Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Congratulations on your retirement, pwhodges. Do you have anything special planned?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:35 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Tomorrow will be my last day at work ever - think of that!

Congratulations! :shinjismile:
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:43 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Tomorrow will be my last day at work ever - think of that!

That's awesome Pwhodges.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Little Caesar's now has a stuffed crust deep dish pizza. My two favorite pizza crust types, stuffed and pan, have achieved instrumentality. And lo, it is good. :harpy_liplick:

And I ordered a replacement copy of Senran Kagura Estival Versus (via Amazon this time), and received it yesterday without any problems. Yeah that means I'm out another $70, which sucks, but at least I finally have the damn game! Let the harmonic oppai convergence begin! Also, XSeed knows how to do limited editions right. The Endless Summer Edition for PS4 includes the game, a 106-page art book, a two-disc soundtrack, and a set of trading cards, all for $59.99.
[Redacted]

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Went to my first ever caucus today. Was nerve wracking for me as I am quite introverted but in the end it was not all that bad. Had some rude people in line behind me insulting myself and others for our candidate choice (we are allowed to wear attire supportive of our candidate, only officials running the caucus location cant, Washington state law) but we ignored them. Was very interesting to witness the process first hand and to see so many people from around me (some even family friends) show their support for their candidate.

Despite the rude ones mentioned above and a lady who started trying to talk over a gentleman in my precinct whom was speaking to make a case for his candidate to the undecided voters, (whom very quickly got told to be respectful and give him his three minutes, as everyone else gave her for her speech, in a respectful manner of course) it was very organised and friendly atmosphere.

In the end, my candidate has won, but today was a very exciting day for supporters from both sides.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:47 pm

PoF is a weird place. So far I've been rejected cause I wouldn't pay her phone bill, and solicited for sex but would have to pay.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:24 am

Finally started seeing a therapist yesterday. It felt like a good first step and I'm glad I finally decided to be proactive about this instead of being stuck in neutral like I've been the past few months. Should have started sooner, but the good news is that I'm starting now.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:15 pm

My computer at work got an additional two GB of RAM. It's running like greased lightning now, which is to say it's actually functional. Such a minor thing, but it's soooooooo nice.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:15 am

Got a girlfriend.

I need not to say more.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:02 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:PoF is a weird place. So far I've been rejected cause I wouldn't pay her phone bill, and solicited for sex but would have to pay.

What is PoF?

Rejected for what cuz you couldn't pay whose phone bill?

You were solicited for sex, but only if you paid? Also, solicited by who?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:31 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:What is PoF?

Rejected for what cuz you couldn't pay whose phone bill?

You were solicited for sex, but only if you paid? Also, solicited by who?

POF is short for Plenty Of Fish, an online dating service. I think the implication is that one person expressed interest in Chaddy, but retracted said interest when he wouldn't pay his/her phone bill (not assuming a gender here), and the other basically offered sex in exchange for payment (i.e., soliciting money for sex).

Feel free to correct me on any of this. Also, sounds more like an FML than an RML.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4] BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 pm

:gendo_kimura: That ED, with the MC smiling like an idiot at the end, I REMEMBER WHAT IT IS!

Now if I could only recall the two others which have been banging away at me for the past week...
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Woohoo! My w-2 documents from the previous year didn't make it to my current residence. Who knows where the documents ended up whether they are at my old store or not. I left the company a month or so ago but the good news is that I can still log onto company employee site and view digital w-2! Here I was thinking I'd have to contact the HQ and have them mailed to me within less than a week...

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:13 pm

The day a woman refuses to fuck you because you refused to pay her phone bill is the day God smiles upon you, my friend, for He is truly that day your shepherd.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4] >BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:13 am

Suisei No Gargantia, I GOT IT! RELIEF AT LAST! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! <- completely forget the last one.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Changed out my iPhone 5c today for a 6s Plus 64GB. Totally worth it. The increase in size is a lot, but I'm already getting used to it and my oh my how speedy it is by comparison.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Booked holidays for October recently.

On the 4th, I'll be in Hiroshima.
On the 6th, A Ryokan in Hakone (Yes a picturesque part of the country with no ulteerior geeky motive at all)
From the 8th, to the 11th, Tokyo, a kilometre from Tokyo Tower.

Should be a blast.

Even if I only booked the thing because I got spectacularly pissed off at someone telling me to wait until next year. Like they said last year.

Now to figure out what to do.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:00 pm

View Original PostDartz wrote:On the 4th, I'll be in Hiroshima.

-snip-

Should be a blast.

I'm sure that wasn't intentional, but I'm gonna have a morbid chuckle anyway, then reflect internally on how/why said chuckle was grossly inappropriate and insensitive.

My hiatus from work should be ending soon, pending a conversation between the restaurant's chef and his son (who owns the restaurant). While my boss can be lazy and often absent, his dad's more the hard-working, get-shit-done-now sort of guy, and I'm sure he'll talk with him at his earliest convenience.

In the meantime, I've gotten back into Doom modding, releasing a new complete mod just shy of April 1st (and a complete, but not-so-serious, mod the next day, of course). It's given me some new perspective on difficulty and balance - my older mods usually had slightly overpowered weapons balanced by incredibly unforgiving enemies, and my newest mod is tailored more towards the upper echelons of vanilla Doom difficulty. Some of the weapons are pretty much emulations of their future counterparts in Nanoyagi's in-progress shooter, Research & Destroy, so it also gives me a lazier way to show off how said weapons will feel and function in-game.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Gamestop finally responded to my email about the order I never received, and they are giving me a refund for it. Also, Amazon just informed me that my FFXV pre-order has been upgraded from 2-day shipping to release-day delivery at no additional charge! :woohoo:
[Redacted]

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:03 am

Only got about two hours of sleep last night between insomnia and the rain and had to get up with the knowledge that I had a test today that I simply wasn't prepared for. This morning I gets news that my class has been canceled due to the same heavy rains. Fuck yes....

This is the second time in my college career I've gotten lucky with a test I haven't studied for being delayed. It's nice to know I do get lucky every once in a while.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”