EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:06 pm

PrincessAsuka: PLEASE take our advice. We're only trying to help you in a clearly bad situation. Sadly, hate is just what it is: hate. No good feelings underneath. It's not some anime with a male tsundere (like Kyon from Haruhi) or something.

I understand it's hard for you, being only 22 and having some sort of personal problems you've mentioned before. But for your own good, you have to work on self-betterment before you can even consider a romantic relationship.

I'm just gonna requote my post from a few pages back and leave it at that.

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Honestly, it sound like you've been in so many relationships or budding romances the past year (your long distance one that ended, the guy you liked at the video game shop, etc) that you need to just take a break from dating and focus on yourself.

Enjoy your own life, find the things that help you personally improve, get into hobbies and interests outside of anime/manga/etc.

It'll really help you in the long run--and you might even find a great relationship in the process because you weren't looking for one and instead focused on self-betterment.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:31 am

By my own rough calculation about 40% to 60% of my mental/physical energy is drained by interpersonal drama or obligations. At least half of that percentage comes from dealing with family and having to look/act social for them.

It usually leaves me kind of conflicted because it's not like i want to tell everyone to piss off and leave me alone for good as i enjoy the interaction every once in a while, but it's honestly kinda deppressing to see just how much of my life/energy is drained not by the things i consider really important, but by stuff i'd rather not have a need for or consider secondary (and in the case of drama, something i'd wish to rid off my life entirely).

Apologies if this isn't within the topic scope.

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:10 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:By my own rough calculation about 40% to 60% of my mental/physical energy is drained by interpersonal drama or obligations. At least half of that percentage comes from dealing with family and having to look/act social for them.

It usually leaves me kind of conflicted because it's not like i want to tell everyone to piss off and leave me alone for good as i enjoy the interaction every once in a while, but it's honestly kinda deppressing to see just how much of my life/energy is drained not by the things i consider really important, but by stuff i'd rather not have a need for or consider secondary (and in the case of drama, something i'd wish to rid off my life entirely).

Apologies if this isn't within the topic scope.

There is necessary interaction designed to fulfill the natural need for humans to communicate and there is interaction used to fill a hole one wants to forget about. It is also healthy to appreciate those who bring positive fulfillment in our lives, because we can always imagine what could happen otherwise.

Speaking of filling a hole...{rant mode: on}

What do you do when people decide to escape what frightens them by forgetting about themselves? When they run off on social media to platform the religion of narcissism just to be like everyone else, and feel welcomed and cherished in the warm embrace of lying to themselves? It seems people have been running faster and faster to try to escape what frightens them lately, and they've been dropping many of their screws and marbles along the way. You point this out to them and denial kicks in. Because hey, we all have dual brains. I can believe what I want even though it might be a lie and the truth is right in my face.

Then there is the collapse (socio-economic, moral and sanity) occurring around the world that's been revealing many disturbing secrets about humanity...all caused by something all those up top are terrified of letting loose. And I can't even talk about it without looking like a lunatic in many places, and the stress from that is immense. It is a national security directive after all. The Luxembourg leak on corporate tax evasion is nothing. Blair's secret Saudi business deals, the useless 9/11 torture initiatives...nothing. That's all politics so I won't go further into it, but when you become privy to humanities miserable pile of secrets, you change as a person.

Enter relationships. In a world such as this, the truth remains hidden beneath the lies perpetuated by the media and those who believe it. And when you learn the truth, you become the truth: hidden. You're on another level and dating becomes extremely difficult. It's usually not due to any fault of their own. You just know how it's all playing out, and everyday you see this confirmed before your eyes. But most are ignorant of this fact, not due to lesser intelligence but from simply not knowing. Some don't have the heart to believe you and deny what you say. Others deny outright because the truth frightens them. It's kind of like reading the script before the part is played and people not wanting to know what it is.

How can you trust someone who doesn't know themselves? One of the major agendas of social media is to forget thyself through shallow ego centrism and narcissism which is probably one of the worst things you could do. Because when push comes to shove, and you find yourself surviving a major disaster in your neck of the woods, how do you think you will react? If you don't know, then you never really tried and I can't trust you. You can't trust a uncivilized human in a corner who never learned about himself: he's like a wild animal and must be treated as such.

