FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:21 pm

If I cannot find happiness, why should I continue living my life?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:27 pm

^

Just because you haven't found it now doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. And what about your hobbies and interests? Don't they give you some comfort and consolidation?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:50 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote: what about your hobbies and interests? Don't they give you some comfort and consolidation?

Sometimes, yes

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:52 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:If I cannot find happiness, why should I continue living my life?
I thought you'd have liked to have been around to see the 2015 Dragon Ball Z film? I'm sure there are things that excite you even more than that, too.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Well, yes it does excite me but that excitement never truly lasts and I wined up wanting
to hurt myself again.

- Suicidahlia

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:02 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Sometimes, yes

Then focus on them. If you end your life now, you won't get to experience them anymore or see anything new that may pique your interest. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:21 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:1-800-273-8255

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:28 pm

I think re-watching End of Eva again was what really broke me. I just can't do it

- Suicidahlia

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:30 pm

^

Well, you're not completely broken yet, and maybe you should avoid more "depressing" tales for a while. And as everyone has been stressing, call that number. Trust me, it will help you. :)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Guys: Please PLEASE call the #s given. Having somebody--anybody--to talk to can help, a lot. I've been there before, it's never good. It does get better regardless of how low you might be feeling now.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Okay, Squig, you have me on Skype. Feel free to PM or even call me. I dislike being called daily, but i don't mind talking anytime you need something. Dataprime, feel free to PM me, and i can give you other ways to contact me if you want. Now, you said that EoE broke you down again, so, i'm gonna just ask that you watch the scene where Shinji rejects instrumentality. Skip everything before, and skip everything after Yui stops talking. Just listen to Yui's words and take them to heart. Now, if EoE did have such a powerful negative effect, you should probably watch something more light-hearted. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a good surreal comedy, and Azumanga Daioh never fails to make me smile. Calvin and Hobbes is a good American comic for that, although it does have a few sad moments. If you need motivation, Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill can help with that.

The only time suicide is ever a good option is when you have absolutely no chance of ever being happy, and you two live in first-world countries, have enough money to access the internet, and are not on a sex offender registry or spending life in prison. While that doesn't mean you have a perfect life, and you don't, it does mean that you have the possibility of becoming truly joyful. So, take that possibility, and make it reality. I do not know enough about either of your situations to know how, but i know that if i could, you guys sure as hell can.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:52 pm

They say that if you take a nap you will feel a ton better. So why do I feel even more shittier then before
I went to sleep? :irked:

I can't take it anymore!

- Suicidahlia

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:58 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:They say that if you take a nap you will feel a ton better. So why do I feel even more shittier then before
I went to sleep? :irked:

You might want to take a walk or something to clear your mind (assuming it's not too cold where you live, it's chilly most everywhere in the States right now), and then set yourself some short-term goals and work on accomplishing them. This will keep you distracted for a bit and give your mind a chance to sort out your current situation and think of new ways to approach it. It can be anything -- watch an anime, build a model kit, exercise, apply for some jobs, do some school projects, whatever you like. It can be big or small, but as long as it's something you can do to keep yourself occupied and let you feel like you've accomplished something for the day that's enough.
Last edited by Bagheera on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:05 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It can be big or small, but as long as it's something you can do to keep yourself occupied and let you feel like you've accomplished something for the day that's enough.

This, totally. I have to keep this in mind even on days I'm not feeling down.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:56 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:The only time suicide is ever a good option is when you have absolutely no chance of ever being happy, and you two live in first-world countries, have enough money to access the internet, and are not on a sex offender registry or spending life in prison.

Suicide is never good, it's cowardly and foolish.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:41 am

Had an argument with my mum today, pulled an all nighter to complete some college work so i was beat however my mum went off on a massive hissy-fit because of this because "you are not going any days off school" even though i never said i wanted a day off and then it devolved into her saying i never do anything for her (which is bull) and also that im a leech till i find a job, which i have tried but failed several times already, she then proceeded to slap me and the anger plus how tired i was at the time meant i slapped her back, she then ran crying back home and locked me out of the house for a few hours in the rain, now all of my computing shit (that i need to do college work) is gone and she acts like im a she-demon.

This is literally all i ever get from her, i wonder why i even try doing things anymore if its just going to end in un-appreciation and shouting.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am

View Original Postdelispin25 wrote: it's cowardly and foolish.

I disagree with you on that, but to each his own I guess.

- Suicidahlia

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Quite possibly the biggest piece of shit bully in my life is my aunt, every time my mum gets pissy with me she calls HER up and "iron aunt" as i call her strongarms me into agreeing with whatever she says regardless of right or wrong because she is bigger and stronger than me, the fucking thug even did the "holding you up by your clothes" thing you see thug mooks do in every anime ever and threatened to beat the shit out of me if i hit my mother again, ignoring the fact it was in retaliation to her calling me worthless and saying im a leech as well as hitting me first she, a 40+ year old athletic tournament (small ones) winner was threatening to hit a sickly 17 year old girl who has never been in a proper fight in her life.........because that's good ethics isn't it?

Hell when she came in i was calmly stating to her we were both in the wrong and that we talked it over like mature adults however she really didn't seem to give a shit and just flipped out anyway.
I basically HAVE to agree with her otherwise i get beat up, she would do it too and my mum just accepts this, its both demeaning and infuriating to have to hold back all emotion in my body and politely agree with this woman who is clearly wrong but will destroy me if i say anything about it, i cant even offer up a sound argument, she wont give me the time.

She is currently having a shower in the next room and just hearing her voice makes me want to strangle something, times like this make me sad murder is illegal.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm not sure what people will think of returning your mother's strike across your face; though, I think it's a shame that she feels it acceptable to assault you out of frustration. I also wonder whether your aunt would treat you with the same aggression if you were threatening in any way? Probably not, but then, that's people. Just be thankful she didn't fill you in, I suppose, and lick your wounds in peace - if it can be permitted.

I'm curious as to why you would consider yourself a "sickly" seventeen-year-old? The statement interests me.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:42 pm

I suffer from a energy sapping disease, cant remember the name off the top of my head but it has caused me some issues in my life, i need a fair amount of medicine to function that's why i said "sickly"

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”