Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:16 pm

New avatar, Vaatu from Legend of Korra, because deep down I want to be trapped in a stupid tree. Would someone other than Zaheer call me on occasion?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:10 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote: Would someone other than Zaheer call me on occasion?

Not Zaheer so much as Unalaq.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 pm

I thought Avatar mostly used east Asian mythology in its lore, but that sounds very Arthurian. I need to get around to actuslly watching the series.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:47 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I thought Avatar mostly used east Asian mythology in its lore, but that sounds very Arthurian. I need to get around to actuslly watching the series.

It mixes philosophies and mythologies since it is fantasy it can do that, i do however recommend by the time you get to season 2 of korra: lower your expectations, the first half (up until the beginnings episodes) were rushed cause nickelodeon are dicks and only told the crew to make a season 2 after season 1 was totally done even though they had previously only had them tied in for one season.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Fair enough.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 am

When we can get avatars from url's again (please fix this its annoying having to dumb down images to 30kb) i will be using this one:
SPOILER: Show
kinda fitting and i will be slowing it down as not to be too distracting.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:02 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:When we can get avatars from url's again (please fix this its annoying having to dumb down images to 30kb)
It's the 30kb that's the limitation, not the from URL -- the image is stored locally in the forum, not fetched remotely every time.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:09 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:It's the 30kb that's the limitation, not the from URL -- the image is stored locally in the forum, not fetched remotely every time.

oh.......not to sound whiny or needy but is there a chance we can ever get.....more than 30kb for avatars? it's just even if i don't use gifs 30kb has always seemed a bit small :P

EDIT: wait then why were some of the smaller than 30kb images i tried to grab earlier not working?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:13 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:EDIT: wait then why were some of the smaller than 30kb images i tried to grab earlier not working?

Must've been too large - 125x125 pixels is the limit for avatars.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Since i cant do the kiss, official screenshot of the best moment in the show will have to do.

Korra: senpai noticed me.

From this scene:

Since this avatar is a minor edit.

Also changed my user image to this in response to the artist getting back into NSFW again:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Movember ain't over yet... but when it is, I'll have to choose between my ME!ME!ME! avatars and my Last Exile avatar that I've prepared. Then I'll have to find something suitable for Christmas. Hmm.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:04 am

@Rosenakahara: That makes me think: do we learn if the blue thing on Korra's arm is an armband or a tattoo?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:06 am

Fairly sure its a armband.......most likely anyway.
Actually scratch that she does have a tattoo on her arm but the armband she is wearing in that shot is just covering it.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:57 am

^
Just to be sure we're on the same page, I'm talking about the blue armband thing in her right biceps visible when wears her sleeveless top.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:01 am

oh that thing?.......gonna say armband since she
doesn't have it in book 4

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks for the answer! :thumbsup:

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:35 am

No problem now its probably a good idea for us to get back on topic before this discussion is split into the LoK thread :P

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:13 am

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:07 pm

I am the bone of my anger
Hostility is my body and argumentativeness is my blood
I have created over a thousand flamewars
Unknown to Calm, Nor known to Sense
Have withstood idiocy to derail many threads
Yet, this argument will never convince anyone
So as I pray, unlimited RAGE works.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:29 pm

My Canuck rage has turned into sadness and despair.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”