overall, I had a good time, and I hope to go to another one soon. The cosplayers and artists were awesome as well. ^_^
Last edited by KingXanaduu on Tue May 31, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon May 30, 2016 2:04 pm

@MAGI_01- I thought I had thanked you already by my memory was wrong. Thanks! I have my I9 tomorrow and I get my training schedule so soon enough I'll start working. Nothing happened over the weekend due to them being extremely busy.

@xanderkh- What you described sounds like a good time, I have yet to go to any convention yet and it won't be in the near future.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon May 30, 2016 6:14 pm

The time has come for me to return to horse riding; the last lesson I had was when I was nineteen.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue May 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Recovering from my illness means I have to start with an unloaded bar, but once again I have confronted the riddle of steel
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:09 am

https://youtu.be/eqCo0LTUhsE

I can wait. I can frigging wait. US$200 for a GPU. Maybe less.

For a fraction less than one of those damn green GTX1080s for Tom, Dick and Harry.

Nevermind that by 3:54 it was a near-disaster. :lol:

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:59 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:@MAGI_01- I thought I had thanked you already by my memory was wrong. Thanks! I have my I9 tomorrow and I get my training schedule so soon enough I'll start working. Nothing happened over the weekend due to them being extremely busy.

No worries. You are very welcome. ^_^

Same sort of thing happened to me with my current job, though it was a good 2-3 weeks before I had to go in to do my I9. Basically got held up because they had just hired a ton of people and wanted to get their training done before moving on to the group I was in.

It was a pretty busy weekend I'm sure though. I actually took Monday off but it was more or less because my nephew whom I hadn't seen in two year flew in Sunday night, so just wanted to have a nice off day to get caught up and such. (Which is my RML) Turned out it actually was not as horrifyingly busy as I figured it would have been which is good for those that worked that day.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Installed the second-hand Creative Labs Ensoniq Soundscape AudioPCI (a wavetable PCI soundcard with good MS-DOS compatibility for retro games) I bought in my main PC rig (a 2004 Pentium 4 system with Windows XP) to replace the god-awful onboard sound. Everything works fine, except that I can't select the waveset I want to use in Windows XP like in Windows 98 on my retro-PC (which has an original Ensoniq card from when Creative Labs hadn't bought them yet). Stupid dumbed-down Creative Labs drivers... Also cleared some dust from the system.

Then set out on installing Touhou Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (a game in which little girls beat each other into a pulp ^_^ ). First, I decided to install Microsoft Applocale, which allows the execution of foreign-language programs on my native language Windows XP. Microsoft 'helpfully' removed it from their download site, so I had to download it from some dodgy site which tried to peddle me their download manager full of malware. After successful installation I discovered I had to install Japanese fonts anyway, which I did. After getting that to work (two restarts later...) I installed the game from CD-ROM. Got a missing DLL error upon running it, which I fixed (common problem, apparently). Then installed what I thought was the update patch and tried to install the English-language patch, which failed while telling me I had the demo version. It took me about an hour before I figured out I had downloaded the demo version from Twilight Frontier's Japanese (which I can't read) website instead of the actual update patch (not helped by a somewhat stupid layout on the site). Once I had figured that out, everything was sorted out quite quickly. And my fear that my graphics card would not be sufficient to run the game (dual monitor support and proper amount of VRAM, but it's for business machines, not a gaming card) turned out to be false. There's some slowdown now and then, but I blame that on running the game in Windowed mode with Firefox (resource hog) in the background. ^_^
Still, the whole operation took me over four (!!!) hours. :uhh: Frankly, Macs are so much better at this, the fonts are included with the default installation and reboots are usually unnecessary...and the install times much shorter.

I'll write about my first impressions in the appropriate forum.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:49 pm

I finally have a home of my own. Ok technically I don't own it, I'm just renting it and looking after the place, but I've gone from renting a single room to renting the entire house. And at no additional charge! As someone who has mostly lived out of a single room for most of their life, it feels... quite strange to be doing my gaming in the living room. And to not have a TV in my bedroom anymore. But I'll get used to it! :lol:

And as a side benefit, my PS4 being in the living room now means I can run a LAN cable directly from it to the router. This has eliminated the worst of the lag, freezing, and framerate stutter that have plagued me in World of Tanks. :guitarpunk:
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:05 pm

^That sounds like quite the upgrade.

Started my job yesterday, and I have more training/work tomorrow. I actually took a few phone calls and was taught how to prepare wings, wasn't hard at all.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”