Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Does anyone happen to know of a good site to get higher end programs off of? To be specific, I'm looking for SolidWorks. This is a CAD program for those of you who haven't seen it before. I honestly don't have the thousands of dollars for the software, and I'd love to be able to work on CAD files at home and at school. At the moment I'm trying to make an Eva-like robot made of hundreds of components, without cheating the laws of practicality.

And for fun: whats the most ridiculous thing you've ever pirated from the internet? I got some fun responses from this one the other day.
Beserksauce

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Re: Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:43 pm

View Original Post_Xtracrispy_ wrote:Does anyone happen to know of a good site to get higher end programs off of? To be specific, I'm looking for SolidWorks. This is a CAD program for those of you who haven't seen it before. I honestly don't have the thousands of dollars for the software, and I'd love to be able to work on CAD files at home and at school. At the moment I'm trying to make an Eva-like robot made of hundreds of components, without cheating the laws of practicality.

And for fun: whats the most ridiculous thing you've ever pirated from the internet? I got some fun responses from this one the other day.

My advice look for a generic freebie software because illegal downloads of copyrighted material is against the evageek code. You savy me matie? or ar ye in need of a keelhauling? :pirate: avast me hearties wenches off the starboard! shiver me timbers there be fun tonight
Last edited by KnightmareX13 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Darn I thought this was gonna be a thread about being real pirates and plundering the seven seas.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 pm

My advice look for a generic freebie software because illegal downloads of copyrighted material is against the evageek code. You savy me matie? or ar ye in need of a keelhauling? Yar, har, fiddle-dee-dee! avast wenches of the starboard! shiver me timbers there be fun tonight

Well I figured as much, see the only reason I ask is because I don't normally try that kind of cheap crap. Unfortunately this program isn't that common and fairly high end. The standard price tag dwarfs photoshop's. I suppose I'll be sticking to my school license then. And if you've ever done CAD work, then you'd know that there aren't any cheapo programs that come anywhere near what the legitimate programs can do. Thank ye anyway matie! Now if ye'll excuse me, thar be an assembly file shaped like Unit 0's head that be needin a review, and a prog-knife blueprint to scrap.
Beserksauce

Henry Spencer
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 pm

I know of a good site for programs.

You have to sail through Lake Michigan and take fifty thousand paces to the left. Once you're there, you'll be in Silicon Valley.
In Heaven everything is fine.
2% of people on internet forums are impressionable n

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Many thanks! I might try this out, maybe not. And if it makes anything up (because I know its lame to pirate) at least I'm just putzing around with Eva unit designs. These things are harder to build then you'd think! I haven't even attempted the abdominal armor panels yet. And forget about guns, I think I'll stick to stabbing my angels.
Beserksauce

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 pm

View Original PostHenry Spencer wrote:I know of a good site for programs.

You have to sail through Lake Michigan and take fifty thousand paces to the left. Once you're there, you'll be in Silicon Valley.

:lol: Here, have a free internet.

(I initially thought this was going to be a thread about LazyTown. Image)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm

I know where to get those but I feel like being a denying sort of person like princess hitei today, so shall deny you that information. :asuka_happy:

How does that make you feel? :asuka_happy:
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm

(I initially thought this was going to be a thread about LazyTown. )

I really should be more careful with titles... I can't help but feel that I kind of got a lot of people's hopes up :zer_sweatdrop:
Beserksauce

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:21 pm

I actually checked out the Solidworks website and they make it clear they don't actually want to sell their product to anyone. 150USD for a student starter edition? Good luck with that, assholes.

Even if getting the program isn't especially morally culpable, its still a crime.

Why not use one of the alternatives?
http://alternativeto.net/software/solidworks/

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 pm

BUY THE PROGRAM YOU CHEAP PERSON.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm

To begin with:
I know where to get those but I feel like being a denying sort of person like princess hitei today, so shall deny you that information. Asuka is happy! (Stolen from Mark's fanart site.)

How does that make you feel? Asuka is happy! (Stolen from Mark's fanart site.)

Well unfortunately I'm now also in a denying sort of mood, and therefore feel inclined to let you know that I already have the information I need. However had you been quicker to reply, I would have then pointed out that very few people are actually insulted or care about people who mount feeble attempts at poking another persons ego. Let alone through the interwebs. Nice try though :asuka_thumbsup:

Why not use one of the alternatives?
http://alternativeto.net/software/solidworks/

Thats very, very true. I've tried alternatives but I'm really only used to the SolidWorks program. So really I'm confined to working on this little side project during school hours. I don't think I'll end up pirating it on any level anyway, seeing as the way that these files save and interact is really easy to mess up (especially with some hacked peice of shit). But thank you very much for finding those other alternatives! I'll check some of them out tomorrow.

BUY THE PROGRAM YOU CHEAP PERSON.

Yeah I know, I know. Don't worry about it, I'm not going to bother with some hacked POS anyway. Though if I had the money to, I would. If it makes anyone feel any better about this (and to make me look as less of an asshole, which I apparently now am) I actually BOUGHT WinRAR! Now how many people do you honestly think do that instead of hitting the buy later button? :tongue:
Beserksauce

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:02 am

It's like nobody reads the rules here

http://wiki.evageeks.org/EvaGeeks_Forum_Rules_and_Guidelines#Other
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”