FML General Thread [3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

^ Why are you so desperate to catch the mail man in the act anyway?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:^ Why are you so desperate to catch the mail man in the act anyway?

A) Post office isn't being helpful
B) Want to make sure he didn't deliver it to the neighbors who share the same address (I'm "B" they're "A") who are hardly ever home/I don't trust (so I'd not be surprised if they signed for something that wasn't theirs)
C) Want to let him know I'm expecting it so he doesn't deliver it to the neigbors
[s]D) Want to shank him and steal the street's mail.[/s]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:It's hilarious that these Japanese idol fans get so mad when the girls have sex.

I would assume it's because they mean Idol seriously, in a quasi-religious context. Anything that would remind the audience these girls are real people and not images on which to project whatever nonsense they have in mind is a fundamental failure of their purpose.

In a western context, it's probably similar to the whole 'purity rings' thing going around among the mormon and megachurch crowds, except the Japanese being Japanese took it to 11 on a subcultural level, not just the small clumps of nutters we get here.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 pm

eh. if anything im inclined to say the culture fuckup goes the other way since you don't see idol fans lobbying (or being elected to) the Nipponese govt or anything
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 pm

I don't think any of you would remember an old post of mine in the FML thread where i spoke of my fears of having mysoginist tendencies. Anyways, since a lot of months ago, it seems to have decreased considerable. I guess i didn't think much about it. But recently, it feels like it has been returning. What fucks me up the most is that i honestly about these thoughts, and they're generally pretty unwanted. It doesn't help that some of the stuff that comes to mind is so deep/fucked up that it's not even funny.

I'm honestly kind of terrified sometimes :(
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I'm held captive in apartment by two rabid AKB fans. Please send help

if they have dildos then the A.D.T.F. will help, otherwise just play heavy metal or hard rock really loud and the ak47 nutjobs will collapse in agony
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:I don't think any of you would remember an old post of mine in the FML thread where i spoke of my fears of having mysoginist tendencies.

Actually, it's one of your posts I remember the most. I remember it because I remember thinking "Wow, that is so not something to get that worked up about". But I remember going through that phase myself so I can't really stand in judgment.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:23 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Actually, it's one of your posts I remember the most. I remember it because I remember thinking "Wow, that is so not something to get that worked up about". But I remember going through that phase myself so I can't really stand in judgment.

May i ask you to elaborate?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Dream wrote:And i'm the one on cleaning duty today :shinji_boohoo:
The Shiji emoticon fits so perfectly. But all the same I feel for you, Dream. :glomp:

View Original PostDream wrote:I'm honestly kind of terrified sometimes
At least you're aware of it. And that'll definitely be helpful in dealing with it.

KnightmareX13 wrote:Since I haven't been active much figured I'll do an update on how my mom is doing, this week she had her second chemo treatment. She seems to be handling the chemo pretty well but the shot she has to get the next day to stimulate the white blood cells causes her a lot of pain.
I'm sorry to hear it's causing her so much pain, but at least it seems to be working.

Muggs wrote:Let the record show that I'm deeply ambivalent about my sexuality. I imagine most people are, to some degree, but I'm getting in one of those (increasingly frequent) phases where I'm seriously considering castration to free me from the fruitless cycle of need and regret.
No way. You're 22 Muggs, so it's natural that your sex drive's going to be dragging you all over the place, including places that'll embarrass or shame you. But you should know it won't always be that way. One day you may even find you miss this sexually chaotic time in your life.

CJD wrote:Edit: So I've been trying to catch the mail man this week and every day I've missed him by like 10 minutes, tops.
You'll get him eventually. It's only a matter of time.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:43 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:No way. You're 22 Muggs, so it's natural that your sex drive's going to be dragging you all over the place, including places that'll embarrass or shame you. But you should know it won't always be that way. One day you may even find you miss this sexually chaotic time in your life.

I kinda doubt this.

EDIT: Ok, i kinda feel like an asshole for posting this in a NGE forum, but i have no choice: I tried to start a NGE fanfic a few days ago, a Gendo centered short story, i couldn't get much beyond the first page before i had to close word. I don't know why, but i just couldn't bear to look at what i wrote, it all felt so clunky and poorly thought and akwardly wrote... It was terrible, or at least it looked terrible. Plus it seems i couldn't translate what i thought into paper very well, probably because i have lots of problems with some basic english words. I was slightly ashamed that i couldn't even get one page right. Then again, i guess that the only option i have if i want to overcome that is to keep writing, so i'll have to look at the terrible thing again and work on it.

*sigh* I hate it.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:if they have dildos then the A.D.T.F. will help, otherwise just play heavy metal or hard rock really loud and the ak47 nutjobs will collapse in agony

To balance things out I do play Led Zep or Guns N' Roses.

In case some of you wondering, what ticks me off is when people misinterpret things, events or symbols without realizing what they're really looking at.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:32 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:One day you may even find you miss this sexually chaotic time in your life.

I imagine you're right. It's a sort of mawkishly grim irony that I'm trying to occupy the skin of a character who's deeply closeted (a state combining the best parts of both sexual repression and self-loathing) while just coming down from a period in my life where I was at my most shameless and sexually open. If this keeps up, by the time I'm writing that book about characters enslaved by their libidos, I'll have developed premature ED.

View Original PostDream wrote:I was slightly ashamed that i couldn't even get one page right.

Dream, you need to read this. In fact, don't trust read it: wine and dine it. Stroke it, kiss it and undress it. Take it to bed with you with and lick its feet. Call it "mistress" a few times and then let it dribble hot wax on your bare chest.