I lament about social media because it seems everyone is turning to that to forget the pain that they feel when they are alone. And yet that is where many of one's personal problems are solved: in silence. People don't want to face the real lesson and instead a culture of running away has developed. A culture of millions of Shinji's and Asuka's playing games with each other but never coming down to the heart center where it all matters. Most seem to be oversexed, drowning in entertainment to the betterment of their perception, when they don't realize that overdrawing on one's sexual reserves does impact their health, physical, spiritual and otherwise. But animals don't think, they do without hesitation, without logical implication. And when the times get worse, the more they flock to entertainment to escape the their troubles.

At the same time, my increasing spiritual growth has forced me to cease activities I used to enjoy such as anime and video games. I realize now they only serve as distractions that can negatively impact my spiritual well being, such as denying the orange ray (2nd chakra) its normal rate of rotation for instance due to the illusion of violence against others. But this also severs my ties to the majority of humanity, who know not what they are made of or how their own beings work, and neither do they care to learn these facts. So in order to even bond with them, I have to get back into the negative illusions that makes up the majority of daily reality: drink bad soda, eat bad food, watch shallow hollywood movies, watch hentai that corrupts the chakra flow across the entire body, act like a egocentric twat on twitter to feel a shallow sense of fulfillment then voila, I vibrate like they do and we can relate! :facepalm:

My friends are gone and I have been left alone with my job, still living with the rents with a small sense of independence. This also pretty much kills my chances on the dating front as well, at least locally. I could rent a shitty motel room, but I'm not in it for the sex. There goes 90% of my options from that alone.

My faith in the human race diminishes by the day. Surely this thing called love exists. It exists on many levels. But the level of unconditional love, that seems hard to achieve by many. Taught to care for number one, but not care for their inner selves. Hah!

{rant mode: off}

Thanks for reading...I am walking in a desert of love at the moment and I needed to vent.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:28 pm

View Original PostIronfoot wrote:At the same time, my increasing spiritual growth has forced me to cease activities I used to enjoy such as anime and video games.

I don't see the connection between the one and the other.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:45 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I don't see the connection between the one and the other.

The expression of ideas through media, such as Call of Dooty or Moe-blob or generic DOTA clone isn't necessarily meant for the benefit of human consumption, though one could say their primary purpose is to be entertained or to feel better, the ideas behind the product influence one's reality on a subtle level. So if I decide to play the latest Call of Dooty for the Xbox One (god forbid I ever do) then the idea of separation by conflict arises in the mind and if believed by the subconscious has an influence on material manifestation. It took me a while to realize that what I watched attracted the same to me and it takes an awakened conscious effort to break the cycle of often times dysfunctional patterns. And in anime, there's a lot of immoral crap afloat not to mention the vast legion of hentai masturbatory soldiers that fap on day and night for the glory of their waifus. And wasting one's sexual drive like that has obvious consequences even aside from the closing of higher consciousness, such as numbness of the mind and higher irritability. To even think about it invites the possibility, so best not to even allow the thought within the conscious mind. That's not to say I'm immune because I fall prey to real models, but that's another battleground with different rules since you're dealing with real people and not just an imaginary construct.

A great example are strategy games like Starcraft 2, where the idea of separation leads to conflict between massive forces. The idea becomes firmly planted in the mind in the form of memories branching out into the imagination where possibilities begin to manifest. In the next days, suddenly life starts to become more conflicting. Work doesn't go as well as it should and people seem to be on edge. In these games, forces cooperate to destroy someone else. Why would you destroy the opposing forces unless you are ready to accept a similar possibility in your own life, following the Golden Rule? Treat others like you treat yourself and to me this goes beyond just mere human interaction. So now when I look at a shooting game I think to myself: "Are you ready to be on the receiving end?" Because that's how the golden rule works. And if I'm not, then I feel it one day in the form of conflict or anguish seemingly coming from nowhere.

For me personally, being an empath, when a thought enters my mind I can feel it's level and it's particular polarity (positive or negative) and hentai is particularly negative. It is a two dimensional imaginative construct that does nothing but drain the body of energy in multiple ways, one way disguised as pleasure but is not really focused on the awakened heart center. It benefits the user in no way except for a cumshot and "making her my waifu." It makes the second chakra spin endlessly faster in a lack of fulfillment causing a never ending need for more hentai. This pleasure is nothing more than lust uncontrolled.

I pick hentai because anime is often times a front end for hentai. And if hentai doesn't yet exist for an anime (which is rare), then the imagination takes over if it's caught in that cyclic pattern of masturbation to drawn characters. It is an awful one since the need for a new waifu is always high. So when watching anime, that urge is always present. You find a particularly cute moe-blob pooped out by Gonzo then the urge of fapping to her arises from past habitual patterns. I mean, you could try to watch anime without masturbating after, but at least for me it is very difficult. It got to the point that I couldn't watch it anymore.

