FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:08 am

Fuck recruiters and their obsession with extra curricular activities. I shouldn't have to be quartermaster general of some damn university organization in order to get considered for a good internship. A 3.87 GPA counts for something these days doesn't it? And sorry if my experience section of the resume is waiting tables and other menial jobs considering all the hoops you have to jump through if you want an internship for your sophomore year.

Even if I get selected as an alternate, I'm still going to have that plan B designation attached to me.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:40 am

Welcome to the crazy academics system. :|

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:53 am

That really sucks, Catamari. :(

I'm just glad you didn't get seriously hurt.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:27 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:"Does that make sense?" I say, "It does, but I haven't been able to get in a word yet about what I thought I did incorrectly."

Apparently this was a mistake.

You could practically hear a switch click in this guy's brain. His face went blank, his voice and body language turned hostile, and he said, "If you want my help, you will not speak to me like that."

Teachers just don't do that at any school I've been to since I moved to the Midwest. I had one teacher in my entire time I've lived here (what is it now, 15 years?) be anything remotely like that, and he was just a sub, and his attitude was met at best with snickers from what were already very well-behaved students.

Adding this to my catalog of "There are really people like that? And other people let them be that way for long enough for them to grow to full adulthood and get professional jobs and still be that way?" stories I'll continue to deny the reality of until I actually meet one.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:33 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Teachers just don't do that at any school I've been to since I moved to the Midwest. I had one teacher in my entire time I've lived here (what is it now, 15 years?) be anything remotely like that, and he was just a sub, and his attitude was met at best with snickers from what were already very well-behaved students.
Ouch. I had one teacher like that, in high school. He didn't take shit from anybody. Fortunately, he was usually very easy-going and knew how to teach. He taught me German for 4 years. Most of my other teachers were complete pushovers.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:36 pm

He is a good teacher in the classroom, and the incident in itself has been resolved. He was having a really shitty week-- apparently, he was covering all the classes for the other Econ teacher, which meant that he had a metric fuckton of classes approaching their first test (and just didn't have the time for me that day.) I guess he tried to be polite and help, but it turned sour since he really just couldn't do it.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:14 pm

What do the following have in common: Burger King, Liquor, and Panorama Cotton?

They are all ingredients in Catamari's anti-bad-day elixir.

Good fuck, it's been a frustrating day. A lot of normally little shit has piled up into a monstrosity of rage inducing nastiness. Homework frustrations and body pain being chief among them.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:27 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:What do the following have in common: Burger King, Liquor, and Panorama Cotton?

They are all ingredients in Catamari's anti-bad-day elixir.

Good fuck, it's been a frustrating day. A lot of normally little shit has piled up into a monstrosity of rage inducing nastiness. Homework frustrations and body pain being chief among them.

Yeesh. Is the pain from where you got hit by the golf caddy (or whatever it was)? You might want to se a doctor about that.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:31 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Ouch. I had one teacher like that, in high school. He didn't take shit from anybody. Fortunately, he was usually very easy-going and knew how to teach. He taught me German for 4 years. Most of my other teachers were complete pushovers.

The opposite of a dick is not a pushover. The snickering in the case of this substitute was completely deserved. The guy clearly didn't know how much of a clown he was -- lecturing us about respect like something out of a kids' show. I don't even remember what prompted it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was no more than the lack of the students worshiping at his feet. At that high school, every other teacher besides this sub was perfectly down-to-earth. Actually, really nobody ever misbehaved at my high school, in any class I ever attended at least. We were treated as adults, and rose to the challenge.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:55 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Yeesh. Is the pain from where you got hit by the golf caddy (or whatever it was)? You might want to se a doctor about that.
I did. No broken bones. I should be feeling okay in a few more days (I hope). If it keeps up, I'll go back.

Thank Mr. Skeltal

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:51 am

College is all up in the air, again.

The truth is I don't want to be in education- I hate education, always have, always will. But apparently I have to either be in education or employment, otherwise I can't stay at home. And I don't particularly want a job either- and even if I did I wouldn't be able to get one. Really I just want to be a NEET/Hikkimori and spend the rest of my life locked away in my part of the house, connected to the internet and doing nothing else. People tell me "You have to do something with your life" when the truth is I don't want to live, I just want to exist. Life is too much hard work. I honestly have lost the will to live, I just don't have the willpower to feel actively suicidal either. I just...am.