Writing is rewriting. A first draft isn't so much drawing a rough sketch as it is stitching canvas to a wooden frame. Your primary function at that stage is getting words on paper, knowing that you're going to go back over them about a dozen times. The first draft of my last story was 14 pages long and ended with one character saying to another "I have no idea what's going on" to which the other replied "It's okay, darling, you're used to it." The two of them then hastily walked away and left the plot to sort itself out. My third draft was about forty pages long and somehow along the way it gained a narrative with foreshadowing, subtle "world building", pathos and, best of all, basic cause and effect.

I also weeded out a lot of bad jokes and tangents that went nowhere. I then put better ones in their place.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:22 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:I imagine you're right. It's a sort of mawkishly grim irony that I'm trying to occupy the skin of a character who's deeply closeted (a state combining the best parts of both sexual repression and self-loathing) while just coming down from a period in my life where I was at my most shameless and sexually open. If this keeps up, by the time I'm writing that book about characters enslaved by their libidos, I'll have developed premature ED.

There's nothing shameful about enjoying yourself or having a moment or a few moments of weakness. Trust me, when it slows down, you'll being thinking "Damn, i remember when..." Just be careful who you enjoy yourself with.

On Topic....Living in sunny Florida i sometimes forget it's surrounded by the Everglades. That is till i get bit by one of our freakishly huge ass mosquitos (which could be carrying a disease).

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/imag0481b.jpg/]Image[/URL]

That blotch is not a birth mark...it is remnants of the molestation i suffered by one of our freakishly huge ass mosquitos.....I'm scratching like I'm on drugs. I've had this shit for a week!!!
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:27 am

View Original PostDream wrote:May i ask you to elaborate?

When I'm in a bad mood, I think awful things about classes of people or even specific people who've been annoying me. And as it's happening, the "higher" me recognizes that what I'm thinking is wrong. I just let it go, and then it's over and done with. No big deal. If you have enough of a moral compass to beat yourself up over something you've thought, you have enough of a moral compass to just let it go and then chuckle lightly about it later.
System Administrator

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:When I'm in a bad mood, I think awful things about classes of people or even specific people who've been annoying me. And as it's happening, the "higher" me recognizes that what I'm thinking is wrong. I just let it go, and then it's over and done with. No big deal. If you have enough of a moral compass to beat yourself up over something you've thought, you have enough of a moral compass to just let it go and then chuckle lightly about it later.

I see. The problem is, i don't just think those things when i'm in a bad mood, i might be doing completely ordinary like walking to my art class or talking to someone, and a thought like "Yeah, women are all just shallow and selfish/stupid" would come to mind, and that's not even as bad as some of the other things. The fact that those outburst indicate that misoginy seems to be just below the surface is what bothers me. It doesn't help that, to a certain extent, i believe it*. The higher me might recognize it's wrong, but i don't think it's as simple as that, mainly because i'm not sure if there is a "higher" me.

* Well, since a few months ago, i couldn't tell anymore if it was misoginy or misanthropy.

Writing is rewriting. A first draft isn't so much drawing a rough sketch as it is stitching canvas to a wooden frame. Your primary function at that stage is getting words on paper, knowing that you're going to go back over them about a dozen times. The first draft of my last story was 14 pages long and ended with one character saying to another "I have no idea what's going on" to which the other replied "It's okay, darling, you're used to it." The two of them then hastily walked away and left the plot to sort itself out. My third draft was about forty pages long and somehow along the way it gained a narrative with foreshadowing, subtle "world building", pathos and, best of all, basic cause and effect.

Thanks Mugwump. I think i forgot that, as with most creative endeavors, it is a matter of patience and diligency. I'm going to try and simply get words on paper without being too concerned about the quality. "You can't edit what you haven't written", as it were. Once again, thanks for the advice.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm

I swear my friends are ostracizing me.

I know it's probably all in my head.

Which means I'm getting angry at people with no just cause.

But still.

Something's fishy.

Can't trust no one. :hmph:

I hate it when I get like this.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:00 am

^What exactly is giving you the impression they're ostracizing you?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:02 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:if they have dildos then the A.D.T.F. will help, otherwise just play heavy metal or hard rock really loud and the ak47 nutjobs will collapse in agony

Doesn't work if the other one was hunting for obscure as hell late 80s finnish death metal LPs earlier that day ;___;

anyway

Do you think SEELE is right, or was Shinji right?
Opinions on Religion
Gun regulation debate
Tea Party/Occupy Movement Discussion

The moment I start to have less time for forum EGF's faggotry levels go through new hoops.

Why.jpg

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 am

Xard wrote:Doesn't work if the other one was hunting for obscure as hell late 80s finnish death metal

I only know one finnish metal band but it's awesome.

Xard wrote:The moment I start to have less time for forum EGF's faggotry levels go through new hoops.

Why.jpg

Isn't that a fortunate coincidence for you?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:19 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Doesn't work if the other one was hunting for obscure as hell late 80s finnish death metal LPs earlier that day ;___;

anyway

Do you think SEELE is right, or was Shinji right?
Opinions on Religion
Gun regulation debate
Tea Party/Occupy Movement Discussion

The moment I start to have less time for forum EGF's faggotry levels go through new hoops.

Why.jpg

Hey now it's been way too long since I've been able to whip out the old soap box and rant about this stuff here on EGF, I can only hope that topic remains open long enough for me to talk about the reptilians and how sasquatch has mastered reality bending! That thread is a treasure that must always remain open! ALWAYS!!!

Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”