FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:42 pm

First exitus and Basic Life Support cycle with defib at work today.
Fresh corpses are pretty freaky.

got 12 hour shifts all over friday, saturday and sunday.
Slowly starting to veer away from a career in health in the future

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:26 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:You are obviously getting some benefit (subconsciously - perhaps positive transference) from therapy, otherwise you wouldn't keep going for such a prolonged period of time. Good luck with it.

Well admittedly the vast majority of those years I didn't have (much of) a choice. But yes they have helped in their own ways (my therapist in my mid teens helped defuse my relationship with my mother quite effectively). It's more the grand scheme of things. All these years later I still have the same questions, doubts, insecurities, etc that I've had since about 7th or 8th grade. The main progress on that front has been identifying the issues, but little of it has been solved. And these past few months I feel like I've effectively hit a wall where I'm not sure my therapist can help me anymore. I feel like what I need is someone who can convince me that my assessments and answers are wrong, because until that happens there's no where else for me to go, really.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Damage control! Damage control! DEFCON 3! Chris Brown has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

The rest of us bipolar folk need to hold a press conference letting the rest of the world know that the vast majority are in fact not violent woman-beating monsters. Bad enough we got to deal with Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen.

Bomby's romantic life in a nutshell:

*Bomby has just met a cute new girl at work, and is really getting along with her and having an enjoyable conversation*
Girl: I just moved here from Ohio, actually.
Bomby: What brings you to Wisconsin?
Girl: My fiancé got a job here.
Bomby's brain: of course
*the two of them continue to get along really well and she sticks by his side for a while and comes to find him to say random things throughout the rest of the shift*
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Bomby, I keep hearing this same story over and over again. How does this keep happening to you?!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:00 pm

I honestly have no idea. At all. It's almost kind of humorous at this point. I don't actually really care that much about this particular girl right now though, just kind of more of an "aww shucks" type reaction.

But the Chris Brown thing is really bothering me though. :impatient:
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:11 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:
But the Chris Brown thing is really bothering me though. :impatient:

Chris Brown doesn't need Bipolar disorder to be a cock. He just is.

Though there are the recurring questions if getting beat up is just simply what Rihanna is into during sex play, but personally that kinda thing is a bit extreme for me.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Chris Brown doesn't have Bipolar Disorder, he has Antisocial Personality Disorder (probably).
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:01 am

That moment when your life is put in perspective by someone you respect like family saying "I'm surprised you've never tried to run away" and the only answer you can think of is "Where would I run to?".

I can't go to a place with a decent amount of people without freaking out, I start to panic if another person touches me, I have no friends to speak of, I'm constantly being blamed for things I did not do, I have no one who'll believe what I say, and I keep getting told the stuff I make be it drawings or stories are total crap.

I hate my life, but what else is new?

Edit:You know I really can't complain though because their are people with much worse lives.
Last edited by heavytread on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:18 am

Water rationing (supposedly) starts tomorrow.

May God have mercy on our personal hygiene.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Been having issues with my desktop.

System locks up randomly and reboots giving me a "Hyper transport sync flood error has occurred" message after post has completed. Now this is an issue that has popped up from time to time but it seems to be getting worse... as it did it three times yesterday.

I've scoured the net and did as suggested (Bumped my NB speed up from 2000 MHz to 2200) in an attempt to fix the problem, but only time will tell if that does anything to help it. Worst case my motherboard is dying (And has been for awhile) If any of you guys have any trouble shooting suggestions that'd be awesome. This problem is really hard to nail down from what I've read and it can be a number of things causing it.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Continuing from my last post, yep my shoulder is in constant pain. Not really sure what that means, but as an RML add-on I managed to score some (non-prescribed) painkillers.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:08 am

Good. Fucking. God.

Pardon my French people, but these last few days have been getting worse and worse for me for both class AND work. The patients we have are UNBEARABLE, OVER-DEMANDING, AND ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!!! Every shift, I spend 8 FUCKING hours running back and forth between patients rooms helping them with EVERY LITTLE DETAIL THEY CAN THINK OF!

"I need to go to the bathroom." "Can you give me a shower?" "Are you busy? No? Then can you adjust the entire TV set?"

And when I finish barely with one patient, 2 MORE CALL!! I didn't even sit down or EAT AT ALL DURING THESE PAST SHIFTS!!! AND WHAT'S WORSE, WE'RE SUPPOSED TO CLOCK OUT AT 10PM, BUT I DON'T GET OUT UNTIL SOMETIME PAST MIDNIGHT CAUSE THEY WON'T LET UP AND WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LEAVE UNTIL THE "JOB" IS DONE AND THEY'RE ALL IN BED. :angry!!:

I'M TOO DANG EXHAUSTED AFTER EVERY SHIFT, THAT I CRASH INTO BED, THAT I WAKE UP JUST WHEN MY SHIFT STARTS AGAIN AND I HAVE TO START THE WHOLE DAMN THING AGAIN.

I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE THIS ANYMORE, AND IT'S ONLY BEEN 3 SHIFTS!! :explode:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 pm

That is one hell of an FML, man. Kinda makes me happy I'm not going towards that line of work.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time, Xander! :( If it's such a stress on your body and mind, can you look into a different line of work, or is that not an option right now?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:34 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:The patients we have are UNBEARABLE, OVER-DEMANDING, AND ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

Yea I've heard patients can be quite inconsiderate of the staff at medical places.

What's this about only being 3 shifts though? Haven't you worked there for a while or is this somewhere new? Might be time to take a day or two off if you can for relaxation?
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:20 am

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me. And sorry for venting like that yesterday, I was just REALLY tired and pissed. -o-;

And yes CJD, I've worked there for about 4 years now. It's just that these new patients together on this one hall I've been assigned to are EXTREMELY demanding and CONSTANT. They don't give you much time to work on anything else. As I said, when one of them calls and you help them, another one calls and you have to keep it up. Not to mention other duties you have to attend to, such as passing out waters, writing in therapy times, checking vitals, etc... It's really, really taxing. I just hope that they get better and the hall calms down a bit, cause this is the best job I can get before my nursing program starts this fall. :P

And thankfully, I do have a 3-day weekend coming up....unfortunately, I'm going to be needing to spend ALL that time working on a 5-page-Single-Spaced Sociology Paper due this Friday.

Fun. :irked:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:05 am

I came home from work last night to find that the likely lads that my next door neighbour had engaged to put up a fence around his front garden had put a spade through the phone cable that runs along the boundary. Twice.

So while we wait for BT to get their act together, we're offline at home, which makes my usual level of remote working infeasible, let alone any mere entertainment.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:17 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I came home from work last night to find that the likely lads that my next door neighbour had engaged to put up a fence around his front garden had put a spade through the phone cable that runs along the boundary. Twice.

So while we wait for BT to get their act together, we're offline at home, which makes my usual level of remote working infeasible, let alone any mere entertainment.

Damn, that's pretty sucky. I would suggest putting a shovel through them twice, but...actually, yeah, just put a shovel through them.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I came home from work last night to find that the likely lads that my next door neighbour had engaged to put up a fence around his front garden had put a spade through the phone cable that runs along the boundary. Twice.
Are the cables not sheathed, in your area? I recall when we were putting in our sprinkler system, we hit a fairly chunky cable wrapped in steel meshing. I can only assume that was the copper for the phone/internet.

Just be glad they didn't hit an electrical mains (if you have buried mains).
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:28 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Just be glad they didn't hit an electrical mains (if you have buried mains).

Dunno. Darwin award for dumbass diggers that don't pay attention. Seems fair.

As an aside, what 120kv will do to a gobshite who digs into it is a thing to see.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”