Pictures Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:29 pm

If I ever visit my birthtown (Houston) again, I'll have to drop you guys a message. Grab lunch or something. Whether or not you actually want to meet me is, however, another matter. :devil:
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:54 am

So I was chilling at Comic Con and I ran into Adam Lusk from Teens React. We talked for around ten minutes before I had to bolt, but he was a really fun guy-- he comes off exactly as he does in the webseries. He's a pretty genuine guy.

SPOILER: Show

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:51 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:Met up and hung out with Nuclear Lunchbox at Anime Expo yesterday, and afterward we went to this awesome ramen house. Overall, it was a great time! And to prove it actually happened, take this:

DAMN you got a Kaworu Giraffe Neck, Sachi.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Well Saturday was a very fun and much needed trip to Seattle. Not only for the fantastic Distant Worlds concert, but just experiencing part of the city in general.

First off, the wonderful Seattle skyline as seen from the ferry approaching downtown. Fun fact: the Washington State Ferry system is the largest in the US and the fourth largest in the world.

After making our way to Benaroya Hall, home of the Seattle Symphony we bought our T-shirts to mark the occasion, but sadly missed out on the limited artbook for the tour as the last one was sold to the person in front of us. We both had a "Megalixer" (Mixed drink, named after the potion from Final Fantasy of course, consisting of Vodka, Raspberry Lemonade and Soda Water, made up just for the concert of course.) Was delicious, and we ordered one more each to pick up during the intermission later. There was another drink called Chocobo Kisses, but I can't remember what it contained, but it sounded great too. The prices were in Gil, which was fantastic. We finally got to our seats when they opened the Hall around 7:30.

As you can see, the place was packed. It was a sold out show, as was the night before it.

Here is the evenings score list.

Lots of fantastic scores. Hard to pick favorites, but if I had to, the rendition of the Opera "Maria and Draco" from 6 has to be the top. The version they played was different. Extended from the one on the first Distant Worlds album as well as bringing the choir in at parts. Had to be at least a 15 if not 20 minute piece all together. Absolutely brought the house down with one of the nights many standing ovations. The Opera singers were amazing and the Seattle Symphony nailed it, as they did with every other score of the night. But yes, other than that major standout, they were all equally fantastic. Of course the encore was only one of the most famous boss themes in the entire series. "One Winged Angel" which quite a few of us were shouting Sephiroth, along with the choir
:lol:

All in all a magical experience, and I hope it does not take them another 6 years to come back as I definitely will be going again.

A decent shot of the Space needle and Ferris wheel as we embarked on the ferry to head back across the Puget Sound after fetching some dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, Seattle.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Spud » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:32 am

About two months ago I took a small vacation to Hiroshima. It was only a few days but was some of the most fun I've had while in Japan. Here are some pictures we took.

Note: Sarah took better ones then me but it's still on here camera in Zama.

The deer at Miyajima. I like to compare them to homeless people. Once they figure out you aren't going to feed them, they walk away.

The giant "Floating torii gate" One of my favorite pictures of the trip.

Obviously since we are in Hiroshima we have to visit the museum and epicenter. A truly harrowing place. While I really enjoyed it we definitely needed a walk afterwards.

But have no fear, these guys where always there to cheer us up! I love the little finches. No matter where I am, the never seem to pay any mind to humans.

Before I left we stopped by Tokyo!

Hands down, my favorite photograph I have taken to date.

And finally a few funny things from the trip.

I've heard of box wine before but Japan found a way to make it even trashier.

I love these. If they weren't $15 a pop I would have bought them.
[/spoiler]
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:19 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:DAMN you got a Kaworu Giraffe Neck, Sachi.

And the soft, fair voice to go along with it. Hopefully my neck doesn't meet the same severed fate that his did. :tongue:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:26 am

View Original PostSpud wrote:
I've heard of box wine before but Japan found a way to make it even trashier.

My dad has a friend who is a total wine connoisseur who would cry at this mistreatment of his favorite beverage.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:47 am

What do you think is inside the box? A bag. Around here they just package it in a box so it's easier to carry and dispense. It's ideal for cheap wines like that because air never interacts with the wine inside the bladder so you can keep it for a while, unlike when you uncork a bottle.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:45 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:What do you think is inside the box? A bag. Around here they just package it in a box so it's easier to carry and dispense. It's ideal for cheap wines like that because air never interacts with the wine inside the bladder so you can keep it for a while, unlike when you uncork a bottle.

While it's hardly top shelf stuff some of the box wines are pretty good. I've had some I'd rate with middle-of-the-road bottled wines any day of the week.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:16 pm

It may not look as classy, but I'm told that the box also helps to cut down on the damage that light can do to the wine.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:What do you think is inside the box? A bag. Around here they just package it in a box so it's easier to carry and dispense. It's ideal for cheap wines like that because air never interacts with the wine inside the bladder so you can keep it for a while, unlike when you uncork a bottle.
I've always wanted to see wine packaged in juice boxes.

EDIT: Holy crap! It exists!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:32 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:While it's hardly top shelf stuff some of the box wines are pretty good. I've had some I'd rate with middle-of-the-road bottled wines any day of the week.

Oh, I agree. By "cheap", I didn't mean low quality, but inexpensive. They're generally on the lower end of the pricing spectrum but it's not to say that it's bad wine, necessarily. It's ultimately up to the producers and distributors. You're not going to see a box of Chateaneuf because the people who make the wine in that part of France won't hear of it. It's also appellation and on the higher end of the pricing spectrum. You're more likely to find producers who already bottle $10-20 wines because that's the right price point. People will pay $40 or so for a box of a $15 equivalent California pinot. People won't pay $400 for an $80 equivalent bottle of Bordeaux.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:28 am

I usually mess up pancakes, but not this time. I'm really glad as to how these turned out

They were for my sister, and as expected, she loved them.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:29 pm

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Ooh, someone's happy!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:33 am

So I went on some reconnaissance while I was in Pittsburgh:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 am

Does it have a DDR machine?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:27 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Does it have a DDR machine?

Can't say. Obviously, I didn't go inside. It was a Sunday, and even if it was a weekday, I wouldn't just roll up on them and knock on the front door. I would love to visit sometime and meet Mark and Derek.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:18 am

Grandchildren visiting from Germany -   SPOILER: Show
ImageImage
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:29 pm

I've really been around for 9 years?! Hot damn.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”