FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Decided to drop one of now-former clients off my list for being a fucking cheapskate three times in a row, paid me lot less than what I charge. Fuck him, he'll have to go elsewhere for his computer fixes, and for buying shitty parts that make him travel more often for warranty than only once.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:22 pm

There was a another login attempt on my email, but it failed. Traced the IP back to Russia. Checked on my account on steam, and 18 hours ago, someone was logged in playing Left 4 Dead 2

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:Could be just a bad password (or one reused over multiple sites, and one of those sites got hacked (Ashley Madison? :lol: )).

@ backseatjesus: some types of malware (especially bootsector stuff) can't be found or removed when you scan the machine while logged into Windows. Use a bootable CD-ROM with a Linux distro tailored for scanning for virusses and malware.
Just hoping you don't have a BIOS virus, because depending on the machine that might mean you need to get it serviced at a dealer or even replace it.

To be honest, I think he just somehow got lucky. Maybe he happened to be logged into my email when I changed the password? It doesn't log you out when you change it. I just don't think this guys very smart to pull anything elaborate. I mean, he didn't even bother changing my email password to something I couldn't figure out even when I was logged out. I'll probably do it anyway though.

also, my password wasn't weak at all. I seriously just hit random keys on my keyboard with alternating capital letters, lowercase and numbers, then memorized it by heart.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Speaking of people trying to hack steam i had to change my password like 5 times over the last few days because people kept almost getting into my account.
Luckily i have the email code thing set up so they always fail.

Also had my first phishing attack in 5 years today so that's fun.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:03 pm

I wonder if this is relevant
http://www.eteknix.com/steam-user-data-being-sold-on-russian-dark-web/

well, then again, I know I haven't logged into any fake steam sites, so probably not.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:41 am

I'm so burned out regarding college that I find it hard to get worked up over anything associated with it anymore. I have a test tomorrow at 6:00, but I just don't have the drive to get worked up over it like I used to since I haven't even started studying yet. Maybe it's secretly a good thing, but it's a pretty stark comparison with how my work ethic was freshman and even sophomore year.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 am

http://www.truthorfiction.com/facebook-users-now-have-to-pay-to-keep-posts-private/

I'm astonished that some people actually believed in the hoax.

--------------
I don't know what to make out of my life right now. I am very angry that I am asked to ditch everything, including my life's work, my closest friends... even the dirt, the smells, the chaos, the atmosphere, the simple comfortable clothes that I'm used with, for a life where I am asked to live in near-isolation, in some suburb I'm not familiar with, being stuck in a room and not able to leave freely...

Okay, there's a windfall but then there's the catch in that the fatass has gotten a massive windfall from some bigshot I have no idea who he is, and in two weeks we have to live in a high-security environment, behind high walls, barbed wire and security cameras. In a few years I am being asked to move to America, and that is NOT I want.

While the niece and nephew are excited at living the high life, I don't want it. I don't want it because that is NOT ME.

So I am going to fight to keep the things that gives me real purpose, that puts my feet on the ground, and I am determined to be my true self.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life cooped up in isolation, in a world that I don't belong to, and once my number is up, I am not going to be consigned to a jar but in a box six feet under, and under a shade tree.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:27 pm

My filling fell out again. Might be bad.

Still tying to decide.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Had to pay $250 for a test to officially get into graduate school that won't teach me anything and won't impact my life in any way except to take up more of my time. And after this year, my program might not even require this test anymore. Joy.
Movin' Right Along

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:18 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Also had my first phishing attack in 5 years today so that's fun.

Aaaah that happened to me on twitter

There's been this message going around that compromises your account that says this and I only clicked on it because the person who sent it to me was a non-english speaker who follows me and I thought he was trying to ask me something. Fuck me, right? That's an fml in itself, too, as well as me warning everyone here who may use twitter and could possibly see this sent to you in your inbox.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:40 pm

I found a politician I can support.

Unfortunately that's "support" only in the mental sense, given that he's a third party candidate running for a senatorial seat in another state.

Such is life.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Is it the goat guy? It's the goat guy isn't it.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Well, my grandma died yesterday. She was 86 and had to be on oxygen constantly. The funeral is Friday so I'll be going to that. Towards the end she was having trouble breathing even with the oxygen, so I'm relieved that she won't be suffering anymore. She kept telling us for a long time that she was ready to go, so I think this was for the best. I'm glad I got to see her at her birthday party a week ago before she died.
[Redacted]

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:51 pm

My condolences.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:22 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Is it the goat guy? It's the goat guy isn't it.
It's the goat guy.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:22 pm

Sorry for your loss, Iron :huggles:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Sorry, IE.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:23 am

I'm sorry for your loss, IronEvangelion.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:31 am

Thanks, everyone.
[Redacted]

unz
Israfel
Israfel

Postby unz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:34 am

My condolences.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 pm

I think I need to start seeing a therapist. My issues are starting to get to the point where they're affecting my overall quality of life again. Usually I can power through, but I'm having trouble doing that nowadays and I don't want to wait before things get really bad to take the plunge. The good news is my health insurance covers it under preventative care.
Movin' Right Along

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”