If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:As of yesterday, it's been a year since I've been living my boyfriend.
CONGLATURATION!

I hope cake and champagne were involved.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:52 am

New Sailor Moon anime is coming in July 2014! :D

It's gonna be closer to the manga, now we need the original voices for the Senshi, Tux, and kitties, and we've got a perfect anime. :heart:

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:14 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote: My feelings for her are the same, but it would be foolish for me to think I could turn that situation around....
I'm going to at least be working on art. Writing, music, filmmaking - whatever I'm inspired to do. I'm going to read more books instead of moping around. I'm going to eat better food and exercise regularly, and finally put some damn weight on my tiny frame.

2013 was the worst year of my life, bar none. Nothing happened. Obviously the turning of the year isn't going to magically change everything, but perhaps that symbolic change can be the inspiration for growth... eventually meet someone else. Hopefully by that time I'll be a more attractive person.

I'm sorta new to these forums, and I don't really feel like it's my place to talk to others about personal stuff, BUT I've been checking up on the off-topic section daily, so it bums me out when others here are seriously bummed out too...I've gone through a lot of junk with girls in the past too. I don't like giving examples about bogus situations I've gone through because everyone's different, so I'll just say that, like, 3 years of my life were spent hating myself for not being with whatever girl I really dug at the time. I couldn't sleep, bored my few friends to death pining over them, etc.
And there were times when I met really rad girls, but I was so bummed out about other girls that I didn't try to start a new relationship that might have worked out well for me. So, basically what I'm trying to say is just go forward.
Reading and writing are great to kill time, and doing them make you feel better about yourself. A lot of writers write because they have no one else to talk to but the people who will one day read their work. Writing and reading hard to do, and they're lonely acts, but at the end of the day writing a story or journaling or finishing a book just make you feel good about yourself(at least for me and the people I talk to).
Even though the end of the year doesn't really mean anything, I've found myself cursing the past year as well.
And my frame is tiny too, bro. When I wear a big coat I look like a bean bag chair with stick legs. Oh well. ^_^
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:26 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:As of yesterday, it's been a year since I've been living my boyfriend.

Congratulations, SSD. :clap:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:33 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:As of yesterday, it's been a year since I've been living my boyfriend. :yui_grin:

Congratulations, SSD! :D

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:35 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:As of yesterday, it's been a year since I've been living my boyfriend. :yui_grin: And Eva 3.0's in theaters tomorrow. Can't wait to see it on the big screen!

:clap: Finally!

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:As of yesterday, it's been a year since I've been living my boyfriend. :yui_grin: And Eva 3.0's in theaters tomorrow. Can't wait to see it on the big screen!

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:51 pm

It feels good to be back on campus.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:21 am

Thanks, all. :redface: Zap and I are happy.

For anybody interested, I wrote up some thoughts on the 3.0 dub screening here.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:23 am

It's been a productive day doing things that amount to nothing. I got my tuition paid and I got Ubuntu to run on my Nexus 7 (not Ubuntu Touch, but a proper Ubuntu Desktop Installation for ARMv7). I then spent the next four hours reverse engineering Katawa Shoujo to run on it. It runs really well, too. The downside is that there is no sound and no cutscenes, just skipping over the latter without any input. It's quite the hack, but it works (also no license violations!).

I need a hobby.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:37 am

New laptop, first smartphone, new game system; all within a span of three days. All this new tech to play with and I'm mostly sitting here going

I haven't even booted up my laptop yet, mostly because I'm not looking forward to properly porting all my files and settings (aka my life for the past two years) from my previous laptop. It'll have to be done within the next couple of weeks though....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:09 am

Applied for a Job last Friday (4th).
Got called on Monday for a Tuesday Afternoon interview.
Arrived expecting to stay 20 minutes, which ballooned to an hour and a half.

Another position I applied for before that called me on the Wednesday, offering me an interview next Monday. For a position related to something else I did - while at the same time I was familiar with the company from that position I had back in 2008, when they were a vendor to the company I was with. Which meant I'd met the person on the phone....

And finally, I've another one up in Lurgan, on the 17th.

So, that makes a Grand total of Three interviews in the space of a month.

Which makes a surprising turnaround from 'The place I was interning at closed down due to economy'
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 am

Applied for an internship on a special needs school a whole couple of months ago, almost forgot about it and after tons and tons of denials from other schools, I finally got the opportunity to be a student teacher. (Luckily I'm not an English teacher :wink: )
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Start my first non-internship actual-job-thing on Monday. Took most of yesterday to get down here, actually moved in today. I'm kind of freaking out with the whole "completely independent", making new friends and "not being too lazy to cook" thing. I also don't have a car at present, so I'm worried about coming off as strange needing to bum rides off of people. Finally, there's a Tornado Warning. Bring it on.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:04 am

Got an idea for a custom t-shirt: printed on will be 3DPD AND PROUD OF IT.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Got an idea for a custom t-shirt: printed on will be 3DPD AND PROUD OF IT.

Absolutely disgusting. :yuck:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:26 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Absolutely disgusting. :yuck:

Better than being looked down by the world. Actually, I've distanced myself away from anime and -- in certain areas where I disagree -- its fandom.
Last edited by soul.assassin on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:43 am

Which is why you're here, of course!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:46 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Which is why you're here, of course!

I have no problem with you folk here, and I finally made my peace as Eva still has relevancy to me, but the anime fandom elsewhere tend to be narrowminded and fight over even the most trivial of issues; it was as if the opinions of a clique would be heard across the ocean, only to be ignored at the Japanese doorstep.

Instead, I found that I was better off and comfortable appreciating real young women who aren't necessarily celebrities but normal.

More precisely,
SPOILER: Show

This.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:00 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:I have no problem with you folk here, and I finally made my peace as Eva still has relevancy to me, but the anime fandom elsewhere tend to be narrowminded and fight over even the most trivial of issues.

It's a mystery to me how there can be something as an "anime fandom", since anime is just a label for certain types of animated movies/series and varies extremely from genre to genre and even from work to work. Same is with video-games.

But yes, as always when a huge amount of people praises something, most of them are incredibly ... let's call it puerile.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”