Official Welcome Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Lance of LoL » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:45 am

@xanderkh: You adopted insanity. I was born in it, raised in it. I didn't see Eva on DVD until I was a man.

And if you get that reference I applaud your ability to discern my boundless Sea of Dirac stupidity.

Nice meeting you, thanks for the welcome. ;)
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 am

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:@xanderkh: You adopted insanity. I was born in it, raised in it. I didn't see Eva on DVD until I was a man.

And if you get that reference I applaud your ability to discern my boundless Sea of Dirac stupidity.

Nice meeting you, thanks for the welcome. ;)

Good use of that The Dark Knight Rises reference. Nice to meet you, too!
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 am

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Right, fuck that. Lance here, nice to meet you my fellow Eva-Geeks. I shall now retreat to the RP section to plan my assault on HQ.

I am amused you chose Saber and not one of the Lancers as your avatar *is shot* XD Seriously though, good to know you enjoy Fate.

I will most assuredly see you around the RP section!
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Lance of LoL » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 am

I love you people already. :D
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 am

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:I love you people already. :D

:glomp:

Aw shucks, twert nothing. :toothy:

But if you love us that quickly, wait til you meet the other members. So, enjoy that feeling while you can. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:20 am

Wow there has been a lot of new people signing up lately.

Hello to everyone I might have missed the past few days. I hope you enjoy your stay!
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Semi-Evolved
Embryo

Postby Semi-Evolved » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:52 am

Hi all,

I"m a long time lurker, figured it was time to register an account and dive into some discussions.

BastianDansk
Embryo

Postby BastianDansk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 am

I first meet EVA in 2006 :DD

I know EVAGEEKS from 2009 but i never registered. Well, actually, in 2010 i registered but forgot the password of the e-mail xD Almost everyday i'm (shuffling) seeing this page, seeing the threads and all, but now i want to get into discussions >:D

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:24 pm

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:I love you people already. :D

Marry me.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Practice
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Practice » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I just watched the series, EoE and the rebuild films this past week, so I'm still scrambling to get my brain back together.

This is the first anime I've seen (unless you want to count DBZ o_O) and it impacted me greatly, particularly since I've been suffering through depression for quite some time now. I've been reading some of the threads for the past few days so I figured I might as well join in on the discussion, at least until I can get Eva out of my head :think:

Also I'm going to marry Rei so the rest of you can fight over Asuka ;)

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby EvaBrothers » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 pm

View Original PostPractice wrote:This is the first anime I've seen (unless you want to count DBZ o_O) and it impacted me greatly, particularly since I've been suffering through depression for quite some time now.

Welcome to EGF, Practice! ^_^

Depression is an ugly beast. Been there, still dealing with the 'aftereffects'. Evangelion can help. ^^ That anime is filled with good messages.

So... hope you enjoy it here. Have fun! :w00:
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Practice
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Practice » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:27 pm

View Original PostEvaBrothers wrote:Welcome to EGF, Practice! ^_^

Depression is an ugly beast. Been there, still dealing with the 'aftereffects'. Evangelion can help. ^^ That anime is filled with good messages.

So... hope you enjoy it here. Have fun! :w00:

Thanks :] Yeah I think I'm going to sit down and eventually write a post on how it impacted me and somewhat of an analysis from my perspective.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:16 pm

View Original PostPractice wrote:Hi everyone,

I just watched the series, EoE and the rebuild films this past week, so I'm still scrambling to get my brain back together.

This is the first anime I've seen (unless you want to count DBZ o_O) and it impacted me greatly, particularly since I've been suffering through depression for quite some time now. I've been reading some of the threads for the past few days so I figured I might as well join in on the discussion, at least until I can get Eva out of my head :think:

Also I'm going to marry Rei so the rest of you can fight over Asuka ;)

Practice?! We talkin' about practice?!

I don't know if you'll get the Allen Iverson reference there, but I just couldn't help it. Anyway, welcome to the forums. You'll feel right at home here.

Also, we might have to fight over Rei in the future.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Practice
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Practice » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:Practice?! We talkin' about practice?!

I don't know if you'll get the Allen Iverson reference there, but I just couldn't help it. Anyway, welcome to the forums. You'll feel right at home here.

NOT THE GAME?

Not exactly where my nick comes from but yeah ;P And thanks

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:Also, we might have to fight over Rei in the future.

Nope. :nono:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Welcome to the forum. If you're looking forward to getting into anime beyond Eva I recommend starting with Boku no Pico. It's short series, only three episodes, and already something of a modern classic.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:38 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Welcome to the forum. If you're looking forward to getting into anime beyond Eva I recommend starting with Boku no Pico. It's short series, only three episodes, and already something of a modern classic.

Very fitting first impression of the community, or of some of it's members at least. You probably already know this Practice, but you shouldn't watch Boku no Pico. And welcome to the forums, we hope you enjoy your stay.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Boku no Pico is a fantastic gateway anime to other series, there's no doubting its impact on the industry. Practice, to fully understand the basic fundamental principles of Evangelion you must watch Boku no Pico.
Also welcome to the forum budd.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Also, here are three series to avoid at all costs:
Elfen Lied
Bible Black
Ubel Blatt

All are /d/ and /gif/ levels of pointless tits and gore with shit plot.

Since you liked Eva, you may like Gurren Lagann. It was created as a "response" of sorts to Eva. Cowboy Bebop also is usually seen as Eva-tier in quality. Since i don't know your tastes, i can't recommend any more.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Welcome practice! Depression is a very ugly thing to deal with. I've been there and I am still dealing with it at times. Evangelion certainly helped.

Enjoy your stay!
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

An Anemic Turtle
Embryo

Postby An Anemic Turtle » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Hey. I've been lurking for a while and decided to join (which is a complement since this is the only forum I've ever registered on). I've been a fan of Eva for just over 2 years now and my interest in it hasn't waned since - which is testament to how highly I regard the series. I tend to lose interest in other anime on repeated viewings.

So yeah. This seems like a nice little community you've got here.

Return to “Old Stickies”