The "Am I The Only One Who" Thread.

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:15 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Seeing how you managed to discover that Evangelion was an actual work of magic, and completely cataloged every single bit of symbolism, I'm surprised there's anything you don't understand.

I don't understand the deal with airline peanuts.

Actually I've never had peanuts on a plane. One time I got a bag of pretzels. Another time I was on a Southwestern flight from Las Vegas to Philadelphia at one in the morning and they had extra snacks since the plane was at about half capacity. I ate crackers and Oreos but there were no peanuts.

One time I paid $9 for a box with cream cheese (no chives, I hate chives), crackers, cracker sticks, Doritos, small meats and cheeses, a bag of goldfish, and chocolate chip cookies, yet there were still no nuts. It was expensive but I didn't eat before I got on the flight and I couldn't wait to get to McCarran. The Burger King used to be really good there but it isn't anymore. Or maybe there's two Burger Kings in there and one is better than the other. The one I went to the second time seemed to be in a different place but they renovated the airport between my visits and moved stuff around.

The important part is, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time.

Am I the only one that hates the aisle seat? When I sit there and I try to sleep the flight attendants keep ramming me with the snack cart. At least at the window I can kind of curl up and get away from whoever they seated me next to.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:34 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Am I the only one that hates the aisle seat? When I sit there and I try to sleep the flight attendants keep ramming me with the snack cart.
Quite the opposite. I love the aisle and hate the window. Although, this may be due to the fact that I'm quite tall and can stretch my legs out into the pathway.

Also, I have to use the loo a lot, so not having to bug the poor bastards next to me is a good thing.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:36 am

I'm definitely with Chuckman on this; and I like looking at things out of the window.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:41 am

I prefer window. That way when you crash you can see at least the flames.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:42 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I'm definitely with Chuckman on this; and I like looking at things out of the window.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love watching the takeoff and landing. If planes had only one seat on each side of the aisle, I would be in heaven.

AzraFell
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AzraFell » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:08 pm

Am I the only one who's never been on a plane or crossed the ocean?

Not that I don't want to! There's so many places I want to go but lack of fund dictates I stay put.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:17 pm

An airplane is a big bus except the inside is smaller and no one gets off for five hours.

Unless they go in the bathroom together.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:30 pm

On the subject of airplanes, am I the only one who absolutely loathes when your ears go POP when the plane takes off? I buy loads of amount of gum to chew to drown it out, I swear, if you saw me, you'd get impression I resembled a cow when chewing or something.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:00 pm

I can open my Eustachian tubes voluntarily to pop my ears whenever I need to.

(Looks at thread title:) Anyone else...?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:03 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I can open my Eustachian tubes voluntarily to pop my ears whenever I need to.
You mean by holding your nose closed and trying to blow air out of it?

Yeah. It really helps when dealing with ear popping.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:49 pm

No, I mean by internal musculature; no nose-holding required.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:15 pm

You may be the first person in this thread to post something unique. I didn't know human beings could do that.
the prophecy is true

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:18 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I can open my Eustachian tubes voluntarily to pop my ears whenever I need to.

(Looks at thread title:) Anyone else...?

You mean like a diver, and such?

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:17 pm

It's easy; try moving the pharyngeal part of your tongue or try to open your jaw backwards. That's really the best way I can describe it.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

AzraFell
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AzraFell » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:21 pm

I haven't been able to even pop my ears with the nose holding thing for about 2 years.

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:06 pm

View Original PostAzraFell wrote:Am I the only one who's never been on a plane or crossed the ocean?

Not that I don't want to! There's so many places I want to go but lack of fund dictates I stay put.

Nope, I've never been on plane or crossed the ocean either. You're not alone. I wanna go to Florida, California, Hawaii, England, Japan, Ireland, and Australia, but that's way too expensive for me.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:10 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:It's easy; try moving the pharyngeal part of your tongue or try to open your jaw backwards. That's really the best way I can describe it.

It's not really like that for me (neither my tongue nor my jaw needs to move or even tense up), and I can't think of any way to describe it because it simply feels like opening the tubes!

Like divers? I wouldn't know - but it would make sense for them to learn to do it.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:58 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I go one step further: I use RPG systems to organize the whole thing and give it rules and such.

Yeahhhhh you took it to another level. :lol: I hate to admit it but my characters haven't changed since high school. They've just "evolved".

View Original PostFireball wrote:I prefer window. That way when you crash you can see at least the flames.

This going to be in the back of my head the next time I fly :|

View Original PostRei IV wrote:On the subject of airplanes, am I the only one who absolutely loathes when your ears go POP when the plane takes off? I buy loads of amount of gum to chew to drown it out, I swear, if you saw me, you'd get impression I resembled a cow when chewing or something.

This is the only thing i hate about flying. Going up is no problem, but going down.....feels like my head will explode. So freakin painful. I'm deaf for at least an hour after landing. God forbid i go some place with high elevation. Can't hear shit for days... :sigh:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:43 am

View Original PostAzraFell wrote:Am I the only one who's never been on a plane or crossed the ocean?

I flew across the US to Seattle when I was a wee little kid, but I've yet to cross an ocean. Same as you as to why, no dosh.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:It's not really like that for me (neither my tongue nor my jaw needs to move or even tense up), and I can't think of any way to describe it because it simply feels like opening the tubes!

Huh, apparently I can do that too. Didn't know that until just now.

What an odd sort of sound that makes... like a low deep whoosh of something huge stepping on shag carpet.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”