FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:48 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I've heard about it for years yet I never seen it
I've read about it yet never seen it

This past weekend, I've finally watched it:

Japanese Spiderman!

:klkmako:

I'm in love

And this ruined your life somehow?

OT: I literally (like 10 minutes ago) just accidentally dropped my Nintendo 3DS.

And...it fucking BROKE IN TWO.

God-fucking-dammit!
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Got a blue screen of death. Think it's a virus, could be because I haven't shut my computer off or updated it since September. My anti-virus is also telling me that "TRAY~1.exe" and shit like that are malicious. Definitely need to update.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:23 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:I literally (like 10 minutes ago) just accidentally dropped my Nintendo 3DS.

And...it fucking BROKE IN TWO.

God-fucking-dammit!

Damn, I feel bad for you. I know how expensive those things are. Is it fixable in any way?
[Redacted]

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:53 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Damn, I feel bad for you. I know how expensive those things are. Is it fixable in any way?

Naw, the ribbon tore.

At the very least, someone on another forum has said that he'll buy me a 3DS XL to replace it.

So whoohoo.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:49 pm

^Whoa, talk about the kindness of strangers! :lol:
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Fixed my computer. All I had to do was update it and now it's working fine.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:19 am

Bracing for the worse. I'm at hair triggers. Fucking asshat in-law ruined the day.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:42 pm

So the manual for the tablet I got a while back said to install the drivers from the CD before plugging the tablet into the computer. Turns out if you do things in the wrong order, the tablet cause Windows to install some generic driver that seem to interfere with the installation of the disc drivers. The tablet works fine for Osu without the disc drivers, but the settings program included with those drivers gives you more options for setting the active area of the tablet. I've been using the driver package available on the manufacturer's website, which according to the version number are newer than the ones on the disc and have installed fine. What's funny is that these newer drivers give me fewer tinkering options than the old ones.

The Huion representative I contacted told me to try removing the generic drivers by hand and then installing the disc drivers, but that didn't work either. I've also posted about it in the Osu forums and reddit about the issue, and I've gotten responses from people who've gotten the older drivers to work on Windows 8.1 (I previously thought the problem could be some compatibility issue). I'm kind of at a loss at this point....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:42 pm

I had a similar problem with my Nexus 7 on Windows 8.1 for a while. In the end, I found I could install the correct driver manually through device manager; and after I'd done that a couple of times the problem didn't recur. This happened on two machines, so there's a possibility that a Windows update affected the behaviour as well, but I've no proof. In my case, it was the generic Windows driver that had to be installed for it to work properly; the problem was that the machine couldn't work out whether it was a disk, a media device, or a phone!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:08 pm

So this little adventure I had today ended up with me screwing up the driver for my laptop's trackpad. I contacted Lenovo, they scanned my computer and determined that I had a corrupted file. They said they could fix it remotely, but I'd have to buy a premium support subscription from them since my own warranty expired a few days ago. This would cost me a minimum of $110. I don't think it's that big of an issue, and I'd like to avoid paying that much money for what will probably be a one-time problem. I guess I'll keep looking for solutions online.

EDIT: I seem to have found a registry key related to the trackpad drivers that looks a bit funny. Anyone here know anything about editing registry values?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:28 am

I can feel my left ear swelling up inside. :explode: I'm not even over the strep yet!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:16 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I can feel my left ear swelling up inside. :explode: I'm not even over the strep yet!
Ear infection? Whenever I get one, my mother dumps a bit of cheap vodka in my ear.

Works strangely well.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:27 am

I bought a new hard drive a couple of days ago, but the elation I experienced was cancelled out with yet another domestic dispute.

Later I had a talk with sis. Told her what options we may have to take in the worst-case scenario, like getting help from her friends, and she replied in a tone that implied hopelessness on her part, that she can't get help, and she thought that emigration would solve all of our problems (meaning to say, as soon as they arrive in America they'll file for divorce; meanwhile I intend to stay here, knowing that I will never fit in America).

Yeah, I am doing my hardest to keep myself from grabbing the sonofabitch and medievalize him completely.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 am

Changing courses AGAIN, i was terrible at this one too, im just not great with tests and craptons of writing.

Taking an apprenticeship instead though im not sure which one.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Well, looks like I'm joining a lot of you here on this thread. I'm back on campus, and I'm already having problems.

One of my classes is overlapping with another classes schedule, the one being overlapped is Spanish 102 which may help me for my nursing career, but my Fundamentals of Nursing class is overlapping it by about 30 minutes due to schedule changes, and I my have to drop my spanish class entirely, since there aren't any other spanish classes scheduled.

Hopefully, this little error isn't an omen for this semester. :irked:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Bleh, stressful week at work and it won't be letting up until the start of next month.

Got so behind in game maintenance this week that I had to rush job a ton of machines today just to make it look like they got done. Then we fixed one game that's been down all week due to a dying motor and wont you know it I slipped while putting one of the glass covers back on. Thankfully I caught it, but not before it hit the helicopter that files around inside and broke one of the landing skids off... and all of this on a day when our district manager decided to have a surprise visit. :facepalm: Hopefully my rush jobs weren't too bad if he decides to check my work and I feel bad about breaking the helicopter part even though that machine is slated for the scrap bin in two weeks. I guess somebody wants it before it gets hauled away, but my boss assured me that we'd fix it and laughed about it. It seems he was not too concerned about it.

Going in an hour early Monday as well as on the following Monday, and going in at 5 am on the 28th-29th to help supervise our game delivery and transfer process. Going to be sooo dead these next two weeks.
Last edited by MAGI_01 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:57 am

My body is all out of equilibrium. I feel like shit and it's not really going to start getting better until two weeks from now when (hopefully) I don't have to wear a sling anymore.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:13 am

I recently experienced a great burst of social activity in my life due to a brief return of old friends who were living out of town or abroad, and even new people I've met, but now they have all gone back and the routine of much more sporadic social interaction and daily life is boring the hell out of me.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:56 pm

I feel like burrowing into a hole again. Goddamn alpha male windbag is pestering sis up the wall.

And lots to wash and clean up. Lazy dorks.

----------
BTW, in one forum I lurk, seems that a certain browser is a cause for alarm that the tinfoil mentality has taken over.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:58 am

Can't find my copy of Macbeth anywhere, and I need it for school tomorrow. It doesn't help that it's only 128 pages wide, and my home library is fairly huge-ass, not including the mountains of books on my desk and my second bookshelf in my room.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”