Recent Hauls [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Paranoid » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:06 am

I finally got my 4th NGE omnibus. I ordered mine from book depository, but it got lost in the mail. I contacted them last Thursday (they'll only accept complaints about missing items after 25 days) and they said they'd ship me a new copy (or refund me if I wished). I'm not sure whether the copy I got today is the original one they sent or the replacement.

I also got this today:
Yeah, yeah, I know. I actually spent money on Elfen Lied. :facepalm:
But hey, I like it. I don't think it's nearly as bad as most people say it is. Anyway, I've got to hand it to Amazon US. Their standard air mail lists an international delivery time of about 3-5 weeks, but I got this today even though it was only released a week ago. Wasn't expecting that.
The quality is, unfortunately, not that good. Hardly any better than a DVD, in fact. I suspected this might be the case in advance, as I've read that the Japanese blu-rays were just SD upscales, so the same could be expected for the US release. From viewing some bits, that certainly seems to be the case. However the quality is still a little better than a DVD, and this is the first English-translated release that includes the OVA, so I don't really regret it.
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 am

Now that my fourth Omnibus has arrived, I note that the tops of the spines spell out EVANGELION in such a way as to show that the four volumes were planned as a complete unit without provision for a fifth to complete the set.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:09 pm

my JoJo's all star battle and Tales of Vesperia ps3 version came in today
[URL=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/finalmessenger/media/IMG-20130912-00452_zpse8670b68.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/finalmessenger/media/IMG-20130912-00453_zpsc8a637e3.jpg.html][/URL]
time to get FABULOUS
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Paranoid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:40 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Now that my fourth Omnibus has arrived, I note that the tops of the spines spell out EVANGELION in such a way as to show that the four volumes were planned as a complete unit without provision for a fifth to complete the set.

God damnit. But how would it make sense to only release 85% of the series in omnibus format?
This is going to seriously piss me off if it's true. I don't own the original tankobons, and the thought of having 1-12 in omnibus format and 13-14 in tankobon is really, really annoying to me.
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Oh, I'm sure it'll come; but then they'll re-release the first four with new covers to match, so that everyone will feel the need to buy them again! - just you wait and see.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Mail from A389 Recordings:

Anne - Dream Punx

Nothing - Downward Years To Come

I ordered the clear pink variant of the second pressing of Dream Punx but they've sent me the purple instead. Hmph...
'Virginal Plight' will still be echoing through my apartment complex late this night regardless, other tenants be damned.

I can't sweat enough how fucking amazing Anne are though. Blissful meld of shoe-gaze, goth and (dark) wave. Whatever those words mean. I'm really liking the direction they've/he's (solo act now, IIRC) taken with the last couple 7" releases too. Far more synth-based New Order kind of sound, especially with those groovy bass lines.

Also got volume three of Hellboy; The Chained Coffin and Other Stories.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Now that my fourth Omnibus has arrived, I note that the tops of the spines spell out EVANGELION in such a way as to show that the four volumes were planned as a complete unit without provision for a fifth to complete the set.
This doesn't sit well with my autism. Weird they planned it that way.

My Gunbuster BD box came a few days ago, I'll try and take some pics tomorrow.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 pm

So, on the Touhou forum I go to, there's this guy that lives in Japan, and because of this offers a service to the forum where you can get loot from Japan from him - Touhou stuff or otherwise, at better prices than most of the import stores will grab you - you only pay for items and shipping.

Where am I going with this? Well, I used his services recently and I just got my stuff:

Perfect Cherry Blossom  SPOILER: Show

ImageImage

Mountain of Faith  SPOILER: Show

ImageImage

Double Dealing Character  SPOILER: Show

ImageImage

The Discs  SPOILER: Show

Two of my favorites and the newest one in the series. After having "owned" the first two, I now own the first two and the latest! I basically just jumped up a couple levels as a Touhou fan doing this. :yippee:

...Now to get beyond beating a game on Easy to be complete~ :lol:
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:41 pm

View Original PostOmegagouki wrote:...Now to get beyond beating a game on Easy to be complete~ :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P57CVNKQju4

Seriously though, that's a nice haul. Also, thanks for reminding me to play through the new game. Is the english patch out yet?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Sort of. Gensokyo.org, who is usually behind the patches seems to be defunct/not making them anymore at the moment; however, someone independent of that recently made an automatc patcher that translates things vi a different method.

...Unfortunately, the guy behind the program is also an utter douchebag that doesn't even like his own fandom, so I find the automatic patcher a questionable method at best. Unfortunately the only method as of current, though.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Here are the Gunbuster BD pics, these are a little better. This glorious thing doesn't have subs so I at least have something to practice listening comprehension with.

SPOILER: Show

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:59 pm

That's the Japanese BD I gather?

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:00 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:
SPOILER: Show
Ah! That girl on the left. She's already pretty as hell, why does she have to be doing that sexy thing with the scarf as well? Whyyy? :kensuke_drool:
Why did I just write that?
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:21 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:That's the Japanese BD I gather?
That's right. Bandai only released a BD for the movie in North America, for reasons I couldn't possibly understand.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:13 am

NIИ - Hesitation Marks [2xLP]

"I think I could
Lose myself in this"

True to their words, Reznor and Moulder cut another take again on the album expressly for the vinyl release. I've only given it a spin once yesterday, but there's this awesome "drift" between the mid-ranges and all the crazy stuff going on in the lower end of the spectrum. It is really subtle and when the thought first came to me, I was put off a little bit - But it's marvelous, as that space between the sections work perfectly in tandem (of course) creating an almost logical and blissful dissonance.

Moreover, could be better said as just good fucking definition between the respective sections, haha.
Sadly the C-side on my copy has some really weird surface noise going on, even after a good wipe with the micro-fiber cloth.

Packaging/presentation-wise? Love it. Love, love, love it. Layout and aesthetic, designed by Russell Mills, exactly like the TDS original and vinyl reissue, continuing on with the self-homage to that album not in content only (TDS 2xLP: 1, 2).

I've talked about how much I've been enjoying this album in the dedicated music thread: Easily best thing the Nails have put out since The Fragile. Hands down.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Ah! That girl on the left. She's already pretty as hell, why does she have to be doing that sexy thing with the scarf as well? Whyyy? :kensuke_drool:

Actually that's a hair ribbon. Look up Kazumi Amano. :wink:

As great as Noriko and Kazumi are, just realized that my favorite from the series may be the redhead, Jung Freud.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Every Wednesday, USF has what's called the "Bull Market" where there a lot of people peddling wares or advertising their clubs.

Today there was "Reason to Believe", an anti-evolution, pro-anthropic principal group handing out tracts. I got one of each tract.

They're absolutely beautiful. Never before have I seen so much bullshit condensed into so few pieces of paper. No disrespect to religious people, but I think "Science refutes Naturalistic Evolution and Affirms Biblical Creation" is a little much.

If anyone is interested, I'll post scans.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:21 pm

You gonna keep them or recycle them?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:32 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:You gonna keep them or recycle them?

I'll probably scan them then recycle them. I may post them in /r/religioustracts on reddit.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Well, the anthropic principle itself does have some uses. You can use it to affirm that it's not that remarkable that the universe has the physical constants necessary for life to emerge, since only such a universe would have life capable of observing these constants. Using the anthropic principle to affirm intelligent design is something completely different.

It's a shame this isn't the type of "bullshit" that can be used to fertilize farmland. Then it could at least be of some use....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”