WTF is your avatar and sig from?(h)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:54 am

View Original Post::KL7:: wrote:Dandy, from A world with no sadness, baby.
One of my favorite episodes. The irony is that it's one of the saddest episodes in the series. :(

That's a nice avatar.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

Postby ::KL7:: » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:09 am

^ Thanks :thumbsup: not sure if I should add the mustache though, but I'm sure he'll still look pretty dandy. :)
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:I'm assuming you and all Giants fans are already getting ready for another victory in 2016.

Not expecting 2015 given that the team has had off years in 2011 and 2013. They proved this year that they can still win despite not being as dominant in pitching as 2010 and 2012, without home field advantage for the Series, and once again, not clinch at home. But sports can be so unpredictable that projecting 2 years ahead isn't worth the energy.
Last edited by AR-99 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:58 pm

I decided that I'd just go through my moustache avis at one a week, so yeah. This week you get the one no one voted for (which was my favourite :tongue: )
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:34 pm

Stealth edited my Profile Pic to a very lovely scene from Crystal Act 9 (slightly tweaked).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:22 am

It's Midna.

Best Zelda grill.

I actually had my last avatar for over a month, a record for me. :lol:

Granted I've made like 8 posts over the past month...

SPOILER: Show
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:26 am

^ If anyone says anyone but midna is best zelda girl they are wrong.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:07 am

SSD: Oh, so you tweaked the background Earth colors to match the reddish-purple tint in Rebuild? That works! :smirk:

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Best Zelda grill.

Grill? Oh, so you grill and eat her well-done? That's interesting...never knew the Zelda series had edible characters in it!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:^ If anyone says anyone but midna is best zelda girl they are wrong.

She's best canon Zelda girl. Lana from Warriors is better.

SPOILER: Show
in my opinion
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:26 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:SSD: Oh, so you tweaked the background Earth colors to match the reddish-purple tint in Rebuild? That works! :smirk:

I think it was like that already, funny enough. I mainly sharpened the image/tried to brighten it somewhat.

And Midna is pretty interesting, for sure.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:33 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Grill? Oh, so you grill and eat her well-done? That's interesting...never knew the Zelda series had edible characters in it!

No, but Katawa Shoujo does. Toast.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:05 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:No, but Katawa Shoujo does. Toast.

Yes. Yes it does.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:19 pm

We were just talking about eating Asuka over in the Eva Pics thread. (»' ')» that-a-way

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:She's best canon Zelda girl. Lana from Warriors is better.

How is Hyrule Warriors not canon? I don't see why it couldn't be -- not when even the canon "timeline" is split six ways to Sunday.

...Cia › Lana
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:48 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:How is Hyrule Warriors not canon? I don't see why it couldn't be -- not when even the canon "timeline" is split six ways to Sunday.

...Cia › Lana

Dev interviews said that it isn't canon, but if it was, it would take place at the end of the child timeline. Aonuma also says to think of it as an alternate reality.
/hj

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:52 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Dev interviews said that it isn't canon,

FFFFFF!

but if it was, it would take place at the end of the child timeline. Aonuma also says to think of it as an alternate reality.

Even the canon games are (sometimes) in alternate timelines from each other! What's one more? :shinji_boohoo:

I'll stop here, this tangent's gone long enough
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Hyrule Historia is an excellent read if you haven't bought it yet. Got it as a birthday gift for Zap last year; he loves it. Interesting that the timeline's split into 3!

___

Because SSD forgot it's already(?!) November:

OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH!

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:06 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:

OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH!

Minako has the pringles curleh mustache? C'est la vie! :rofl:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Hey question, what is with the mustache(s)? Did I miss something?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:17 pm

I like your avatar, mechshiva. The border is a good fit.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Return to “Old Stickies”