You know what I miss?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:12 pm

You know what I miss? The time before Face Book.
@monkey
Could you add those "new" rules to your post at the beginning of this thread to prevent future confusion.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:11 pm

You know what I miss? Alcohol.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:14 pm

You know what I miss? 90% of the college experience. Living in the dorms, going to classes and learning about things I'm interested in, meeting people from all over the world. Even some of the essays I actually enjoyed writing. Exams I could do without, but I guess I see the reasons for their existence.

Also, the girls.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:35 pm

And you totally banged all of them, you little sex god, you!
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:09 pm

You know what I miss the days when my t.v. Stations had a block devoted to anime now it got replaced with teen sitcoms
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:29 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:You know what I miss the days when my t.v. Stations had a block devoted to anime now it got replaced with teen sitcoms

School Rumble > iCarly (blegh)

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:34 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:And you totally banged all of them, you little sex god, you!

They don't call me the King of Planned Parenthood for nothing.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:37 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:symbv: may we please not turn this thread into an incident? Thank you. I'm okay with EM's conditions.

I am far from pissed in this case. Here it is more like me scratching my heads as to what terms a mods want to set for a thread he creates, and what kind of humor he can entertain. I doubt if a regular member creates this thread, and a bunch of people raising things from this forum (without going into acrimonious arguments, mind you) -- just like what we have now -- there will be mods interventions.

I just chalk it up to a thread that mods being particularly sensitive about, like ZapX towards the My Little Pony thread. As I have now reached this conclusion, I am all fine with what happened.

By the way, again it is not like I am the only one who has this thought. I received messages that agree with my comments. .
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:20 am

You know what I miss? The days before DLC and online patching in video games. Seriously, if your game requires patches THE DAY OF RELEASE, you shouldn't be allowed to make video games anymore. Now, I don't expect every single bug to be caught before release, but developers seem to be so caught on the "just patch it" bug that they release games which, in my opinion, are incomplete.

And what about people like me? Who don't have their systems connected online and their Internet is a piece of shit? Just gonna leave us with the broken game?
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:25 am

You know what I miss?

Good, cheap curry sauce/yogurt/raisins
Free postage and packaging on Amazon purchases
Speaking the first language of the nation I'm living in
My weights. I'm getting soft

The hand-drawn aesthetic in animation
When WW had an F
ReBoot

This target-
I just can't hit it
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:42 am

You know what I miss?

SPOILER: Show

Japan
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:57 am

You know what I miss? Spain, more specifically Barcelona.:( I also miss wonder ball's.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:59 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:You know what I miss? Spain, more specifically Barcelona.:( I also miss wonder ball's.

I'm still mad they discontinued those. >:|
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Know what I miss? Everything that happened in my life before fucking law school. It isn't nearly as sexy as it sounds.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:02 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:You know what I miss? The days before DLC and online patching in video games. Seriously, if your game requires patches THE DAY OF RELEASE, you shouldn't be allowed to make video games anymore. Now, I don't expect every single bug to be caught before release, but developers seem to be so caught on the "just patch it" bug that they release games which, in my opinion, are incomplete.

Developers releasing games that seem incomplete? Yeah, that's usually due to a deadline and it's nothing new. Publishers force them on to the developer, a good example of that is with Microsoft and Bungie, I'll leave the details out, but what I'm saying is, this ain't nothing new. I've had times where I've HAD to look for patches for old games just to make them work due to the developers having released new shit that requires a patch.

Sorry for the off-topic.

You know what I miss? My dog, I loved that guy.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 pm

You know what I miss? The hype leading up to Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I think I had more fun speculating than actually playing. (I still love the game, though.)
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:06 pm

You know what I miss? The Bay Area, California. While being back home in Upstate New York since last Winter is nice, it's like freaking Inaba in terms of things to do. In contrast, Bay Area's more like Tatsumi Port Island: Tons of things to do and places to explore. Yes, I'm referencing Persona 3 and 4.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

McDirty
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby McDirty » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:51 pm

You know what I miss? The age of VHS and anticipating your favorite show to start on tv so you can start recording it. It gave you something to look forward to in the day. Also, I miss scan lines on your video whenever you rewind or fast forward. I miss sticking a VHS in and immediately watching the video from where you last left off, instead of today where all DVDs have those damn logos in the beginning. I also miss recording a bunch of random shows and movies on one VHS tape, you didn't quite know what was next after watching one show.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Spud » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:25 pm

You know what I miss?
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I dented my disk somehow, and I honestly can't find another copy around town.

You know what else I miss?
The mountains.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:29 pm

You know what I also miss? Those old school 80s and early 90s Sierra games. Quest For Glory (Shadows of Darkness was my favorite), Space Quest, King's Quest, all great stuff. Too bad they aren't being sold anymore and are sometimes incompatible depending on your computer nowadays, but there are workarounds (with finding and playing the games).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”