Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Yeah, figured it would be someone I'd never heard of. I'd never even heard of the show!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:09 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote: I'd never even heard of the show!

That's a pity, because the show is pretty much War and Peace in space. It is epic on a scale that no other anime has yet achieved, and it is probably one of the most thoughtful (albeit flawed) deconstructions of the old democracy vs autocracy argument that I've ever come across. Watching it is not going to be easy, though - given the 110 OVA episodes and dozens of other side stories!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Lu-Cuss
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lu-Cuss » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:01 pm

My avatar is from a Toonami T-shirt that I thought had a really cool design. My sig is kind of under construction, but right now it's just the first (and my favorite) 2 passages from Rei's poem in episode 14.
Mountain... Heavy mountains. Things that change over time.
Sky... Blue sky. What your eyes can't see. What your eyes can see.

"You gotta be you. Only one in the world." - Hideki Kamiya

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:32 am

Gonna switch to this at some point in the week:
SPOILER: Show

for so many reasons.

#1: it has Zinnia
#2: I have a thing for chicks going berserk
#3: I'm wierd, something about a girl covered in the blood of her enemies is hot to me.
#4: ABS

Basically:
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:42 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:#1: it has Zinnia
#2: I have a thing for chicks going berserk

You know there are one or two moments in OR/AS where I could have sworn they'd drawn Zinnia with an expression that I recognised as belonging to Shinji... Only, it's been so long since I last saw NGE that I don't remember which Shinji expression it would have been - but not a tame one, at the least.
Voluntary Illusion.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:47 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:You know there are one or two moments in OR/AS where I could have sworn they'd drawn Zinnia with an expression that I recognised as belonging to Shinji... Only, it's been so long since I last saw NGE that I don't remember which Shinji expression it would have been - but not a tame one, at the least.

you mean this one?:
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 am

No, not that one at all.
If you want to talk about this further though, do send me a PM sometime.
Voluntary Illusion.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:35 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:No, not that one at all.

Probably the episode 19 face right before he lost power.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 pm

*breaks own limit*

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Probably the episode 19 face right before he lost power.

I thought of that scene also, and yet, I'm not certain if it's that one...
You know as I was writing that post about it before, I thought I could also be thinking of one of Asuka's expressions from '25 Harpies ... but, before I dig deeper into this hole, I've done the right thing and actually looked at screen captures of those scenes from from 19 & '25 and nope I cannot find the 'right one' I imagined as I saw Zinnia's expression in OR/AS.

I suppose I misplaced a memory of NGE or something - as I said, it has been a few years. Happens over time.
Voluntary Illusion.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:19 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:#2: I have a thing for chicks going berserk

There's something indescribably sexual about it, I agree.

#4:ABS

Antilock brakes are pretty fucking erotic, too.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Still keeping an eye on the news page and twitter feed, but I don't know when I'm going to be back on the forums. My avatar is reverting to the "Nuke is gone for an indefinite amount of time" avatar.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:40 pm

I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but that Kyary Pamyu Pamyu avatar was getting a bit old. I have a new avatar as well as a new user image.

Avatar: Misaki Mei drinking juice.

User image: Kouichi and Misaki.

Needless to say, they are both from Another.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:44 pm

I saw that show a year or two ago and had a good time with it. Glad to see it represented.
System Administrator

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Lain is out and Misato is in.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:Avatar: Misaki Mei drinking juice.

Someone else has an avatar with an artificial eye. Not bad.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:10 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:

Lovely.
:asuka_thumbsup:

New avatar:
From: [url]http://www.wikiart.org/en/rene-magritte/the-false-mirror-1928[/url]

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:24 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:#2: I have a thing for chicks going berserk
#3: I'm wierd, something about a girl covered in the blood of her enemies is hot to me.

This pleases Chuckman.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:47 am

^ As it does me. Or really, a girl covered in the blood of another will do it as well. It’s for those reasons I can’t not love San’s introduction in Princess Mononoke.

Hot:

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Mononoke is best Ghibli girl

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:58 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Mononoke is best Ghibli girl

Mononoke-hime, you mean. Her name isn't "Princess Mononoke" like the English translations would have it, it's just San.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”