Merry Christmas, all.

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kadou
Embryo

Merry Christmas, all.

•      
  •      

Postby Kadou » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:13 pm

Or Happy Holidays... whichever you prefer, I'm not starting another War on Christmas here.

So, while we're here, let's talk about '05. Did you like the year? hate it? Anything memorable?

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:02 am

2005 was good all round.

It was stressful and dramatic , not to mention funny.

It has been a good year for me
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:47 am

Better late than never...

Merry Christmas
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:52 pm

As geeky as it might sound, 2005 was truly the year of anime for me. By 2004, I had only seen Evangelion and Excel Saga. This year I saw (in approximate chronological order) Love Hina, Outlaw Star, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, Chobits, Trigun, Silent Moebius, Berzerk, Popotan, Samurai Champloo, Nadia, Noir, Nadesico, FLCL, Puni Puni Poemi, RahXephon, and a slew of other things that I rented and now can't remember what they were. The drastic change in my viewing habits has probably been the most notable thing about the year for me. (Now how sad does that sound?) I also went to my first anime convention in 2005.

All of that is probably the reason I've been giving less crap about Evangelion lately. It's a big world out there, and it helps to put things in perspective when you actually do go outside. I still like Eva, but there's nothing left for me to say about it, and it feels like there's nothing left for me to hear or read about it that I haven't heard or read before (that's still sufficiently relevant).

In 2006, I'll probably focus on viewing older titles, especially the Gundam series. Think I'll check out that Ideon, as well, if I can. It's a little alarming to me that other goals for the year don't come to mind, but fuck it--I have a hundred more.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:22 pm

The more I know anime the more I love my Eva.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:09 pm

lol, ahaha, i'm late :D

...This year was good. We had AnimeNext 05, and my Dollfie, and my fuzzy boyfriend...

yeah, this year was awesome.

...Happy Chanukah for myself :D

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:19 am

Well...

It was a great year overall. It's been one rollercoaster of a ride in my life in general but as far as anime concerned, I'm with Hexon as far as peaks in anime viewing.

I kicked off the year watching Tsukihime. That started an avalanche as far as anime viewing went. It led me to watching a lot of my older stuff like Gundam, Macross, etc. I then wanted to see what other things were out there and finally decided to watch Evangelion in it's entirety (after seeing the first few episodes many years ago. I bought the Perfect Collection used off Amazon. That was it. It blew me away more than anything else I have watched in years. I pretty much became obsessed. My interest in anime exploded...I started making AMVs, buying anime DVDs and various toys like there was no tomorrow. I also went to a bunch of Cons (AnimeBoston, AnimeNext, Otakon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta) all of which I found surprisingly enjoyable.

...so yes, this year was great and that doesn't even take into account all the good non-anime related activities I was involved in. I hope for even better things in 2006.
Alex D.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:45 am

'05, or at least the second half, was a heavy scene on the domestic front, and I'm slightly surprised that we weathered the storm as well as we did.

So far as anime is concerned, having watched Kino's Journey, and a couple of disks each of GitS:SAC and Boogipop in the spring (not gotten round to picking them up), I had a long dry patch, despite continuing to accumulate other titles like Texhnolyse, Haibane Renmai and Planetes, up until to the point where I spent most of the Worldcon in the anime room

'05 was also the year I finally succumbed to fansubs - in particular two old series that have been dusted off and subbed, Ideon, Rose of Versailles (watching - and in the case of Ideon, subbing - still in progress). I'm finding taking just one or two episodes at a time better than getting sucked into devouring 3-4 episodes on a DVD. Other series watched, in no particular order, Elfen Lied, Jinki Extend, Marimite (in progress), Rozen Maiden (in progress).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:46 pm

05 for me was what seemed the end of a downcycle which started in the first half of 2004. I'm quite surprised how unstable my life has become. From reaching unprecedented heights to unprecedented lows.

It was like a box-fight with life. On june 2004 I received a cross on my chin which left me on the ground. When the count was 9 (6 months later), I rose to my feet, confident of being ready to fight and win again. Closed towards the opponent and...

