[News] 2012 News (NO POLITICS)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm not getting my Megaupload premium member fee back am I.

Son of a bitch.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:58 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:The guy who founded Megaupload, Kim Dotcom, is a heck of a character.

Indeed, in fact I was wondering if MU is going to be an isolated case because its founder is a quite shady character or if there'll be similar actions against other filehosting service in the future; actually at that point Youtube and Google could be sued as well, like some people would like to do, since they can't pre-emptively scan every video and every webpage.

Anyway, I wasn't aware that cowardice at sea isn't a crime in the US.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:04 pm

this man's the lowest of the low. I'm very disappointed in the U.S. .
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/France-plans-Napoleonland.html

All I can say is, at least it wasn't the Germans.

The Germans can build Frederickland for example.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The Germans can build Frederickland for example.

I don't know if it'd be the same, Napoleon legacy was much more important in my opinion, in both France and most of continental Europe.

Anyway, do you think that the telegraph did it on purpose?
Other curious potential attractions include a ski run through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during the revolution – the precursor to Napoleon’s rise to power.

"It's going to be fun for the family,” he Mr Jégo told the Times
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Do not assume I'm back from my depression leave, I'm just here to spread the message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ&feature=player_embedded

WE. ARE. OFFICIALLY. ROYALLY. FUCKED. OVER. HARD

We're all guilty of it, even me when I managed to download a couple of things from MU. They would not play and I deleted them, but that sure as hell is not going to appeal to the court of law. Not in America. I don't care what your political spectrum, fandom, religion, race, ethnicity, gender, age, history, country, state, county, school, breast size, butt size, eye color, hair color, immune system efficiency, longevity, or anything in between is. Everyone at the international level is officially vulnerable to United States enslavement.

Now someone send this to Toho Kingdom, even Darth Legion, Arrow, and the clique mercenaries do not deserve a chance to be ignorant of what may transpire from this.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Not guilty of it, never used Megaupload because it had too many scripts and cookies and I was never interested enough to keep clicking on "ok, run this script" to get whatever it was that I was vaguely interested in. You, however, since you don't torrent, probably use Megaupload/video quite a bit (watching a video on Megavideo is the same as downloading it, it's just not saved on your computer).

Probably nothing will come of it, since online identities usually != real identities. It's not like they have your social security number. And for the people who sign up to crap like that with their regular email addresses: email is free these days, create one and use that for signing up with sketchy websites.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:04 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I'm just here to spread the message:

Alex Jones has grown a beard!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:04 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Everyone at the international level is officially vulnerable to United States enslavement.

Most people outside the US are mainly vulnerable because of pressure made by the US to change their laws to fight piracy more "efficiently" rather than risking to be sued directly by American companies, it happened recently in Spain.
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one criticising the US around here lately, though.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:24 pm

On Megaupload, I still hate it when they headquartered in HK but do not allow any access from HK users! At least we are not in the least affected by its downfall. Ha !!!

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I don't know if it'd be the same, Napoleon legacy was much more important in my opinion, in both France and most of continental Europe.

Napoleon is of course much better known, but Frederick the Great is also famous not only as a military genius but also an Englightened Despot, both arguably similar to Napolen, and both are from the 18th century and plays a key role in his respective country's history (as well as countries surrounding it). In fact Frederick the Great may have a stronger case because 1) it can be argued that he deserves more recognition as he is not as well known as Napoleon 2) it may be less controversial -- just see how often Napoleon is paired with Hitler as "the Antichrist"; on the other hand, it be argued that Frederick is mainly about defending his country. Implausibly, perhaps, but still not like what we saw that happened in Goya's paintings.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 pm

As it's fast, I preferred using Mediafire for hosting small patch files that fixes an MMO I play (i.e. missing textures, an update game engine, etc). I'm also using Dropbox lately for use as secondary backup storage of my fics.

Never tried MU or other filehosting services; using them is like trying to hack through a jungle with a dinner knife.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:33 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The Germans can build Frederickland for example.

I am waiting for Stalinland, for that authentic Soviet Gulag feel.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:On Megaupload, I still hate it when they headquartered in HK but do not allow any access from HK users! At least we are not in the least affected by its downfall. Ha !!!

:lol: I suppose that you have a point here.
View Original Postsymbv wrote:Napoleon is of course much better known, but Frederick the Great is also famous not only as a military genius but also an Englightened Despot, both arguably similar to Napolen, and both are from the 18th century and plays a key role in his respective country's history (as well as countries surrounding it).

Well, Napoleon spread both the ideals of the French revolution and some of its products like the Code Napoleon.
View Original Postsymbv wrote: 1) it can be argued that he deserves more recognition as he is not as well known as Napoleon

I can agree on this point, though I still think that Napoleon is more famous with reason.
View Original Postsymbv wrote: 2) it may be less controversial -- just see how often Napoleon is paired with Hitler as "the Antichrist"

Who compare him to Hitler? Mostly Britons. Napoleon didn't start anything like the Shoah, actually he closed the Ghettos and he extended the advanced French legislation to countries which were still in the Middle Ages
View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:I am waiting for Stalinland, for that authentic Soviet Gulag feel.

Probably they'd build Peter-land instead, it's more politically correct.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Who compare him to Hitler? Mostly Britons. Napoleon didn't start anything like the Shoah, actually he closed the Ghettos and he extended the advanced French legislation to countries which were still in the Middle Ages

You can thank Nostradamus (or more appropriately those who tried to decipher his prophecy) for that - Random search produced books like this: http://www.bookdepository.com/Nostradamus-Third-Antichrist-Mario-Reading/9781907486678
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:39 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:You can thank Nostradamus (or more appropriately those who tried to decipher his prophecy) for that - Random search produced books like this: http://www.bookdepository.com/Nostradamus-Third-Antichrist-Mario-Reading/9781907486678

I read the author's name, a fast search and obviously I discover that he's Briton.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:06 am

Let's see if there are other countries...

Argentina
http://www.formarse.com.ar/profecias/NOSTRADAMUS%20Y%20NAPOLEON.htm

American
http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/antichri.htm
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~sharad/nostradamus/nostradamus.htm
http://www.time-loops.net/nostradamus/FrenchAntiChrist1.htm

Malaysia
http://goyangkakimu.faa.im/nostradamus-predicts-napoleon-hitler-and.xhtml

Romania
http://members.chello.nl/e.n.secasiu/Anticrist.htm
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 am

^meh, they've probably been influenced by the Brits.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:08 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Who compare him to Hitler? Mostly Britons.
Which is only natural.

Got stopped eastwards at Moscow: check
Had to stop the revolting little man crossing the Channel: check
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:15 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Which is only natural.

Got stopped eastwards at Moscow: check
Had to stop the revolting little man crossing the Channel: check

They had one thing in common, conquering Europe, but the purposes and ideology behind this objective were greatly different.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:04 am

^ Similarity? How about height - Napoleon is around 171cm while Hitler is around 173cm tall ? How about an inferiority complex said to be driving both men?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”