FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:40 am

Things are getting real tense here.

Seems that ever since Sis got the job helping Japanese try to talk in English, I don't know much but in-law was beginning to feel insecure because it's been, what, 5 years, 10 months and 13 days since I got here (having all of my mom's relatives gone fucking sour on us, while half my father's relatives aren't exactly the people we could trust on...) and he's still officially jobless after he quit that big-paying exec post over some shit between him and management...

He thinks sis was two-timing on him over one of those one-on-one sessions, but she wasn't -- he's getting unpredictable (one moment he's furious and gets mad over even the smallest things, and the next he's sane) and possibly dangerous because he (1) happens to carry a couple of licensed firearms (2) he's an asshole buddy of several high-ranking cops in the city and therefore any sort of domestic flareup between him and her, and any reportage will be easily subdued with a phone call (3) he's monitoring her surfing habits, going as far as to attempt hijacking and reading her email and facebook accounts, and (3) he just made the kids side over him and turned them into his watchdogs so that they can't allow sis to try starting a conversation with her friends.

Fucking dorks.

Whenever they go out, sis had to create the illusion of them being together, when in-law is the one trying to desperately to keep her back.

Whenever he's away, she confided to me that he's somewhat obsessed, he's off his nut, and sometimes wished she didn't married him in the first place (as if most of my misfortunes since 1984 weren't enough, and I had my share of a similar length of domestic dispute between father and stepmother who took advantage of his military pension -- and he died literally working hard).

I'm getting worried with their bickering going on certain times, and trying to play hero isn't the best option at the moment, because at the moment it will be hard to find help; I'm trying my best not to crack under pressure and appear neutral, and I'm pinning on hopes that my computer that I'm using at the moment is still secure and there's no way he'll ever know my password and that he assumes that I'm just following orders without question.

BTW, there are no divorce laws in this country, and legal options such as nullification of marriage are very expensive.

Soon if things comes to worse, if I lose my restraint, I might throw all of my lot.

I wish he wasn't my brother-in-law. What a motherfucker.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:57 am

^ That's fucking crazy, man. He sounds like the kind of guy who could slip into domestic abuse, especially because his work situation isn't favorable and he seems like he's obsessed with being a man or whatever. And the obsessive spying doesn't bode well. Your sister and you are in a really tough situation. If it ever does escalate to violent behavior, I would recommend telling her to just GTFO of that relationship. It's best to just lose him. I hope it doesn't come to this though. It sounds like your in-law could make it difficult. Hope it doesn't go to shit for you.

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Eh i was already in the negative numbers with the lesbian sex

:scanners_head:
Last edited by StarShaper7 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm

^ I would say he is already guilty of emotional abuse, my dad did that shit a lot to me (mostly after he found out i was gay) and my mum who sadly didn't get the idea to drop the scumbag, one day he got bored of us both and decided to move out, still technically not divorced because he is making it difficult but that relationship is over so my advice is to tell her to get the hell out of there.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Agreed, but she also needs to take steps to protect herself if she does. That situation is toxic, and it doesn't sound like it's going to improve. There are resources for how to extricate oneself from those situations, but I'm not sure what exist where you are.

Which country is this?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:20 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Agreed, but she also needs to take steps to protect herself if she does. That situation is toxic, and it doesn't sound like it's going to improve. There are resources for how to extricate oneself from those situations, but I'm not sure what exist where you are.

Which country is this?

Philippines. And I'm not sure those resources exist for women there.

Sorry to hear it, Soul. Not sure what to suggest, since he has ties with the cops. Maybe time to start thinking unconventionally? Social pressure comes in many forms, maybe other parts of your family could help? Or friends? Or government resources apart from the police? Those cops gotta have political enemies, so maybe that's an avenue you could explore.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:43 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:He thinks sis was two-timing on him over one of those one-on-one sessions, but she wasn't -- he's getting unpredictable (one moment he's furious and gets mad over even the smallest things, and the next he's sane) and possibly dangerous because he (1) happens to carry a couple of licensed firearms (2) he's an asshole buddy of several high-ranking cops in the city and therefore any sort of domestic flareup between him and her, and any reportage will be easily subdued with a phone call (3) he's monitoring her surfing habits, going as far as to attempt hijacking and reading her email and facebook accounts, and (3) he just made the kids side over him and turned them into his watchdogs so that they can't allow sis to try starting a conversation with her friends.

The FBI will be more than willing to help out if such proves to be a problem.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:53 pm

The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:21 pm

The FBI investigates and assists wherever there are crimes involving American citizens.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:29 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:The FBI investigates and assists wherever there are crimes involving American citizens.

I didn't get the impression Soul was American, but I might have missed something. If that's so he does indeed have other options.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I didn't get the impression Soul was American, but I might have missed something..
American serviceman father, and complicated not quite legal status which seems to be why he's essentially enslaved by the in-laws.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:53 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:American serviceman father, and complicated not quite legal status which seems to be why he's essentially enslaved by the in-laws.

I see. In that case, yes, there are several options, particularly if Soul's sister doesn't have the legal complications he does. But either way the FBI and Embassy should be able to help.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm doing terrible in this course, i don't understand half the shit in it even after having a teacher tells me and an assignment is coming up damn soon, im really not cut out for this but aside from looking like a damn moron i imagine someone with no college education is going to have a hard time finding a job, ugh this sucks.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:04 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I'm doing terrible in this course, i don't understand half the shit in it even after having a teacher tells me and an assignment is coming up damn soon, im really not cut out for this but aside from looking like a damn moron i imagine someone with no college education is going to have a hard time finding a job, ugh this sucks.

Get a tutor. You have options. Talk to your teacher even
What course is it?
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:19 pm

View Original Postdelispin25 wrote:Get a tutor. You have options. Talk to your teacher even
What course is it?

I cant get a tutor, the new BTEC stuff mean i can only get minimal help and its a 3d modelling course
and i have talked to my teacher, they were vague as fuck and then later when i considered dropping and job searching they had a massive rant on why i should stay.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:23 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:3d modelling course

Ooo! :drool: Got any public samples?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby mechashiva » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 pm

My ipod is not working. It's flashing the "The ipod cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found" message. It can sync but there's nothing on it, which is great because I spent most of the evening moving files around only for it to sync and have nothing on it at all. It did a system restore but it'll still just sync and not put anything on it. I read and re-read this thread (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1244785?tstart=0) and nothing is working, especially because I plug it in and it disappears from the My Computer folder as soon as I put it in

This has happened about four or five times and I know it'll work itself out eventually (it always does :rolleyes: ) but SIGH

:shinchair:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:58 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Ooo! :drool: Got any public samples?

Not that kind! XD

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 am

:headscratch: I wasn't meaning to imply anything dirty. I'm a game developer, I'm interested in this stuff.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:51 am

oh. in which case yeah still not got much atm, just basic shapes and models.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 am

Situation seems to have been somewhat stabilized, and I'm still in one piece. However, I still have to keep up the damn illusion of neutrality despite of what happened in the last four weeks.

I haven't said this but about a month ago in-law nearly had the gun to his head, causing a terrible shitstorm after he thought sis was two-timing against him as if it was revenge for the adultery he did six years ago.

What I want is stability and security, and if that man cannot take hold of himself and do something for the better than delivering false promises, it's just as worse as having me to deal with a psychotic ex-stepmother.

In any case, I still have contingency plans in place should things come to worse, one of which I'd rather try to live and work temporarily with a trusted friend and his family until things go back to normal.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”