[News] 2013 News (NO POLITICS)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue May 21, 2013 1:06 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:[s]You should watch Twister in anticipation![/s] Edit: Welp, I just checked Yahoo! and the death toll is up to 50. Now I feel bad.

Make it 91. I hope you'll be fine, Monk.

On unrelated news, my mother's motherland wants to build a nuclear central by 2025, such a bad idea on several levels...
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue May 21, 2013 1:26 am

Well, that was uneventful. -o-; As usual + thank goodness. The rain's already stopped and everything, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting anything more tonight.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 am

That's good to hear, Monk! Your title fits nicely in this situation. :lol:

I hope the relief efforts in Oklahoma begin swiftly.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue May 21, 2013 2:07 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:That's good to hear, Monk! Your title fits nicely in this situation. :lol:

It's nighttime. :|

SPOILER: Show

:rimshot:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue May 21, 2013 2:26 am

And in lighter news, British culinary aspirations are still as low as ever.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 pm

The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 pm

It's things like this that give me an urge to switch from physics to applied sciences....
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue May 21, 2013 5:56 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:It's things like this that give me an urge to switch from physics to applied sciences....

You're taking programming courses but majoring in physics?
System Administrator

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 pm

XBOX 1 announced. Looks like a PC. Didn't see any of the hardware innovations of the PS4. And no backwards compatibility, even for the games you bought on XBOX Live. Wasn't expecting PS4 to show this strong this soon.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:21 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:You're taking programming courses but majoring in physics?

Well, programming is useful for most sciences anyway, since there's a lot of simulation involved. I was once more certain of my choice in physics, but recent experiences have shifted my interest towards computer science and engineering. I'm still entering college as a physics major, but I'll probably end up switching once I've taken a few courses and covered some of my bases.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Have we Jumped the Shark yet? B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri May 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Wisconsin: Don't sell the "beverage-that-shall-not-be-named". After all, naming it might just poison you. BP
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 pm

"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Tue May 28, 2013 9:48 pm

The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Dirty Mick
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Dirty Mick » Wed May 29, 2013 1:52 am

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 am

Hemp is an all-round excellent crop for high quality plant fibre that just happened to fall foul of anti-ganja legislation about a hundred years ago.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BlackTemplar
Embryo

Postby BlackTemplar » Wed May 29, 2013 7:08 pm

And friend of mine used to make a jacket out of hemp, smelt like shisha mixed with an incense candle on
Hardcore eva fan!

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Hemp is an all-round excellent crop for high quality plant fibre that just happened to fall foul of anti-ganja legislation about a hundred years ago.

No thanks to corporate, greedy, cotton-loving douchebags like William Hearst and Henry J. Anslinger who was head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics at the time, they were the ones who had it illegalized in the US despite the fact that some of America's founding fathers grew and supported hemp. I dont know how it was made illegal for you Europeans though.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed May 29, 2013 11:00 pm

The legalization issue may warrant a thread of its own (there was a thread about it somewhere here, though).

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Researchers may have found a clue on what happened to Amelia Earhart.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri May 31, 2013 2:35 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Researchers may have found a clue on what happened to Amelia Earhart.

Bullshit. We all know Earhart was abducted by aliens from the Delta Quadrant.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”