FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Baton techniques are pretty hardcore, man

Fucks you up

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri May 09, 2014 8:12 pm

I will never have the resources to construct a mountain fastness shaped like my own head.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat May 10, 2014 6:25 am

^One day I'll look out my window, see Mount Chuckmore on the horizon, and know the end is nigh.

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Still...I really liked it. It was the first formal training experience I had in martial arts, and if anyone was to start somewhere, I'd say start with krav. As a foundation system, it cannot be beat, and will teach you far better movement habits than most traditional martial arts while preparing you for a good lateral move into anything you want (judo, aikido, MMA, muay thai, sambo, BJJ...hell, even kali escrima. The knife system they use is almost the exact same stuff I learned in college).

I've been doing Taekwondo for years but I didn't really get anything useful out of it until a new black belt kid joined our class and actually taught me stuff that might come in useful for self-defense like immobilising the enemy or breaking some of their bones.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat May 10, 2014 8:02 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:^One day I'll look out my window, see Mount Chuckmore on the horizon, and know the end is nigh.

Sigged. That's brilliant.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sat May 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Welp, the AC in my house is malfunctioning again; just in time for the heat wave :irked:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat May 10, 2014 11:27 pm

More funny than anything else. I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow so I'm making dough for making some loaves of sourdough tomorrow morning. So I feed the starter, which is in a jar, and place it in the server room because it's warm in there. I know that I have to occasionally go in and stir it down, but didn't realize it would ferment so quickly and ended up with all this starter all over one of the servers. Fortunately just on the case, didn't get inside.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun May 11, 2014 2:14 am

Hehe, breadsplosion. The worst that's ever happened to me when I was making starter was when I put it in an oven to keep it warm (turned off, not like I wanted to bake the stuff) and forgot I had it in there. Two days later I turn both my ovens on for a big bake job, open the second oven, and find the plastic wrap I had placed over the starter melted into the mix. :rolleyes:

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 am

Someone hacked my PC and to weed out all the shit that spread inside a full cleaning will be necessary and that means I will lose all data and pics I gathered through years. That includes some that are no longer accessable on DA. But I can't even save one or two of my rarest pics since my brother tried to fix the problem without telling me and now everything is falling apart, system is horribly unresponsive and I can't even open 90% of basic folders, inluding my pic folders. There is no access to more than a half of basic programs and files.

Fuck this all to hell. :facepalm:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 11, 2014 1:27 pm

If all else fails, you could try a linux live CD to boot from and read the disk from the clean OS.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun May 11, 2014 2:28 pm

that sounds more like hard drive failure then a hack to me, but same difference.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Sun May 11, 2014 10:31 pm

I hate Minnesota it's always either snowing or storming/raining. There's a reason I call this place hell on earth. :irked:

In a weird turn of events I started writing in a journal and it seems to be doing more good than a therapist ever has. Of course that's not to say I won't go anymore but...

And fucking pollen man. That stuff is killin' me.

Edit: And the storms make it impossible for me to get to sleep.
Last edited by heavytread on Sun May 11, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun May 11, 2014 10:40 pm

The downside to this whole "job" and "life" thing is that I can't reasonably withdraw for days at a time to go through a depressed mood. I suppose that's supposed to be a good thing but the end result is that I can't manage to process it and move on. Instead of coming to terms or dealing with it I just end up forcing it out of my mind while I can. The problem with that is that as soon as I have time to myself, ie now, it resurfaces.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon May 12, 2014 11:25 am

not really an FML but i am just soooooo frustrated at trying to find a job. im not picky or anything, im basically applying everywhere within reason, but ive been at it since last november and still nothing.

uuuugggggghhhhhh i gotta get one so im not just bumming around online all the time + money is good to buy stuff with/saving it
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon May 12, 2014 11:41 am

End of school year stress is starting to set in. :sweat:

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Mon May 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Someone in Spain tried to buy 900 dollars worth of something in my card. The bank noticed it (and didn't process), called my family, and the card is now destroyed.

I don't know about you guys, but I think God is playing a cruel joke on me lately.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon May 12, 2014 7:27 pm

:crybaby: I just found out I have a research paper due next week. I knew I had one at some hazy point in the future but I thought it would be at quarter's end, not this soon. And even if we manage to convince the professor to delay it till after the final, the final is the week after that. And because I'm going away to Anime Central this weekend I have homework for another class that I need done before I leave because it's due on Monday (a week from today).

:facepalm: I started out this quarter all gung-ho that I would get the jump on all my assignments early, and here I am struggling and struggling to catch up after just the first procrastination.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue May 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Bronchitis.

:biii:

^
me having fun with mucus

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Knowing that many of my problems are the direct result of poor self image only adds an extra layer of shit to be sad about.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue May 13, 2014 4:47 pm

So I got banned on DakkaDakka AGAIN. This time because I voiced my displeasure at having Warhammer 40K violated by MLP and its fanbase of pedophilic manchildren (almost exact words).

I think I need to see a shrink; the fact that stunted multicoloured horses inspire such unrelenting murderous anger in me has me worried.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 13, 2014 4:56 pm

I could see why you'd have a problem, having something so childish and Feminine in contrast to Adult and Manly interact would be blasphemous, I feel the same about that Care Bears/Evangelion crossover.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”