WTF is your avatar and sig from?(h)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:21 pm

^Fascinating.

...What else could you expect me to say?
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:39 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Asuka is a real person.

Quoted, screenshot, and added to my sig. Now you can never insinuate anything negative about waifuism again.

No but seriously, I get what you mean but it's kind of derisive. People exist with Rei's traits just as people exist with Asuka's and Shinji's.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Quoted, screenshot, and added to my sig. Now you can never insinuate anything negative about waifuism again.

Sure I can. Context matters.

No but seriously, I get what you mean but it's kind of derisive. People exist with Rei's traits just as people exist with Asuka's and Shinji's.

I don't think people exist with fractured souls of billion-year-old progenitor entities, sorry. Rei is as unusual and unattainable as people get, there is no one like her.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I don't think people exist with fractured souls of billion-year-old progenitor entities, sorry. Rei is as unusual and unattainable as people get, there is no one like her.
This is completely true.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:59 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Sure I can. Context matters.

Nope, too late. You've sealed your fate. RIP.

I don't think people exist with fractured souls of billion-year-old progenitor entities, sorry.

Woosh.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:06 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Nope, too late. You've sealed your fate. RIP.

Not so. Also, Shinji's also a real person, as is most of the main cast. Suck it, bitch.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:22 pm

I think there are plenty of people like Rei in the world, specifically people with one of the disorders in the autism spectrum. Not saying Rei is an autist but her behavioral pattern is not really unattainable.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:56 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:March 1st is coming. You all know what that means...
March Mouthness AKA I.O. (Idols with Open mouths)  SPOILER: Show

The time is now.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:25 am

Nuke, the area around the mouth looks visibly lighter than the rest of the skin - and it's ugly. It's like Dr. Frankenstein decided to patch an open mouth onto your avatar. Darken the color to match.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 am

New user image. You really should show more gratitude for everything she does for you, baka Shinji! ;)

It references a particular ongoing gag in Homestuck.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:It's like Dr. Frankenstein decided to patch an open mouth onto your avatar.

Um, that's the point. You were here for it last year, right? These things are ugly as sin.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:54 am

Awesome Rei avatar, Lavinius, although I still associate you more Asuka, so it's kind of weird/awkward seeing you without her. It's like if Bagheera showed up the next day with a Rei avatar....It would creepy, unsettling, and all kinds of unnatural. It would also be very, very, very questionable.

:rei_meh:

BTW, I'm only half-joking with this post. Don't take it too seriously. Although I am dead serious about the part of Bags ever deciding to have a Rei avatar being unnatural....and unsettling.

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Quadhonk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:58 am

Changed it to my all time favorite character : Roy "Hell yeah motherf'ker" Mustang.

Less war, more mini-skirts.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm

^More FMA manga/anime, less mini-skirts.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:less mini-skirts.

Frickin' heathen. More miniskirts, Chuckman!

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 am

I decided to take a change from my idol-themed avatars and choose a comedian I like this time. Ariyoshi is not amused by your posts.

"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:36 am

Nic Cage's O-Face.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Alligator Yoona still looks lovely with her mouth gaping wide open.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm here to save my imouto!

SPOILER: Show

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:46 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:I'm here to save my imouto!

Is it Thursday yet.

SPOILER: Show

Return to “Old Stickies”