Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:18 am

Aw shit, I've read that thread. In a kind of cosmic sense I'm not surprised that that's you, Chuck.

Congratulations on the house as well. Hopefully the rent's not too painful.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:47 am

I've spent a lot of time here today dwelling upon why my life sucks, but I do have a little bit of good news! I moved here to LA just a little over a month ago, and tomorrow I start my first day at my new job: crew member at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. :D Given my experience as assistant manager of a Dominoes, I'm being put on the fast track for management training. I'm really stoked to start bringing in an income again, and hopefully the busy work will distract me from my other worries in life.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:14 pm

My kitchen is lit by twelve 50W low-voltage halogen lamps. Well, it was; today I replaced them with twelve 6W mains-voltage LED lamps (removing the transformers took most of the time). I now have the same or slightly higher light levels, and more uniform, because some of the halogens had lost brightness with age and not all had the same beam width. I calculate that the saving in electricity consumption will be about £1 a day - for a capital outlay of under £120 (bulbs and GU10 tails for the fittings).

I have another room with similar lights and usage which I will make the same change to soon, and a third that is little used so can be left till last.

Eighteen months ago I put into a new extension what at that time were the first LED lights I'd seen whose quality was satisfactory for domestic living. The new bulbs each cost one fifth as much money - that's how fast things have changed.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Kinda minor RML, but Valve has finally completed moving Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition over to Steamworks, so I'll finally be able to buy the game on Steam in this country (at a vastly inflated price, but oh well) without being flagged as an insidious pirate.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:37 pm

The nice user on NeoGAF who's buying me a New Nintendo 3DS XL has ordered it and it should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. (He did one-day shipping, but the site only ships on the same day for one-day or overnight shipping if ordered before 5pm ET and he ordered it at 7pm ET)

But still I can't wait.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:32 am

I've been playing Taiko no Tatsujin for the 3DS (emulator) and I got perfect combo on two songs I really wanted perfect combos in. I also completed a song at the "Oni" level (expert/intense, whatever), which is a first for me, too. I don't play the Taiko games every day but I need to practice the ones I have for the DS more, since I can only do the "tree" level, which is I guess intermediate.

It feels so good to play a game every day and then monitor your progress. However, my fingers do hurt....

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:07 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:The nice user on NeoGAF who's buying me a New Nintendo 3DS XL has ordered it and it should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday.

How do you get strangers on the internet to buy you such gifts? I really want a PS4.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 pm

The excitement of potential relocation.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Kind of TMI and kind of a weird RML but
SPOILER: Show
my period started this morning and I'm just so relieved, despite the cramping. Its kind of a long-ish story but the past couple weeks I was going through kind of an ordeal involving REALLY bad cramps but nothing really coming out and then I tried looking up some facts about it on a online womens health chat and some of them were like "ummmm it could mean you're pregnant?" and I just went into pure panic mode. I calmed down a little with the thought that it could just be an off cycle caused by stress (me? stress? -o-; ) and two doctor's visits later (a pap smear and an ultra-sound) and I haven't gotten the results back yet BUT if I'm having a period, maybe everything is fine. Maybe? I'm just really relieved its not pregnancy. Not that I thought after the shock wore off it was (which caused my boyfriend a bit of worry considering we've only done it once and he wore a condom) but maybe everything is on the right track now

tl;dr lady stuff
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:48 am

View Original Postmechashiva wrote:Kind of TMI and kind of a weird RML but
my period started this morning and I'm just so relieved, despite the cramping. Its kind of a long-ish story but the past couple weeks I was going through kind of an ordeal involving REALLY bad cramps but nothing really coming out and then I tried looking up some facts about it on a online womens health chat and some of them were like "ummmm it could mean you're pregnant?" and I just went into pure panic mode. I calmed down a little with the thought that it could just be an off cycle caused by stress (me? stress? -o-; ) and two doctor's visits later (a pap smear and an ultra-sound) and I haven't gotten the results back yet BUT if I'm having a period, maybe everything is fine. Maybe? I'm just really relieved its not pregnancy. Not that I thought after the shock wore off it was (which caused my boyfriend a bit of worry considering we've only done it once and he wore a condom) but maybe everything is on the right track now

tl;dr lady stuff

Fellow lady here!

It's okay, and yeah I don't think it's wise (from my experience) to look up symptoms online for most things. I have this odd, reddish itch on my toes and google suggested I have an infection/disease, when I'm certain it's just a reaction to the cold weather and perhaps lacking moisture. I just ended up asking my sister and she said it's common. I have definitely had what you're describing and tbh I usually don't panic until a month goes by then nothing happens. The 28 day method is good, too.

By the way, one symptom that describes pregnancy that isn't common for PMS are darkening nipples. If your nipples remain the same shade and just merely hurt under physical pressure, you are likely not pregnant

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:19 pm

I was watching Ponyo the other night and decided to give the Japanese theme a listen to (I like the English dub, eat me). It feels really weird and really good when I can go "I CAN UNDERSTAND (most of) IT"

It's the little things.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Just chiming in quickly, being a fellow girl: Yep, what you went through is totally normal. But it can still cause unneeded worries, of course.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Lu-Cuss
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lu-Cuss » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:07 pm

I've been unemployed for nearly 6 months, but yesterday I went to an interview to be a Janitor at a grocery store that opens up soon and I think it actually went really well.
Mountain... Heavy mountains. Things that change over time.
Sky... Blue sky. What your eyes can't see. What your eyes can see.

"You gotta be you. Only one in the world." - Hideki Kamiya

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 am

Dude. I've found a YouTube account that posts old Cartoon Network cartoons in Japanese. This should be fun for my upcoming trip.

I think it may be the official Cartoon Network Japan account, actually.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 am

Got a PS4

:rei_hissyfit:

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:11 pm

I got my results back from my pelvic ultrasound. Normal across the board. ^_^
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:16 pm

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:Got a PS4

:rei_hissyfit:

Congrats! I got mine just a few days ago myself. What game did you buy with yours?
[Redacted]

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:30 pm

My University has delayed the start of classes until 11:00 tomorrow. Seeing as I have a test at 9:30, this means my test will be either postponed to a new date or at the very least moved to latter in the day.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:27 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Congrats! I got mine just a few days ago myself. What game did you buy with yours?

NBA 2K15 and the Walking Dead Season 2. But the games that really make getting the PS4 worthwhile have yet to be released. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Silent Hills, etc.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”