Official Welcome Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 am

Welcome, Ace! I'm glad to see that you're eager to start posting! As for welcomes, there's a designated thread here.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 am

Hola! :rofl:

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 am

Hey all!

I was introduced to Eva several years back and found this forum after watching EOE for the first time in attempting to figure out what the hell went on in 26'. Been lurking ever since but figured I'd finally join because hell, this is the most exciting time to be a fan.

Trying hard to be spoiler free for Q, but i ended up listening to the first 20 minutes of the audio rip and then stopped. So I whet my plot appetite for now.

Cheers!
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 am

Welcome to the forum Guy!
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Yuna
Embryo

Postby Yuna » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 am

Hi everyone!

I could've sworn I had registered an account here a long time ago, but I guess it was at the other (now defunct) Eva forum. I recognized a lot of the usernames that were registered in 2004, though. (Shows my age, doesn't it?) lol.

Anyway, long time Eva fan here. I just recently watched both Rebuild movies 1.0 and 2.0. Can't wait for 3.0 to come over to the States.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 am

View Original PostYuna wrote:I could've sworn I had registered an account here a long time ago, but I guess it was at the other (now defunct) Eva forum.

If you didn't post it's possible that it got purged. It's the same forum (used to be Eva Monkey Forums).

DuncanR
Embryo

Postby DuncanR » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Greetings, all. I am a newcomer. Ergo, I am posting here. Can't argue with that.

I knew next to nothing about this whole "Evan-jelly-on" thing, up until a couple weeks ago when my friend made me sit down and watch the whole series. I've been hooked ever since. I also enjoy writing/editing/reviewing, so it wasn't long before I wrote an Eva fanfic about it. It was mostly for giggles, but my friend liked it enough that he demanded I post it here. He might have threatened me with physical violence. It's all still kind of fuzzy.

I'll be hitting the fanfic forum next, and probably won't poke my nose out of it very often. And yes: if you ask nicely, I will read your fanfic and give you an honest opinion. No, I won't be mean about it. I'm actually disgustingly polite.

Lurkis
Lilith

Postby Lurkis » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 pm

View Original PostDuncanR wrote:I'll be hitting the fanfic forum next, and probably won't poke my nose out of it very often. And yes: if you ask nicely, I will read your fanfic and give you an honest opinion. No, I won't be mean about it. I'm actually disgustingly polite.

I very much look forward to reading it again!~ And welcome DuncanR :3

Individuo
Embryo

Postby Individuo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi, I've just registered to add a reference in the wiki.
Hello and hopefully we'll get along and all that.

WithinBloom
Embryo

Postby WithinBloom » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:17 am

Hello. Recently got back into anime and decided it would be a good idea to start with something well known and acclaimed.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Really, I didn't. But I'm glad I did.
"I demand one million helicopters and one dollar." - Kei Ayanami, Nobody Dies

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 am

View Original PostWithinBloom wrote:Hello. Recently got back into anime and decided it would be a good idea to start with something well known and acclaimed.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Really, I didn't. But I'm glad I did.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

alexprevity
Embryo

Postby alexprevity » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:45 am

Hey you guys! Just finished EoE last night, which would make me up to date on everything Evangelion so far (save for narrowly avoiding Q spoilers). I hope to pick some brains here and learn a bit more about some theories as well as the technical processes of the creation of the series.

:rei_dance:

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Welcome, WithinBloom! You definitely did choose a great place to start your new foray into the world of anime!

And welcome, alexprevity! Does this mean that you watched the Rebuild movies before End of Evangelion?
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

alexprevity
Embryo

Postby alexprevity » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:08 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:And welcome, alexprevity! Does this mean that you watched the Rebuild movies before End of Evangelion?

Yeah! I watched 1.11 and 2.22, then NGE Renewal, then the Director's Cut of episodes 20-24, then EoE. Everyone has always told me to watch NGE, but I never really got the chance to delve into it (my impression was that it was a typical ho-hum space mecha anime). I finally got around to watch 1.11, and I was hooked ever since!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:36 pm

View Original Postalexprevity wrote:Yeah! I watched 1.11 and 2.22, then NGE Renewal, then the Director's Cut of episodes 20-24, then EoE. Everyone has always told me to watch NGE, but I never really got the chance to delve into it (my impression was that it was a typical ho-hum space mecha anime). I finally got around to watch 1.11, and I was hooked ever since!

I see. While my friend was trying to convince me to watch NGE last summer I was skeptical because I'd heard it was overrated, but I'm glad I eventually caved. I watched the whole series in a week and the movies soon after that, and a year later I found my way here! It's great that you found a place like EGF so quickly, and I hope you enjoy your stay here!
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

alexprevity
Embryo

Postby alexprevity » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:It's great that you found a place like EGF so quickly, and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

I will! I've been racking my brain over the wiki for countless hours.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Been offline for a few years, though I never stopped checking the site. Glad to be back. Hope all is well with everyone still here.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Rj123541 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Well welcome back, And also a late welcome to all the people I missed.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:10 pm

View Original PostRj123541 wrote: And also a late welcome to all the people I missed

and will later terminate.

Gendopose
Embryo

Postby Gendopose » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Hello all. I've been a long time lurker here, and I've been an NGE fan since my high school days. and I thought I'd finally sign up and start posting here.

Return to “Old Stickies”