It's also interesting to note how many albums out there are focused entirely on negativity. Music especially, one has to be very careful.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:27 am

View Original PostIronfoot wrote:The expression of ideas through media, such as Call of Dooty or Moe-blob or generic DOTA clone isn't necessarily meant for the benefit of human consumption, though one could say their primary purpose is to be entertained or to feel better, the ideas behind the product influence one's reality on a subtle level. So if I decide to play the latest Call of Dooty for the Xbox One (god forbid I ever do) then the idea of separation by conflict arises in the mind and if believed by the subconscious has an influence on material manifestation. It took me a while to realize that what I watched attracted the same to me and it takes an awakened conscious effort to break the cycle of often times dysfunctional patterns. And in anime, there's a lot of immoral crap afloat not to mention the vast legion of hentai masturbatory soldiers that fap on day and night for the glory of their waifus. And wasting one's sexual drive like that has obvious consequences even aside from the closing of higher consciousness, such as numbness of the mind and higher irritability. To even think about it invites the possibility, so best not to even allow the thought within the conscious mind. That's not to say I'm immune because I fall prey to real models, but that's another battleground with different rules since you're dealing with real people and not just an imaginary construct.

A great example are strategy games like Starcraft 2, where the idea of separation leads to conflict between massive forces. The idea becomes firmly planted in the mind in the form of memories branching out into the imagination where possibilities begin to manifest. In the next days, suddenly life starts to become more conflicting. Work doesn't go as well as it should and people seem to be on edge. In these games, forces cooperate to destroy someone else. Why would you destroy the opposing forces unless you are ready to accept a similar possibility in your own life, following the Golden Rule? Treat others like you treat yourself and to me this goes beyond just mere human interaction. So now when I look at a shooting game I think to myself: "Are you ready to be on the receiving end?" Because that's how the golden rule works. And if I'm not, then I feel it one day in the form of conflict or anguish seemingly coming from nowhere.

Bah, the idea of conflict through separation and a good/evil dichotomy is practically ingrained into the Judeo-Christian belief system upon which Western society is arguably based. Looking at American history over the last century, it's easy to see a large 'us vs. them' dynamic, particularly in a wartime situation; it's always 'Americans vs. Nazis', 'Americans vs. Communists', 'Americans vs. the Taliban', etc. Similar patterns are visible in the UK and some of the old Western powers. The idea of completely separate conflicting good-and-evil spheres dates back to the founding of Christianity and the assumption that if you were good you would be saved and if you were bad you were damned; it could be said that this ideal is what influenced the creation of vidya focused around separation and conflict.

But if I want to play vidya with a life partner then I'll do it, goshdarnit.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Eleven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Eleven » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 am

View Original PostIronfoot wrote:I pick hentai because anime is often times a front end for hentai. And if hentai doesn't yet exist for an anime (which is rare), then the imagination takes over if it's caught in that cyclic pattern of masturbation to drawn characters. It is an awful one since the need for a new waifu is always high. So when watching anime, that urge is always present. You find a particularly cute moe-blob pooped out by Gonzo then the urge of fapping to her arises from past habitual patterns. I mean, you could try to watch anime without masturbating after, but at least for me it is very difficult. It got to the point that I couldn't watch it anymore.

So for you any anime is linked with / evokes sexual fantasies and desires, no matter what genre you watch? That's how I understand that paragraph.
Do you think that is true for others as well, or is this just your personal experience with the medium?
I apologize for any grammar mistakes, as I am not a native speaker.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:33 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:The idea of completely separate conflicting good-and-evil spheres dates back to the founding of Christianity and the assumption that if you were good you would be saved and if you were bad you were damned; it could be said that this ideal is what influenced the creation of vidya focused around separation and conflict.

But if I want to play vidya with a life partner then I'll do it, goshdarnit.

This is also the thing that made demons much less interesting, before the formation of fully Christian beliefs Demons and Angels were very alien-like in a lot of religions, they didn't look human at all and there was very little visible difference between the two, Demons were also very "i don't care" in their attitude to humans, sometimes they would mess with them or help them when the urge came up or they were given a good reason but they were not "evil"
Then Christianity came along and everything became a lot less interesting and a LOT more black and white.

Sorry for the semi-off topic rant i just find the diluted versions of myth concepts that Christianity "reworked" to be so much more boring than what they were before and that has always bugged me.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Well, I took everyone's advice I'm giving up on him for good. I can't keep chasing a guy that constantly hurts me.

