What do The Eva Monkey and Zugzwang have in common?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:04 am

SEELE 08 wrote:I've not been banned yet...though sometimes I've cut it close but only on AN and those mods don't know what ugly is, and most of them are on a power trip anyways.

You should try Gamewinners :roll:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Takumi Fujiwara
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi Fujiwara » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:28 am

SEELE 08 wrote:I've not been banned yet...though sometimes I've cut it close but only on AN and those mods don't know what ugly is, and most of them are on a power trip anyways.

[gendou]Correct[/gendou]

I only limped back there to let EM know about my inability to log into his forum and to say hi to some fellow NGE fans. I GTFO of there soon afterwards.

Btw, thanks to EM for fixing me up.
PROJECT D
The AE-86 is on the Road, All's right with the world.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:05 am

Takumi Fujiwara wrote:Btw, thanks to EM for fixing me up.

No problemo.

Yeah, I've always wanted this place to be relaxed as possible. I'm really glad to see that people around here feel like a community.

Some very basic rules is all you really need. No need to go overboard and squash members like bugs at every little opportunity.

It's probably a good thing I got banned from ANF, that place is bound to crack down on the Eva forum sooner or later. I suspect they'll purge all the old threads in the Eva forum, and then all the hardcore Eva fans will become dissalusioned and leave. And then the Eva forum will become noob central. And then a gut laugh will be exuded from deep within my soul.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:27 am

The Eva Monkey wrote: And then the Eva forum will become noob central. And then a gut laugh will be exuded from deep within my soul.

That is somewhat of a worrying prospect for the older members :shock: . Lets just hope they now how to use the search function :D
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:52 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:
Ripple_in_Eternity wrote:Sorry, I tend to go on, it was all meant to be on the positive note, infact... dangit, its happpening again. (stopping self now)

I was referring to the statement on the end.

...those many, many mysteries Anno left us.

Every once in a while someone slips the impression that Anno is some kind of ancient deity no longer residing in mundane times. Meanwhile, he reclines and deploys a silent killer.

He lies dead but dreaming in Dread Ry'leh beneath the waves, yet He shall rise and His kingdom shall cover the Earth!

I'a! I'a Anno! I'a!
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:12 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Yeah, I've always wanted this place to be relaxed as possible. I'm really glad to see that people around here feel like a community.

Thats one of the things that drawn me to this place, it was really easy to post here and join in with the discussions and no one would flame or launch attacks for little or no knowledge. One of the problems I have when joining a message board is getting into discussions due to my very shy nature, here it was really easy to just get into it.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:13 pm

I think this is the only forum on the internet to escape the clutches of e-drama.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:16 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:It's probably a good thing I got banned from ANF, that place is bound to crack down on the Eva forum sooner or later. I suspect they'll purge all the old threads in the Eva forum

I've long been afraid of that. When they started fucking around with the forums (the Studio Specific crap), I got really paranoid, and Mr. Tines actually sat down and did back-ups for every last thread.

and then all the hardcore Eva fans will become dissalusioned and leave. And then the Eva forum will become noob central.

Without its rich history, what is the ANF Eva forum but an empty husk?

And then a gut laugh will be exuded from deep within my soul.

At whose expense -- ours (Reichu-tachi's), or AN's?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:11 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I think this is the only forum on the internet to escape the clutches of e-drama.

All Hail EM (aaron) for making a safe haven *bows*

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:07 am

jcmoorehead wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:Yeah, I've always wanted this place to be relaxed as possible. I'm really glad to see that people around here feel like a community.

Thats one of the things that drawn me to this place, it was really easy to post here and join in with the discussions and no one would flame or launch attacks for little or no knowledge. One of the problems I have when joining a message board is getting into discussions due to my very shy nature, here it was really easy to just get into it.

Agreed. When I came here and started to share/improvise theories, I was damn afraid of being shouted at, like "WTF?! Fuck off n00b, you're too small for this." or "Do you have XY (extra stuff) or read YZ (written extra stuff)? If not, fuck off, plz." But fortunately, I found people of great tolerance towards beginners like I was/I am. It is good to belong somewhere. Especially where you can share your mindbogglingly stupid and/or complex theories... :D :wink:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:19 am

I'm an internet virgin, apparently. I've never been to this "Anime Nation Forum" or whatever the hell it is. Nor do I plan on it... Especially since it sounds like they're pseudo-nazis about things.

I've never been banned from a forum. I may have cut it close a few times (I once was a mod on a gaming forum but lost my position after the tournament I was suppose to host for a dead game under the label of the forum didn't happen and talked shit about the re-incarnation of the game... In the end, the re-incarnation was cancelled two days ago and I get to laugh my ass off about it.) Also, on that forum I lost my modship on, I was in trouble since I got into a flame war/argument with a kid and asked him a "personal question" that I wasn't suppose to because I thought he was over 18, just to help further a point I was trying to make (he claimed I was bastardizing and soiling the English language by using the word "stale" when describing the environment of unmentioned game as above. I wanted to get him to use a word that has had its meaning changed thanks to the degredation of the English language, which he did. In the end, I threatened to sue the site since they published slanderous remarks about me... Aww, I love the law.)

Here? I doubt I'm liked at all... I'm so far out of the loop of the mysteries about Evangelion that I just come here to semi-learn, while chat about random things, especially my love for Evangelion. It's relatively relaxed here, though I don't know if I've skirted the line of being banned or not.

As many people have said before, good riddence to bad rubbish. You're better off not being there.

defiate
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby defiate » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:02 pm

wow this thread is like "forum-banned anonymous"
on that note i was actually expelled from secondary (junior high + high school) back in hong kong for posting an essay on freedom of speech on the school forums because the moderator was being a total jackass by getting people suspended for stuff they said on their xanga blog sites (e.g. one student got suspended for a week for saying he smoked after school, another got a weekend detention for saying "fuck" in his posts). ironically after i was forced to withdraw (basically expelled) the principal invited me to breakfast and asked me not to sue.

but really, when i stumbled upon evamonkey forums a year and a half back, i really took a liking to the semi-family atmosphere here... it really reminds me of a small town- everyone kinda knows everyone else and we all get along well. the world seems small here.

EvaMonkey- never shut this place down okay? :wink:

Yamcha wrote:Here? I doubt I'm liked at all...

I doubt anyone gets the "hated" status here, so never feel unwelcome!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:59 am

defiate wrote:
but really, when i stumbled upon evamonkey forums a year and a half back, i really took a liking to the semi-family atmosphere here... it really reminds me of a small town- everyone kinda knows everyone else and we all get along well. the world seems small here.

1. It is a small community of anime lovers, well made up of mainly eva lovers.

2. I agree, dont ever shut this place down

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:55 am

1)who a, either grew up togerther and now have a common place to chat cuz they don't liv on the same continent anymore....

2)b, didn't know eachother for crap but thanks to teh wonderious Monkey, now do.
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:34 am

defiate wrote:but really, when i stumbled upon evamonkey forums a year and a half back, i really took a liking to the semi-family atmosphere here... it really reminds me of a small town- everyone kinda knows everyone else and we all get along well. the world seems small here.

Yamcha wrote:Here? I doubt I'm liked at all...

I doubt anyone gets the "hated" status here, so never feel unwelcome!

Agreed! Damn agreed! :D :wink:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:38 am

Titus wrote:1)who a, either grew up togerther and now have a common place to chat cuz they don't liv on the same continent anymore....

2)b, didn't know eachother for crap but thanks to teh wonderious Monkey, now do.

mmmm..... I wonder who the first one could be aimed at :wink:

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”