[Music] Songs on repeat

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:20 am

Ásgeir - 'King and Cross'

:heart:

Like some kind of beautiful Icelandic Bon Iver...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun May 04, 2014 3:47 am

My newest obsession.

Radiohead - No Surprises:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLiLUIpNvM[/url]
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sun May 04, 2014 4:17 am

^That song is pretty in a magical yet depressed and tired manner. Rly coo.

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

Alongside Halo and Blue Dress, this is probably my favourite song on Violator.
Leave Shinji alone

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun May 04, 2014 2:09 pm

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

Alongside Halo and Blue Dress, this is probably my favourite song on Violator.

Violator is one of my favourite 90s albums. Policy of Truth would be my personal favourite.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon May 05, 2014 3:20 am

^ Cool, that's my personal favorite from that album as well.

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:My newest obsession.

Radiohead - No Surprises:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLiLUIpNvM[/url]

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

You have both chosen wisely.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon May 05, 2014 10:57 am

I haven't been listening to these on repeat, but I have been cycling through these mashups a lot over the past several days.

Crocodile Chop, by Neil Cicirega

please permanently ban me from making mashups, by McMaNGOS

Call Me A Hole, by pomDeter

If you have any favorite mashups, send em my way. I'm on that kind of kick.

FrDougal9000
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FrDougal9000 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Do NGE tracks count here? Well, if not, I'll adjust this reply accordingly but all the same, here's just a few.

Evangelion tracks

Yume No Sukima by Shiro Sagisu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuoOyLLZWKo) - What a hauntingly beautiful way to close out one of the best movies ever made; this is especially important since I actually can't stand Borderline Case!

Cruel Dilemme I by Shiro Sagisu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd8AjyZuHsU) - I know some prefer the original TV series version of Hedgehog's Dilemma, but there's something about the strings used in this Rebuild version that keep me coming back to it each and every time I feel like listening to some melancholic guitar.

FACE by Masami Okui (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPVoKL6LI84) - This was the track you could faintly hear at the end of Episode 4 during that long period of silence at the train station, so it technically counts. Anyway, it has this weird 80's romantic ballad charm to it that I can't put my finger on that I still hugely enjoy all the same.

Non-Evangelion tracks

Diamonds by The Seatbelts (Cover by adrisaurus) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEILmYuseU) - As much as I love Yoko Kanno's work for Cowboy Bebop, I have to go out and say that this cover is actually much better than the original version of the song. That kind of soft, mesmerizing voice just makes this song so much more enchanting than it normally would be. And people say fans can't do anything good! :rolleyes:

Aisle 10 (Hello Alison) by Scapegoat Wax (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHpKVwMzu8s) - While I'm quite the fan of Hideki Naganuma's musical work for the Jet Set Radio series, I happen to be very fond of this little ol' track from Jet Set Radio Future. It's times like this where I wish I still had a copy of the damn game... (sighs regretfully)

Oh well; hope you guys find something you like from this selection of songs! Till we meet again, have a great day y'all! :)

-FrDougal9000
Pen-Pen died for your sins!

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon May 05, 2014 1:54 pm

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue May 06, 2014 4:07 am

I mentioned back in February in the Music Discussion Thread that I had begun going through the Front 242 discography. Well, that only took a week...but cut to right now, months later, and I still have this one stuck in my head. And I have it on repeat at least a few times a week.

Front 242 - Headhunter

Such a damn good song, both a great example and one of the premier songs of EBM.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue May 06, 2014 4:46 pm

It's probably too late to join in on the Violator talk, but Enjoy the Silence is easily my favorite song on that album, which is saying a lot because each song on it is a jam. The transition between Waiting for the Night and Enjoy the Silence is great.

Personally I've had Black Celebration almost always on the turntable for the last couple months, with Dressed in Black being my most listened to as of recent.

----------------
Also, Uh-ee by Crayon Pop is the best K pop song of the year so far. And great social commentary to boot. :bigeyes:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue May 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Don't Deny Your Heart - Hot Chip

Poison - Alice Cooper

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon May 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Been listening to "I See the Math" by Abandoned Pools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78tQjM2yCTI

I somehow discovered Tommy Walter's solo project Abandoned Pools during my freshman year of college. His first album "Humanistic" was like the soundtrack to the summer of 2002 for me. I must have listened to that album dozens of times as I drove fairly long distances to take summer classes offered at different campuses.

I've devoured each of his albums, which usually came many years apart, however he stealthily released another album shortly after his third that flew completely under my radar. In typical fashion, the closing track, "I See the Math" has stuck with me and I've found myself listening to it repeatedly.

Reiggae
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Reiggae » Mon May 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Animal Collective - Alvin Row
The static makes it feel like I'm floating.
We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

DocAzure
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DocAzure » Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Been listening to a lot of The Beatles recently, which is actually rather rare of me. I enjoy them, but haven't really dedicated much time to them. I finally did, however, and I've taken a liking to the Sgt. Pepper album, in particular this track.

A Day in the Life

It's awfully mysterious sounding, with Lennon's almost lazy sounding vocals, before leading into McCartney's more jaunty verse...then back into Lennon. Lovely song structure here.
Vanguard, a fiction set in the Evangelion world.
post/738119/Vanguard-CH2-UP/

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Madonna » Fri May 16, 2014 7:09 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahjUmQ5wZ3k

The melody, the emotion, the voice....such a stunning song.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat May 17, 2014 5:25 am

Underworld - 'Two Months Off'

Mr Fingers - 'Can You Feel It?'

Feed me more smooth house and trance please, EGF.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun May 18, 2014 12:29 am

I can't stop listening to Lullaby by The Cure.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun May 18, 2014 7:46 am

Heh, I had a feeling that would happen when I pointed you toward 'em. You're welcome. :highfive:

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun May 18, 2014 3:00 pm

^
It's not even the lyrics Bro, it's the damn beat! I just can't stop :spout:

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon May 19, 2014 3:08 am

^ The version from Mixed Up is even catchier, it's longer and the beat is even more danceable. For my money, though, nothing beats either version (from Disintegration or Mixed Up) of "Fascination Street".

Original
Remix
Mixed Up version of "Lullaby"

Also, if you really wanna hear something cool done with that beat, here's a Gorillaz/Cure mash-up that's just immensely catchy.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”