[News] 2014 News (NO POLITICS)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:04 pm

LeBron James returns to Cleveland. The locals are already going insane; people in Cleveland have nothing else to live for apparently.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:06 pm

I don't follow B-ball why is he so great again?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I don't follow B-ball why is he so great again?

4 MVP Awards, 49.7% FG Pct., 27.5 PPG and basically single handedly carrying Cleveland to relevance in the last decade before winning titles in Miami.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 pm

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/11/japan-earthquake-2014-fukushima_n_5578889.html] 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Japan.[/URL]

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:56 pm

[url]http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-thinks-steven-spielberg-killed-a-dinosaur-2014-7[/url]

Steven Spielberg how could you!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Saw that the other day, :facepalm: heavily.

In pleasant news, there's this site: http://www.wearehappyfrom.com/ Collection of various countries throughout the whole darn world showing happiness. Know it's been around for awhile, but I love the concept, it's uplifting. The Tokyo and Warsaw ones are fun, Prague just looks gorgeous.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:23 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:[url]http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-thinks-steven-spielberg-killed-a-dinosaur-2014-7[/url]

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:36 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Saw that the other day, :facepalm: heavily.

What evidence is everyone going on in assuming that anyone who commented who wasn't like 10 years old was serious? Even the article doesn't state too strongly that any significant number of people involved might have actually been serious.

Or is joking that anyone actually took it seriously part of the joke, because at this point I'd sooner believe myself victim to a jokeception than believe anyone commenting on the pic was being serious.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Thing is, some people are that stupid to believe that sort of thing (have you seen people put on the spot to answer questions on things like Jay Leno's Jaywalking, etc), that's why I don't think everybody leaving comments were joking/sarcasm.

I prefer to be optimistic myself, but still.

___

Who's ready for the incredible Arch? :tongue:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/archie-andrews-to-be-killed-saving-gay-best-friends-life-20140714
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:27 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Who's ready for the incredible Arch? :tongue:

Oh wow. That series finally grew up and got serious and stuff? I used to read some Archie digests when I was a kid. The series ultimately bored me so that was the end of it, but I still remember it.

Makes me wish the Pokemon anime would do the same. :lol:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:12 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Oh wow. That series finally grew up and got serious and stuff?

Archie needs outside help for that.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:45 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:
Makes me wish the Pokemon anime would do the same.

What like a mature 17+ pokemon? :chinscratch:

- Suicidahlia

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:25 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Makes me wish the Pokemon anime would do the same. :lol:
We have an acceptable alternative which has been discussed in the appropriate forum often enough.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:35 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:We have an acceptable alternative which has been discussed in the appropriate forum often enough.

I continue to be amazed at how spot on accurate that OP is even as it's also the greatest troll in the history of anime. It's brilliant.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:49 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:We have an acceptable alternative which has been discussed in the appropriate forum often enough.

*clicks link*

*sees death spoiler title in sidebar*

:facepalm:

Hopefully I'll forget the character's name by the time I actually get around to seeing the show.
System Administrator

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm

@ Mr Tines

We have an even better Alternative.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Madonna » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:18 am

What's happening in Gaza is truly disturbing, all those innocent people dead, and for what? I'm neither pro Israel or pro Palestinian; I'm just pro humanity and seeing innocent civilians die brings tears to my eyes.

I don't want to start a political debate but I hope everyone sees it in their hearts to raise awareness and donate money to charities who are sending much needed aid to the Palestinians.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

(Reuters) - A Malaysian airliner was shot down over eastern Ukraine by militants on
Thursday, killing all 295 people aboard, a Ukrainian interior ministry official was quoted as
saying by Interfax-Ukraine news agency.

[url=http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/17/us-ukraine-crash-airplane-idUSKBN0FM1TU20140717] Link[/URL]

- Suicidahlia

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Israel has launched an offensive into Gaza after HAMAS fired rockets at them directly after a cease-fire.

Link I Link II Link III

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Libya rebels attack Tripoli's main airport

Link

- Suicidahlia

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”