[Music] Songs on repeat

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

I listened to that nonstop for 8 hours. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:What Is Love.

Something that ran my ass over.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:01 pm

this week...

Phil Collins - "Two Hearts"

I always felt this was an underrated song (as is much of Phil Collins' solo stuff IMO despite the hate and the "love" from some quarters [NSFW *warning*]), and it really has hooked me in recently for some unknown reason

Kansas - "Play the Game Tonight"

I have started to dig beyond the greatest hits of a lot of older bands, and this one came up and it seems kind of cool to me
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:22 am

i used to do this often but nowadays i find myself shuffling a playlist most of the time. when reading/loldeep thinking, i put bill evans on so i dont get distracted by lyrics.
i want rebuild

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Currently? It would have to be The Quick and the Blue by The Megas, a pretty nifty Wild West mix of Quick Man's theme (I think?).
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

bnicole
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bnicole » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:08 pm

I have been listening to a lot of instrumentals the past few days. My favorite being the tracks by Sunny Choi. You might want to check them out.

They are mostly piano interpretations of current hits by various artists. It is really useful as I want to keep a light mood when doing something academic. It would be hard for me to concentrate when songs with lyrics are playing but I sway away from real instrumentals.
I am an evageek! ^_^

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:40 pm

kyle landry > pretty much any other youtube pianist. unlike most other youtube pianists, his improvisations sound like they took hours to arrange, while many other pianists do left hand comps that almost anyone with basic chord theory could do. not saying that the other pianists are bad, but i think kyle should get a lot more click-traffic than he currently does. the worst part about his channel is that it makes your arrangements feel like grade 1 nursery rhymes :raincloud:
i want rebuild

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:49 am

I've spent the last week or so with World Coming Down (see here) on repeat.

Catharsis or depression? You make that call, I can't be arsed to.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:29 pm

When I am doing school work I put on a bunch of anime theme songs or OST's, since I don't know any Japaneses the lyrics don't distracted me and don't get stuck in my head.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:28 pm

I've been looping Lady Gaga for a great deal of the past 36 hours. I think I have issues. My hipster cred is slowly eroding.

Or is it?
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:I've been looping Lady Gaga for a great deal of the past 36 hours. I think I have issues. My hipster cred is slowly eroding.

Or is it?
I thought hipsters liked Lady Gaga's bourgeois superficial hyperbolic self-reflexive commentaries underlying her subversively referential and simplistic cross-sub-cultural neomarxist pseudo-philandering non-depravity that was emphasized by her un-shocking hypernonsexually stimulating fashion and her pop-sensibly ambiguous lyrics.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Is it sad that your sentence makes perfect sense to me?

A year or so ago I couldn't stand her music. I'm listening to "Speechless" off of The Fame Monster right now. Voluntarily. And Enjoying it.
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:48 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:Is it sad that your sentence makes perfect sense to me?
No, it's cool. It means I'm not good enough at academic writing, yet.

And it's fine. Expect this period to last for a few months. It's vapid stuff, and she's an overrated character, it's not bad as music goes.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Today during 6h train ride I went over all kind of shit on my iPod from glorious anisongs to The Beatles to Talking Heads to Leonard Cohen to Yura Yura Teikoku and Perfume's Electro World and somehow found myself completely unengaged with all songs I love save for two expections.

So today all songs that aren't Real Folk Blues from Cowboy Bebop or Swan's Love Will Save You suck hard.

Music is overrated, only worth 6.8 on Pitchfork scale IMO

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:California Dreaming or Fortunate Son or God's Gonna Cut You Down or What Is Love.

Whoa Whoa, whoaooooooh, whoaooooooh, uh-huh, whoa Whoa, whoaooooooh, whoaooooooh, uh-huh...

Fortunate son, good choice.

Satellite by Rise Against, played 145 times.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Xous
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xous » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Right now the song I've got on repeat is Out to Get You by Bloodsimple. At first I thought the song was just "okay," but after a few listens I was hooked on the intro and the lyrics. It's been a great help getting me through work this week.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:52 am

View Original PostMerridian wrote:No, it's cool. It means I'm not good enough at academic writing, yet.

Yeah, you kind of suck at baffling people with overpowering nomenclature. I was able to understand about 85% of that. I suggest that next time you want to vomit up some real appreciative text, you make up some new words.

Merridian wrote:It's vapid stuff, and she's an overrated character, it's not bad as music goes.

Her music is probably overrated, because it's just good dance music and not really anything else, but I wouldn't call he overrated, because her music videos are things of beauty. I wish more people used vapid means of mass-consumption to expose the masses to surrealism. If Michael Bay could slip extensive references to Dali and Francis Bacon in-between his inane action scenes, he would suddenly find himself tolerable. Then again, he would have to a terrible filmmaker on purpose and blah, blah, etc.

Anyhoo, I'm finding that I really dig the soundtrack to Silent Hill: Homecoming. It's one of the only Silent Hill games I've never played, and despite all the mixed things I've heard, it looks a hell of a lot better than Origins. The bitchin' soundtrack only makes me want to play it even more. I've been playing this in particular over and over.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Listening to a lot of Gaga again. Also, a lot of Sonic Youth. I'm seriously considering attempting to do a noise-rock cover of "Bad Romance."

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:39 am

listening to Waltz For Debby or My Foolish Heart by Bill Evans really calms me down after a long day. I love jazz piano!!
[/url]
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:02 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:I'm seriously considering attempting to do a noise-rock cover of "Bad Romance."

Not sure if that's the oddest neat idea I ever heard or potential ear rape.

Oh, what the hell? I vote "yay" on this, it could be at least interesting.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Weeeellll... currently Madonna - Ray of Light but only because today's Windows XP 10th anniversary...

Bye
俺は素人でもない。スペシャリストだ![ フルメタル

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”