I don't want to change my outlook on life. I don't want to succeed. I just want to be left the fuck alone and not have to do anything. I'm sick of people expecting anything out of me. I don't expect anything out of me, after all, so why should anyone else? I know I'm a failure, and that I'll never amount to anything, but I'm fucking sick of people telling me I have to amount to something. No, fuck you, if I want to fail then that's exactly what I'll do, and if there is anything I can contribute to society (which there isn't) then you wankers sure as hell don't fucking deserve it. I wish I'd been born with some horrible disease that meant I couldn't possibly live a normal life or do anything, as opposed to just being stuck with high functioning autism and a bad attitude.

Honestly the only thing I can look forward to at the moment is the day Ebola wipes out humanity so I don't have to do anything anymore.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Squigs, get your shit together. Nobody rides for free. And college is practically the best thing ever, so stop being such a wet blanket.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:05 pm

You're just in a rut, you'll feel better in time. I think it would help if you stopped worshiping a cartoon, did wonders for me.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Comfortable living comes at a price, though. Of course they'll expect you to do something if they're paying your way - the internet and all the food to sustain you isn't free. I found it easiest to pay for half of the internet we use (even though there are more than two people using it) and a percentage of the water/electricity bills, whilst essentially living on toast and cereal; with a chocolate bar, very infrequently. Even if you want a basic, mediocre existence, you still have to pay for it.

Yes, college is a wasted effort.
Last edited by Sorrow on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:24 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:Yes, college is a wasted effort.

Bollocks to that, maybe for you, but it's necessary if you want to get qualified for trades.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:28 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Squigs, get your shit together. Nobody rides for free. And college is practically the best thing ever, so stop being such a wet blanket.

One day I'll tell you the full story of my life and how I ended up such a maladjusted sociopath, but for now all you need to know is that my time in education fucking sucked and as such I have an undying hatred for all forms of education, college included. Also I lack the ability to commit to anything, I'm far too fucking stupid to get anything done, I despise any and all authority figures and I'm generally an unpleasant, incompetent, vicious arsehole. Quite frankly I'm just hoping my dad and his entire fucked-up family die in some bizarre accident, thus netting me and my mum both dad's life insurance and a huge inheritance.

Some people are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness forced upon them, and some people (like me) never reach anything even remotely resembling greatness. I just cannot be arsed.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:32 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:I don't want to change my outlook on life. I don't want to succeed. I just want to be left the fuck alone and not have to do anything. I'm sick of people expecting anything out of me. I don't expect anything out of me, after all, so why should anyone else? I know I'm a failure, and that I'll never amount to anything, but I'm fucking sick of people telling me I have to amount to something. No, fuck you, if I want to fail then that's exactly what I'll do, and if there is anything I can contribute to society (which there isn't) then you wankers sure as hell don't fucking deserve it. I wish I'd been born with some horrible disease that meant I couldn't possibly live a normal life or do anything, as opposed to just being stuck with high functioning autism and a bad attitude.

If you don't want to do anything, don't. Just let the food and electricity run out and sit there and rot. But if you wanna be a hikki you need food and internet, and those aren't free. Why should anyone else pay the bills for you?

View Original PostSorrow wrote:Yes, college is a wasted effort.

For you, perhaps. For some of us it was a rewarding experience and one of the highlights of our lives. As with most resources its utility depends on how it's used.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:37 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Some people are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness forced upon them, and some people (like me) never reach anything even remotely resembling greatness. I just cannot be arsed.

Well at least you've got that one trait that 'great' men have, ego.

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThanatosII » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:41 pm

You cannot change the past, but can make the hands of the clock move forward to your desired outcome.

All I sense is "I've seen nothing change, and therefore nothing in the future will change." attitude.

From the past 18 years of my life, my family has struggled economically and we've always to had to hop from one household to another that wasn't ours and therefore was a burden to those family members that were kind enough to let my family and I have a roof over our heads. Wasn't until THIS year that we finally were able to get our own house (although the money was aided by other family members, which I'm extremely grateful for). A house where we can do our own things, not be a burden, etc is something I never imagined was possible, but hey, it eventually happened 19 years later!

I say that to say this; no matter how shitty your circumstance is, things will change. It may not come instantly, it may not come 5 years from now, it may take 20+ years, but surely it will happen. This is also what Evangelion has taught me.
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Quit feeling sorry for yourself man, crying like a bitch will get you nowhere.
Your negative attitude isn't going to help, and neither is posting about how sad you are on an anime forum. You should talk to a family member, and from there decide whether or not you'd like professional help.

You should find a hobby. I know you like WH, and from what you've shown me, you can't paint quite well, you should stick with that. Meeting some people would help too. I know everyone seems like a bunch of insufferable faggots, but there are some cool people out there that share common interests with you.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”