FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Pansies. That's normal time for class to begin here too.

Also late for school but not running with a toaster in your mouth!?

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Mine started at 7 on most days. I would have been delighted if they had been at 8.

P.S.: in high school, they always started at 7.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:25 pm

I miss having a tighter schedule.
I'm currently in that awkward phase inbetween high school and university where I'm doing nothing until I have my emergency medic training in January where I don't have anything and I often find myself sleeping from 3AM to 2PM, pissing the day away and feeling terrible all day.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm in school from 8 am to 8:30 pm, get on my level.
Do any of you even sleep in your libraries?

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:02 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Also late for school but not running with a toaster in your mouth!?
Well, not a toaster. That would be too heavy and...zappy. I did, however, run to school with a toasted roll in my mouth, though.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Well, my mum's back in the hospital after some unforseen complications. Hopefully she'll be out soon, because if I spend much longer with my dad I am going to kill him.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:37 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Pansies. That's normal time for class to begin here too.

No shit. I start work at 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. these days. Cry me a river, bitches.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:57 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Cry me a river, bitches.

:wonders whether or not Bagheera should be using that word so casually, in light of previously expressed preferences:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Oh god, here comes the thread pile-up...
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:33 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote::wonders whether or not Bagheera should be using that word so casually, in light of previously expressed preferences:

I'm comfortable with it since I'm not referring to females there.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:38 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Well, my mum's back in the hospital after some unforseen complications. Hopefully she'll be out soon, because if I spend much longer with my dad I am going to kill him.

Oh dear. Is it bad?

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I'm comfortable with it since I'm not referring to females there.

Oy that's a double standard m8. Ye best be treatin' everyone equally.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:47 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Oy that's a double standard m8. Ye best be treatin' everyone equally.

I am, that's the point. Using it to refer to women alone is lame and degrading, but using it to talk smack to everyone is okay. Though I've been fussy about the definition in the past so I can see why Reichu would be confused at my casual usage of it here. All I can say is context matters.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:47 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Well, my mum's back in the hospital after some unforseen complications. Hopefully she'll be out soon, because if I spend much longer with my dad I am going to kill him.
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that, Squiggy. Please, keep us updated, if you're alright with it.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I'm comfortable with it since I'm not referring to females there.
Woof.

Noah
Embryo

Postby Noah » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:40 pm

A little while ago I got a new Mac and for some reason formatted it as case-sensitive. I migrated my data my Time Capsule and everything was back to usual. Then I tried to launch Photoshop but it didn't respond. So I deleted it. And I put off reinstalling for a long time. When I did try reinstall, I told me it didn't support case-sensitive file systems. This blew my pants off because WTF. I've never heard of such a problem.

Apparently Creative Suite and Steam are the only two apps that have this problem that I'm aware of. So I went and reformatted my Mac and restored from the Time Capsule again. Everything was 100% back to normal. Then I thought, "oh yeah, I should actually install Photoshop".

Turns out when I restored from the Time Capsule it formatted back to case sensitive. Shit. I bought some software that advertised it could convert things back to case INsensitive, but it had about 9 pages of documentation and none of them talked about this feature. Then I figured I could just reformat again, then use Migration Assistant instead of restoring.

This worked. Except I immediately noticed that all my settings were lost, my Downloads folder was empty, my iPhoto Library was gone, and only 25% of my Documents folder was there.

Apparently Migration Assistant found two IRC log files named "Chanserv.txt" and "ChanServ.txt". This boggled it's mind somehow and it migrated Chanserv.txt alone, and instead of moving on, it just decided it was done migrating anything and told me it was finished. The same thing happened in Application Support where it found Rapidweaver and RapidWeaver folders.

So even though I got up fairly early today to work on a pretty important project, I spent the whole day manually moving files back into place. I think I have most of the important stuff now, but most of my settings back to default. I'll probably keep finding problems for the rest of the week. On the plus side, I have a lot more disk space and I'm sure it's flushed out some glitchy old stuff anyway.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:13 am

"Two men enter, one man leaves. . ."

But seriously, I hope your mom gets better soon. I know how much unexpected medical problems can suck. :(
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:55 am

So, the water's out for my apartment complex. They've been fixing the pumps, but they thought it was a good idea to turn it off at 9:00, this morning. It won't be back on until 13:00. That means I'm living the true college lifestyle - no bathing.

I have two options, don't bathe, or bath in isopropanol.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

I feel like I've hit rock bottom... not just because of unrequited love, though that is a nice layer of Santorum icing on this shitcake. It kind of feels like there's nowhere to go and nothing exciting to look forward to in any facet of my life.

Although funny enough typing those two sentences somehow felt really good. But still, shite job, shite health insurance, shite social life, etc.

Whatever, next week I don't have many hours so I'm burying myself in making music. I know there's more important work that needs to be done but the time has come.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 am

Do you suffer from depression at all, Bomby? I know that makes me susceptible to downs where everything is shit (one South Park episode captured this feeling very well...) and any kind of optimism is impossible. It's a storm of chemicals in the brain and, like a meteorological storm, has to be waited out. Eventually it subsides enough that taking action to improve things a little becomes possible.

I really shouldn't be posting anything remotely resembling advice in this thread, being the numero uno fuckup that I am. :hahaha: So take all of that with a particle of quartz.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:47 am

Decryption in the PS3 version of Mass Effect is absolute bullshit. Why did they make it any different from the PC version?
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:03 am

Sure, my PC is safe and I keep it that way, but as a technician I was sick to the stomach and furious about hearing what Cryptolocker could possibly do to ruin a lot of people's lives.

The ransomware encrypts almost everything as soon as a hapless emailer clicks on the attachment from a purportedly official-looking email, and they ask for a hundred dollars to save your data.

This may be the worst in my entire career where if I am called in to fix an infected PC, I have no choice except to say that either you'll have to pay the assholes responsible for it or ask if they made backups and I'll have to nuke the hard drive.

Whoever is behind this (and the digital mobsters will be walking away with billions, never to be seen again with false identities and offshore bank accounts), I never seen anything like this extreme in terms of cold amorality and avarice.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”