In the mean time, seems like ever since I lost weight and tummy fat, guys are starting to check me out, but none of them ever talk to me. What should I do
"Winds in the east, Mist coming in, Like something is brewing, About to begin. Can't put my finger on, What lies in store, But, I feel what's to happen, All happened before..." From Mary Poppins
"For Love and Justice, I'm the pretty sailor suited soldier, Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" Sailor Moon
"Anta Baka?!" Asuka Langley Soryu
"We fall in love, our hearts may break, we lose sleep longing for someone, but that's how we know we're alive." Usagi Tsukino from the Sailor Moon S movie.
"I'm not a nerd, I'm a specialist!!" Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic.
"Trying to make sense of what a cat does is like trying to make sense of what Chuckman posts." - Nuke-kun

http://www.silvermillenniumfalcon.com

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Live your life as you would if you weren't trying to get a boyfriend.

Do things for yourself, and if someone ends up talking to you or you talk to someone else, then so be it. But don't dwell on it and don't make it an objective. If it happens, it happens.

Do you have any interests, other than men?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:26 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:Live your life as you would if you weren't trying to get a boyfriend.

Do things for yourself, and if someone ends up talking to you or you talk to someone else, then so be it. But don't dwell on it and don't make it an objective. If it happens, it happens.

Do you have any interests, other than men?

I'm trying to find a job, but other than that my only hobbies are exercising and anime. :facepalm:
"Winds in the east, Mist coming in, Like something is brewing, About to begin. Can't put my finger on, What lies in store, But, I feel what's to happen, All happened before..." From Mary Poppins
"For Love and Justice, I'm the pretty sailor suited soldier, Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" Sailor Moon
"We fall in love, our hearts may break, we lose sleep longing for someone, but that's how we know we're alive." Usagi Tsukino from the Sailor Moon S movie.
"Trying to make sense of what a cat does is like trying to make sense of what Chuckman posts." - Nuke-kun

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Hey my only hobbies are videogames and anime and im mostly happy.
Just exercise and watch anime then.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:02 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:Live your life as you would if you weren't trying to get a boyfriend.

Solid advice. Find some other hobbies, do those. Eventually you may try some communal activities but don't go there with an agenda.

Walk the earth. Meet people.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:34 pm

I've lost him, he says I need to let him go for right now, find another guy. He doesn't know when he'll unblock but says if he's with another girl in the future and she's fucking up I have to better than her to make him want me. Now I can't even protect him. :sniffle:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:38 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I've lost him, he says I need to let him go for right now, find another guy. He doesn't know when he'll unblock but says if he's with another girl in the future and she's fucking up I have to better than her to make him want me. Now I can't even protect him. :sniffle:

You're still doing it. Sever. Stop thinking about him completely and occupy your time some other way.
the prophecy is true

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:44 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I've lost him, he says I need to let him go for right now, find another guy. He doesn't know when he'll unblock but says if he's with another girl in the future and she's fucking up I have to better than her to make him want me. Now I can't even protect him. :sniffle:

:fuyu_facepalm:
OK im done, do whatever the hell you want, not in the mood for your flip-flopping right now, this is not your personal blog we do not need to hear about every other time you go back on what you said and try to go revive a dead relationship.

This is probably most of the reason he doesn't want to talk to you right now, at this point even he is telling you to MOVE THE HELL ON and better yourself, you don't want to listen though, i feel as though i am talking to a child..........and i am younger than you are!

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Remember, this is a guy who said he hates you. If I were you I'd be throwing him at the other girl, or preferably at some Bengal tigers. Protection should not be on the agenda; try to forget him.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:27 pm

About PA....

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I understand it's hard for you, being only 22 and having some sort of personal problems you've mentioned before.

but I understand it's hard especially with that. Yes, I'm leaving personal problems vague.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:22 pm

People come. People go. Watch some good anime, eat some good food, and talk with some good friends. There's no point in throwing yourself at somebody who's explicitly said that they don't want you around.

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:18 am

View Original PostEleven wrote:So for you any anime is linked with / evokes sexual fantasies and desires, no matter what genre you watch? That's how I understand that paragraph.
Do you think that is true for others as well, or is this just your personal experience with the medium?

I don't think it's true for everybody, definitely some other people who watch anime as they make up a portion of the hentai community, but that's been my personal experience. The only way I could stop was to stop watching anime altogether unfortunately. It worked. So be it. Since a shared thought connects to those who also have it, breaking from this allowed me greater control over myself, though at the sacrifice of a hobby.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”