SNAP

I got another blow which left me on my foot, but watching stars. It was like I looked towards the sky and "Hikarisasu niwa" was the only thing I heard. And thus, 4 months later, my opponent, life, put the final blow which knocked me out.

Now I'm out of the rings.

As for anime, this year I started using mylist on AniDB, and it's the best tool for anime enthusiast I ever found. I have 193 animes (2614 eps) in it, from which I only could see 272 eps. A great way of organizing things.

Ahh, and after years and years... I became music portable again. The last device I had was when I was senior in highschool. It was a really lovely Sony cassette walkman with some really nice features. It got stolen by the end of that year, and only this month I got an MD which I also use to record live shows from my friends bands. So happiness.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:48 pm

The more I know anime the more I love my Eva

Yeah evas certainly a lot better then most anime I've seen.

This year I saw some new anime I thought was good and some that wasnt so good I think gunbuster 2, melody of oblivion and samurai champloo were the best things I saw this year. I also really liked Neo tokyo and mind game, both ingenious movies.

I also saw some bad things too, bad but funny to watch. One was "Bagi the mighty monster of nature" in which a little boy and a sexy mutant panther try to protect the world from a poisoned rice ball. Another was" Godzilla Final wars" the newest godzilla movie by toho, in which godzilla beats up half the monsters in toho history along with the american godzilla, this also features the son of godzilla riding a truck.

Most memorable thing this year: Not really sure, maybe when that phantom dog jumped on my bed and i scared it off with my katana.

This year I've also come closer to mastering my animation and art skills, yes, some day the industry will be mine!
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:58 pm

Humbug!!
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:30 am

My family was good to me, as usual. Some of the awesome stuffs I got:

PS2:
Tekken 5
DDR: Extreme

CD
Frou Frou - Details
Guster - Lost and Gone Forever
Guster - Goldfly
Guster - Keep It Together

DVD
The Pretender: Season 1
Alias: Season 4
Lost: Season 1
Gargoyles: Season 2 Volume 1
Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story
City of God
The Terminal

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:26 am

Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:08 am

2005 = The year I really got into Evangelion, watched Zeta Gundam for the first time and discovered Elfen Lied (of which I finally, finally could watch the last two episodes this morning).

It will be intresting to see what kind of madness 2006 will bring us.
Asuka > Rei

ferrarimanf355
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ferrarimanf355 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:04 pm

2005= the year I got into Naruto, Evangelion, Bleach, Xbox 360, and Sirius Satellite Radio, the year Ridge Racer made a comeback, the year Dale Jr. forgot he was Dale Jr., the year in which movies sucked and movie execs were wondering why, the year Family Guy made a comeback... yeah, it was a very good year.
Festivus for the rest of us! :lol:
myspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobig... I am a banana!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:00 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:My family was good to me, as usual. Some of the awesome stuffs I got:

PS2:
Tekken 5
DDR: Extreme

CD
Frou Frou - Details
Guster - Lost and Gone Forever
Guster - Goldfly
Guster - Keep It Together

DVD
The Pretender: Season 1
Alias: Season 4
Lost: Season 1
Gargoyles: Season 2 Volume 1
Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story
City of God
The Terminal

Now you're a sexy and spoiled bitch. Here's what I got:

Socks (black, of course)
A gray sweater
Some shower gel from Bath & Body Works
20-Q

I'm almost certain I also had some coal coming to me, but it must have been mispaced.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:04 pm

Heh. I got a new computer = access to alla anime that hasn't yet been licensed in Sweden. Which is, I might add, a heck of a lot.
Asuka > Rei

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:17 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Now you're a sexy and spoiled bitch.

Oh, believe me. I'm far from spoiled.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:25 pm

I got:

Underwear
100$ (local currency, divide by 3 for value in US$)
A Partagas cigar
A blank CD
2 very beautiful T-shirts
Deodorant
The promise of an ozeki type sake bottle for MAGI day.
My List @ AniDB

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:02 am

So far as loot goes - skipping the clothing, the kitchenware, and the exotic pickles and sauces - two martial arts movie DVDs : Hero, and Kung Fu Hustle. Talk about "from the sublime to the rediculous"!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”