Michael Jackson's Moonwalker™ (Weird Image Thread 5)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 pm

"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:46 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:

A view of the matter.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:50 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:A view of the matter.

That's a incredibly well made statue. Apparently more than me, thought it was actually a man. :bigeyes: The story behind is is rather ... I guess I don't have to go into any detail. But it just sound like someone has very weird prioritizes.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:25 pm

I hope that most of these complains are actually purely for the sake of lulz, but sadly I'm sure some of them are sincere.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:26 am

"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:54 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I hope that most of these complains are actually purely for the sake of lulz, but sadly I'm sure some of them are sincere.

Frankly I think it's more of a 'protect the endangered emotionally-vulnerable people!' impulse than anything else. It's interesting to note that at the time of writing no-one who has actually experienced violent assault actually spoke up against the statue; the complaints came from people who believed the statue would have a traumatic impact without any actual evidence of this occurring.

Personally I don't think a rapist would be trying to kidnap young women when dressed only in his underwear (in broad daylight) and up to his ankles in snow, but clearly someone does.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:53 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:the complaints came from people who believed ..
The reactions are actually an amusing example of what happens when art that's supposed to be "trangressive" and "challenging" transgresses against and challenges the wrong people.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:21 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The reactions are actually an amusing example of what happens when art that's supposed to be "trangressive" and "challenging" transgresses against and challenges the wrong people.

It's a statue of a sleepwalking man. How's that exceed any norms ? They're just some people with too much free time and a twisted worldview.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:07 am

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:They're just some people with too much free time and a twisted worldview.

For once I agree. They are actually fucking nuts and contribute to nothing though.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:18 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:For once I agree. They are actually fucking nuts and contribute to nothing though.

:hitthetable: that's freakin funny
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 pm

^^ This is truly a masterpiece ^_^

Some neat, yet weird guitars:
SPOILER: Show

__

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:07 pm

In your hearts you know this to be true

SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Is there more of that comic, or was that it?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Second half added. Hadn't noticed it was 2 images.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:46 pm

- "Get in the fucking robot Mika"
- "No."
- "What? But..."
- "Bye."

:lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Well, that was awesome. Choose well, Mika-chan, but remember you have to do it before you graduate high school or you'll definately be stuck with some ronin idiot in a harem comedy.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 pm

I like the telephone pole reference. Anime characters do love standing on those. ;)

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:

This has always been one of my favorite gifs..

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:35 am

First contact was thuh beyast.

Meanwhile take this Image
Leave Shinji alone

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”