Worst Part About Having Long Hair?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

xiuxiu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xiuxiu » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:12 am

it gets hot and sweaty.
i will spank your ass so hard you will hate the wig master

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:15 am

Ornette wrote:It's almost down to my knees so that's maybe [URL=http://www.tesuji.org/jonspic/0157.jpg]4 and a half feet[/URL]

Damn. That's one helluva scarf.

My hair's shoulder-length, and, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be getting any longer. I haven't had short hair since I was a little kid, so I can't even remember what it's like not to have it.

Pain in the butt? Yeah, probably.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:13 am

the worst part about having long hair is brushing it and washing it. Mine is down to my knees granted thats not that long cuz im only 5'4" but still it takes me 30 min to brush my hair in the morning. not to metionbrushing it throughout the day to keep it untangled. It takes a lot of shampoo and conditioner to cover my hair.
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:27 pm

I've had long hair for about 3 years now. I do cut it sometimes, more of a hack really. I don't have much problems with it. It's straight and thin, and even without brushing won't rebel. But I wear it tied. I can't stand to do most activities without having it tied.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:59 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:But I wear it tied. I can't stand to do most activities without having it tied.

I'm exactly the same way.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:00 pm

Funny story:

I just got back from the office, should have been back half an hour ago. I was in the server room setting up a new rack server when suddenly I hear this grinding fan sound, immediately followed by a sharp jerk from my head. You guessed it, one of the rackmounts with it's industrial strength cooling fan managed to grab a chunk of my hair and ate it. So I'm sitting here, both hands holding the caught chunk of hair to keep it from getting sucked in any more. It was too much to just yank out and I needed to find some scissors to cut myself free. Of course, there were no scissors within reach and my pager/phone was on the desk (also out of reach), so I start yelling, well aware that the noise all of the servers generate is much greater than the noise I can make by yelling. Half an hour later, someone happened to walk by the room's closed door and heard me yelling for help, got scissors and I was free.

First time something like this happened, since the fans are on the top of the rack enclosures. Must have been some errant gust of room circulation that blew a lock of my hair high enough to get sucked in by one of those.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:20 pm

My hair is curly. Not like, afro curly, but it gets into locks. I have to keep my hair from growing out too much or I look like I have a retarded, diseased 'fro. My hair's neck length. It's not bad, I guess. If I had short hair, it wouldn't feel right. I like my jumbled mess of a head <_<
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 pm

The frizziness from my extremely curly hair and the fact it gets tangled so freaking easily! >_< Though getting about 2 inches or so chopped off helps, what sucks is I haven't been able to put any stuff in my hair to calm it down because it's been really itchy lately/I have some weird acne(??) problem (doesn't seem to be dandruff, I used various anti-dandruff things and nothing helps, it some cases it makes the itching worse!) on my scalp that causes my hair to itch whenever I put anything in it.

Plus, because it's somewhat short now, I wear my hair down to bed instead of tying it back which is something of a pain in the ass come morning. >_<
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Figures...

Why was this thread resurrected two days after I totally shave my head bald. I did have some pretty long hair goin but got sick of having to take care of it so I got rid of it. Then I see this.

*SIGH*
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:20 pm

...Sorry for the late reply?? :shock:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:29 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:...Sorry for the late reply?? :shock:

It's not your fault. I was pushed into it by peer pressure and drugs. It's just that...I wish I had something to talk about with my Eva Monkey pals is all.

I'm so lonely :cry: :cry: :cry:

And I miss my hair cause it's freakin cold outside. If anyone of you are thinking about ditching your hair, DON'T. It may be a pain in the ass to take care of, but it looks way better than nothin but scalp. My mom pointed out that she could see a scar on the back of my head that I got when I was 7, so i'm not lookin too sexy right now.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:25 pm

Ornette wrote:First time something like this happened, since the fans are on the top of the rack enclosures. Must have been some errant gust of room circulation that blew a lock of my hair high enough to get sucked in by one of those.

On the up side, if you had died there you would have probably made Fark.com, and maybe Slashdot.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:30 pm

drinian wrote:
Ornette wrote:First time something like this happened, since the fans are on the top of the rack enclosures. Must have been some errant gust of room circulation that blew a lock of my hair high enough to get sucked in by one of those.

On the up side, if you had died there you would have probably made Fark.com, and maybe Slashdot.

I had a lighter, but I didn't want to risk setting off the fire supression (it probably wasn't even sensitive enough). There were 3 other people at the office so I figured someone would eventually check in on me.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:34 pm

I had a friend who had a similiar incident like yours Ornette. We were all sitting in his dorm room playing video games and he turned his head and got too close to the back of a room fan and it got sucked in. It ended up pulling out a chunk of his scalp before we yanked the cord to the fan and cut him free. Unfortunately he lost most of his long hair because of it. But on the plus side he stopped getting it continually caught in a car door.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:04 pm

Thought this topic was long dead.

Anyway, swimming is pretty rough on it, but if you take care of it on a daily basis it turns out fine.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 pm

Hey, nostalgic....

NEVER gonna cut my hair again!! Damn it, I had it to shoulders and all, and somehow I got the stupid urge to cut it!! Now. I'm really missing it!!
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:45 pm

Only thing that bothers me about a lot of hair is bedhead, other than that, having a lot of hair is the cool thing to do d(-_-d).

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:32 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Only thing that bothers me about a lot of hair is bedhead, other than that, having a lot of hair is the cool thing to do d(-_-d).

That's news to me. I could have sworn long hair went out with the eighties, and in many ways thank god.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:44 pm

Hunter21 wrote:
Tokpile Quohog wrote:Only thing that bothers me about a lot of hair is bedhead, other than that, having a lot of hair is the cool thing to do d(-_-d).

That's news to me. I could have sworn long hair went out with the eighties, and in many ways thank god.

The death of Hair Metal was a true tragedy.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Forte V4
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Forte V4 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:12 pm

My hair's as long as most like to keep it nowadays. The only thing that really annoys me is that it gets in my eyes.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”