EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Wishing you the best, Reicchan! :yui_grin:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Bump with update!

I had my date on the 6th (past Friday), and ... man. It launched one super awesome (but all too short...) weekend! I'm not sure what else to say here -- sensory / emotional overload! -- other than that I... I have a boyfriend now! How can this be?! SHOCK AND AWE AND WARM FUZZY FEELINGS!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Congrats Reichu! :)

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Bump with update!

I had my date on the 6th (past Friday), and ... man. It launched one super awesome (but all too short...) weekend! I'm not sure what else to say here -- sensory / emotional overload! -- other than that I... I have a boyfriend now! How can this be?! SHOCK AND AWE AND WARM FUZZY FEELINGS!

That's cool

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Warm fuzzy feelings are nice. Congrats!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Omedetou!

:kampai:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Get it Reichu! Go, baby, go!

In my own experience, this weekend I struck up a random conversation with a girl on the train, who was going into the city to meet up and party with some friends. I made a comment on the brown bagged beer that she was bringing with her and that dovetailed into a half hour conversation with no awkwardpauses or anything. She's a couple years older than I am, but she was cute and seemed like a very open minded person.

We both got off and she asked if she wanted my number, I took it and she gave me a hug and took off to meet with her friends. I've texted her a couple times since then, but don't wanna come off as being too desperate or anything.

So, we'll see where it goes, hopefully someplace good.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Bump with update!

Congrats Reichu! I always knew you'd be the first EGFer to break out of this Lonely Hearts Club after it was established (excluding IO's H-game exploits).

Maybe I should try a bit harder too...although finding someone who would actually notice me and take interest in me has always been a bit difficult, because half the people at my school belong to the lad/bro subculture and the other half belong to the ditzy bubbly personality that I can't really see myself dating at all...
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:33 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I... I have a boyfriend now!

...What the hell?!

Is, is this a dream? Is this real?! How can this BE?! It doesn't even make SENSE!

The sky is falling, the Earth is inverting, everything I thought I ever knew has crumbled to dust!

Reichu has a b-b-b-blah... Reichu has a b-l-b-lu... Reichu has a BOYFRIEND?!

...Cool.

(Joking aside, I really was pretty surprised. I didn't think it would happen so relatively quickly, I guess.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:06 am

Congratulations Reichu!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:47 am

Holy shit.

GZ x100, Reichu!

It doesn't even make SENSE!

Indeed.

Even EoE makes more sense than this. -o-;

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:04 am

I think this pretty much sums up the overall feeling perfectly.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Congrats, Reicchan! :asuka_thumbsup:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 pm

:asuka_thumbsup: Congratulations, Reichu! May it last for a satisfying, possibly-infinite timeframe! :asuka_happy:
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks, everybody!

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Is, is this a dream? Is this real?! How can this BE?! It doesn't even make SENSE! (snip)

Still my own reaction, pretty much. :hahaha:

It's a bittersweet outcome for the time being, since my boy is back in Florida now and won't be moving to New Jersey until sometime next year, at best. LDRs suck, and normally I'd say "NOOOOOOPE" to them. But we have a game plan that seems to be moving forward, so I feel at liberty to exercise some patience.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm still looking myself.
Apparently the girl I liked didn't like me back.
On to the next battle I suppose.
It can get pretty lonely without someone by your side.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pikadourei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pikadourei » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:36 am

Well... I've known a girl over the internet for the longest time; I have no friends that go back as far as we do (Nor do I have friends I suppose). and against my intent I've fallen in love with her; I've never been able to show her how I felt though; and yesterday I just lost it completely. I wasn't myself anymore; I wasn't doing anything... just waiting, hoping.

Either way yesterday I've had a really good talk about it with her; and like most people she doesn't believe in LDR; because she has been in one when she was younger. And she's told me to give up on it; it will never work nor will she give it a shot unless I live in the same city as her.

I completely understand her and agree on most parts that it is unhealthy but still, I'm having a lot of difficulty just coping with it.
As in my head I keep fabricating hopes for this to still work, I tried saying goodbye to her about a year ago and it backfired, which is why I was determined to have a good talk with her this time; so as to not leave all happy just to realise nothing had changed for any of the better.

I curse myself today; because I'm still thinking of her non stop, have trouble trusting people, going back to the fabricated hope, that the long distance would be proof to me she cared the same way about me.... ugh I'm such a child but can't help it.

Pretty sure I will never have any one. Anyone have any advice for me?
I am a 27 year old virgin who's only had eyes for her all that time. I feel dead.

@Reichu: I'm glad you're getting places! Fantastic :)
My love explodes all over the world~

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:02 am

View Original Postpikadourei wrote:Anyone have any advice for me?
I am a 27 year old virgin who's only had eyes for her all that time. I feel dead.
This is going to be a bit of a "tough love" approach.

Online relationships seldom work out. I'm not talking about meeting someone online. My father and stepmother are an excellent example that that can work. However, purely online or long distance relationships are problematic due to a lack of direct contact.

In terms of getting over her? You won't, there will always be a little bit of you that wants to see her again, however small. Try to find some meaningful activity to spend your time on. Something that doesn't include watching television or anime. Build something. It does wonders for your confidence and sense of self-worth. Shit may suck, now, but that's pretty par for the course. I was a wreck for four months after I broke up with my second girlfriend.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:16 am

Arguably, One of the reasons why so many in the geek/nerd culture start a 'relationship'
with 2D 'waifus'. To escape the realities of being alone.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:06 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:This is going to be a bit of a "tough love" approach.

Online relationships seldom work out. I'm not talking about meeting someone online. My father and stepmother are an excellent example that that can work. However, purely online or long distance relationships are problematic due to a lack of direct contact.

There is truth in this. You don't fall in love with that person, you fall in love with their internet persona. It's easy to build up someone in your mind when all you have of them as text.

Yes. I too once loved.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”