General RML Thread [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 am

I finished my art assignment today. (Well, yesterday)
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 am

Just found out that Sono's Himizu will be screened at this year's Helsinki International Film Festival. :w00: On top of that, there's A Letter to Momo, I Wish and a bunch of other intriguing titles.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:39 am

Came from a wota meet downtown. Scored Aamin for a song, but kept in mind I'll have to get Karen the next time.

Maybe it's just one, but it's the beginning.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:31 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote: I'll have to get Karen the next time.

I like the way you're thinking.

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Maybe it's just one, but it's the beginning.

Once you begin collecting the CD releases there's no way you can run away from the piles of photos that come along with them. I had to get a folder for the photos since I don't dare to throw them away either.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:22 am

The club leader I talked to by the time I came home, me telling him what I actually bought, well, he would like to have the pic replaced by the girl who sold it to me (apparently she misheard me saying Aamin, not Karen, and I haven't recognized Aamin's kanji, so phonetically their nicknames sound similar), but I said I don't want to (it'll be a waste of time if I did), I'd rather keep Aamin as part of an underdog adoption program.

------------
RML: Kenshin live-action (never mind if it's a bit iffy, less action more talk, but am interested in watching) now licensed for distribution in my country, so all we do is to wait.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I don't know if this would count as RML but i think it's kind of appropiate. Anyway, these recent i've been getting kind of nostalgic, and i've been thinking that i want to study Aikido again. Also, i used to take Aikido classes around one year ago, never got very far nor were too good, i guess i lacked focus and determination, eventually i got just too insecure, hateful, miserable and deppressed as to keep on, and eventually just left. I think i took something like... Five classes? At the very least. I don't know if i would end up just leaving again, but i still want to try again.

Now, the only problem is, that i'm way too shy and socially anxious/akward for it :ehh:
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 pm

In my genetics lab, we were supposed to dye the polytene chromosomes in the salivary glands of Drosophila virilis and get a good view of them under a microscope. I was one of two people in my class of twenty-three to succeed, and my specimen's cells had their membranes still intact. The professor took my slide, so that other classes could see it if nobody in them succeeded.

I've worked with dyed cells under microscopes before, but this was my first time doing this particular procedure. And the result was flawless. I felt like a pro.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 am

Hell yeah! If I manage to get tickets for everything I've planned, I'm going to see lots of interesting films in this year's Helsinki International Film Festival:

- Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
- Goro Miyazaki's From Up on Poppy Hill
- Sion Sono's Himizu
- Naoko Ogigami's Rent-a-Cat
- Hiroyuki Okiura's A Letter to Momo
- Hirokazu Koreeda's I Wish
- Takashi Miike's Ace Attorney

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 am

View Original PostOz wrote:Hell yeah! If I manage to get tickets for everything I've planned, I'm going to see lots of interesting films in this year's Helsinki International Film Festival:

Does the festival only screen Japanese films, or is your selection indicative of how aggressively insular your own personal biases have become?
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Does the festival only screen Japanese films, or is your selection indicative of how aggressively insular your own personal biases have become?

HIFF always has its share of Asian films - there's a section called "Asian Cuts" every year - and there's really no time or money for me to watch even more of them. Remember that I don't even live in Helsinki so I either have to commute there every day or stay at a hotel. This time I go there by train every day since it will be much cheaper.

I wouldn't say I am biased for Japanese films in terms of evaluation and appreciation, but my specialization in Japanese cinema has led me to be more interested in whatever comes from the land of the rising sun. For me it's quite essential to be curious about the films I see in advance and having spent so much time watching Japanese films and reading about them I tend to prefer them to others. On top of that, I don't want to lose rare chances like this to see them on the big screen.

Heck, I don't even know most of the other films shown at the festival - partly because I haven't spent much time with films for the past 6 months.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:19 am

Got the HDMI to DVI adaptor and now everything just werks.

:w00:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:08 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Does the festival only screen Japanese films, or is your selection indicative of how aggressively insular your own personal biases have become?
Damn, you've been slappin' 'em down a lot recently, Muggs. (:|
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Damn, you've been slappin' 'em down a lot recently, Muggs. (:|

Ozzy-wazzy knows I'm just kidding. I'm always needlessly antagonistic towards people I like, though I suppose things do get lost in the shuffle when I'm occasionally antagonistic towards people I don't like very much at all or use humor to criticize people I have no strong feelings about at all. Hmmmm. Ozzy-wazzy, do I really come off as so threatening that you feel compelled to explain things to me? (Or deep down do you know my imaginary criticisms are accurate and you need to justify them to yourself.) Oh, damn it! There I go again!

Lil, you're no doubt feeling left out. I'll have to make a note to be mean to you at some point in the immediate future.

You dork.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:49 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Damn, you've been slappin' 'em down a lot recently, Muggs. (:|

Is it wrong i read something completely different from the intended when i read this?

Anyway, on topic: I've decided to write for Cracked. Or at the very least join their workshop and try to get at least one article published. I'm admittedly doing it for the money first, and for the exercise, challenge and improvement second. Still, it would give me something to do, and that if i'm very good at it, would get me some money hopefully. I would focus more on some kind of factual article since i'm not funny, although i guess i should just decide that as i go along. I don't think my stuff would be very good, but if the editors ever believe it's worthy of appearing in the front page, then i believe in them.

I really hope i get my lazy ass to try it ^_^
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Muggs wrote:You dork.
Abuse makes the heart grow fonder, Muggs.

Dream wrote:Is it wrong i read something completely different from the intended when i read this?
Nope. As long as it was suitably perverse I'm totally cool with it.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Ozzy-wazzy knows I'm just kidding.

This. I just thought I should specify what sort of bias I have for Japanese cinema in order to clear up possible misunderstandings.

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Quadhonk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 am

Not sure if this is where it goes.

So last night I got a call from a friend saying that I had been logged on to Diablo 3 for several days and I hadn't answered any of his messages. Now I haven't played in monthes and my char is only level 20, so I logged onto Battle.net and changed all my info. I then logged onto D3 to find that some guy hacked me, leveled all my characters up to max and got me around 800,000 gold and several legendaries.

It's funny, because a couple of weeks ago all my friends starting playing D3 again and asked if I wanted to join them. But, I told them that it would take to long to catch up so they'd have to count me out. So all I can say to you Mr. Chinesehacker is thank you. You really took one for the team by doing all my grinding for me.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 am

^
Change your password. Like immediately. Some tricky fingers managed to punch through your account... good thing he didn't sold off your account.

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Quadhonk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:^
Change your password. Like immediately. Some tricky fingers managed to punch through your account... good thing he didn't sold off your account.

Oh I changed all of my information before I even logged in.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:48 pm

View Original PostQuadhonk wrote:Oh I changed all of my information before I even logged in.

Also, get an authenticator. If you have a smartphone you can get one as a free app for Blizzard games.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”