Recent Hauls 3: The quest for more stuff

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Upgraded from my Lenovo G560 15'' to an Acer ES1 (14''). The switch from Win7 to 8.1 had some ups and downs, but so far so good.

Review here.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 am

Got my pre-ordered copy of Criterion's Jacques Tati box today. It feels great to finally have the whole filmography of one of my favorite directors.

"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:56 pm

FYE Prize mentioned in the Sailor Moon thread. I still dunno what the heck Accel World is (Sword Art Online related? Haven't seen it yet) since the Googles have done nothing.

New pajamas = always a good thing. -o-;

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:54 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote: I still dunno what the heck Accel World is (Sword Art Online related? Haven't seen it yet)

it's written by the same author and they take place in the same world although Accel world is further in the future than SAO and Kuroyukihime (the girl on the merchandise) is implied to be kirito's daughter
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Oh, okay. Thanks! ^_^ Apparently it's just a little artbook but some of the pictures are interesting.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:Got my pre-ordered copy of Criterion's Jacques Tati box today. It feels great to finally have the whole filmography of one of my favorite directors.

Is this where your former title of "Polyrhythmic Tati" came from?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:16 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Is this where your former title of "Polyrhythmic Tati" came from?

Yeah I combined my interest in idols and films back then with that title. Polyrhythmic came from Perfume's Polyrhythm and Tati from the name of the French director.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:27 pm

got my copy of dengeki bunko fighting climax today
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:42 pm

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 pm

^
I only recognize the bottom two dvds

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:42 am

Above is Mawaru Penguindrum, by the guy who did Utena. The user image in my profile is one of the characters (Shouma Takakura). It's really good - watch it! Zany, mystifying, compelling; and it has penguins...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:05 am

Ah, Voices of a Distant Star. It's a fine film, I say. Glad to see you picked it up.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:25 am

Figured best place to post because I'm having a dilemma on what "fun thing" I'd like to buy myself the most for Christmas time (I'm only limiting to 1 thing, for various reasons):

Boring details  SPOILER: Show
Sailor Moon Crystal OST - besides OP/ED, unknown yet if this will have character songs, or just BGM. I already own this (Live-action series Song Collection) and this one (90's anime Best of Song Collection), so the OCD part of me needing a physical CD from each 3 shows would be satisfied. :tongue: It'll possibly be out on iTunes international like the other Crystal-based CDs were, but so far no guarantee/unknown.

Megumi Ogata - Aitai - Wanted this 4-CD set for years; and I found it for an awesome price (Used, but I don't care) under various Amazon sellers.

Evangelion Die Sterne Ver.2.0 artbook - Sold my original copy years ago (hope the owner is treasuring it) and I've been really missing it because it's such a beautiful artbook. Similar to above, Amazon sellers have it for an awesome price (again, used, but again; I don't mind).

EDIT: Pfft, the Ogata CD and Eva artbook are from the same seller. :lol:

Yes, the choice is ultimately up to me, but these are 3 things I think I'd be equally happy with. Can't go with my gut when it's unsure. -o-; Help a girl decide, EGF!

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:23 am

Hellblazer vol.9
24: Live Another Day DVD
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:29 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote: -o-; Help a girl decide, EGF!

If the winner by vote wasn't Die Sterne, I'd be really surprised.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:40 am

I actually have Die Sterne, it's an amazing artbook. Didn't know there was a "version 2" or what version I have. You should get that though, much cooler than the other stuff, haha.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:07 am

Die Sterne is amazing. Never looked at the second one, though.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:23 pm

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 am

Because the estimated delivery is Dec. 17, 2014 - Jan. 9, 2015 (lol Japan), I went ahead and ordered Ogata's Aitai CD. I'll let y'all know what I think whenever I have a good listen to it. :) I can get the Eva/Sailormoon stuff most likely at a later date (maybe after Christmas, depending how much I'd have to budget to save/can afford to spend on myself).

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:40 am

Bought the Finnish DVD releases of Sylvain Chomet's The Illusionist and Hirokazu Koreeda's Like Father Like Son.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”