Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:48 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Since Tampa is more expensive to insure in than St. Petersburg, I'll be paying about $200 per month to State Farm.

Ugh, I remember how much I paid for car insurance when I lived in Florida at the end of my teenage years. Their rates are horrible if you're under 25. :facepalm:
I'm glad I moved to Virginia. The car insurance laws are less tyrannical here, so I only pay $65 a month instead of $200+.
[Redacted]

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:52 am

Going back to college tomorrow, will be nice to have some direction to my life again.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:50 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Ugh, I remember how much I paid for car insurance when I lived in Florida at the end of my teenage years. Their rates are horrible if you're under 25. :facepalm:
I'm glad I moved to Virginia. The car insurance laws are less tyrannical here, so I only pay $65 a month instead of $200+.
I think it's partly because my area attracts massive amounts of snowbirds and retirees, and whether by statistics or stereotypes, SF sees fit to hike the rates.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:00 pm

My new laptop battery is awesome, it last for almost two hours on high power mode, and on battery saving mode it can probably run for three hours.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:41 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:My new laptop battery is awesome, it last for almost two hours on high power mode, and on battery saving mode it can probably run for three hours.
I recently got a new lappy battery, too. The difference is staggering.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Just spent a few hours playing left for dead 2 with my internet friends, despite making me realize im a super lonely person this was a goddamn blast.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Holy shit, I got into the study abroad program I wanted. The news came really early too. I'll be studying at Waseda University in Tokyo for 2 semesters next year, with a cultural internship between semesters in february, probably teaching english in the countryside.

I've been nervous about this for a long time, and I'm really fucking excited.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Fuck yeah, dog, nice job.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:37 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Holy shit, I got into the study abroad program I wanted.

Congratulations, man. I'll have to shout you a beer when I'm next in Tokyo then.

;)

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:31 pm

In a similar vein to Dog's, I got accepted for the Japan trip, this summer!

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:13 pm

We should meet up and have gaijin adventures :devil:
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:58 pm

With any luck Final/Shin will be out next year as well.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm going to Japan, but in april.

:sniffle: #goingtojapanproblems
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm in a mad dash to catch up on schoolwork before the next round of class sessions next week and I'm actually doing it. :dumbells: Both classes I'm taking this quarter are with the same hard-driving professor that I had last quarter whose one class back then (the one where we replicate Angry Birds) kicked my ass and took up all my time -- but thanks to that experience I am just barely keeping up with the equivalent of twice the workload (1: replicating Space Invaders and 2: writing a custom game engine complete with such low-level features as a custom dynamic memory system), from a combination of both working smarter and already knowing things I would otherwise have had to learn if I hadn't taken the previous class.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:03 am

It took longer than I thought, but I finally finished the pen draft for my novel. Now, I just have to type it out and begin revisions.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:47 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:In a similar vein to Dog's, I got accepted for the Japan trip, this summer!

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:We should meet up and have gaijin adventures :devil:

I may be visiting Tokyo in July, but I won't know for sure before April.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:48 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:It took longer than I thought, but I finally finished the pen draft for my novel. Now, I just have to type it out and begin revisions.

You wrote a pen draft?! How long did that take?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:03 am

^Not to worry it wasn't some Tolstoy-length epic that I was writing. -o-; I would have to say I started sketching things out around I think September of '13 and started writing it around December of that year. I would have liked to been done sooner, but that horribly pesky matter called real life popped up on a regular basis. Add that I'm a slow writer to begin with (another reason I write longhand as I don't like to stare at a screen too much. I do it enough at work), and that's why it took a while. I'm a little afraid now that once I have a typescript made out, it's not going to be as long as I hoped it would be (it's happened before).
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:40 pm

HOLYFUCKBALLSFINALLY
*ahem*
so shantae and the pirates curse finally showed up on the nintendo UK eshop
edit: nevermind change that to disappointment as im still not allowed to buy it.
fuck you nintendo.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Awesome, Cy!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”