Recent Hauls [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:37 am

Sounds awesome, Xard.

Say... you ever going to post that haul of stuff from while you were in Japan?
Voluntary Illusion.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 am

Xard, do you even have a PS3?

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 am

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 am

^
Suddenly I miss having a shot of a good one.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Say... you ever going to post that haul of stuff from while you were in Japan?

At this pace he won't be posting anything about the trip before I travel to Japan next year. :toothy:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Merridian: Late reply, but I'm glad you like your Sailor V manga. It makes me poka poka :rei_blush: when I can send (or buy, like that Tsuruya-san CD for Zappy-kun's birthday) things to other people that'll like it. I think it's important for things to mean something to somebody.

So, I'm packing up something to send to a bidder on Ebay (see my Ebay and Amazon links for U.S. folks who want to buy something!), Misato's theme plays on my phone, and what should suddenly arrive at my door but this? (Cell phone pics, don't mind.)

Cost me $12 (Plus S+H, forget how much that was) instead of free but I don't care, well worth it. This is so going next to my Japanese 2.22 BD.

Still waiting on the Eva & Eva2 Anthology and the All's Right With the World Doujinshi Anthology.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:35 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Xard, do you even have a PS3?

Well, at least he should have a stand-alone BD player, but actually I suspect that Xard is simply following his obsessive-compulsive love for this movie.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:54 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Sounds awesome, Xard.

it is...it does weight over 1kg though so shipping costs weren't the kindest. Oh well.

- Mini-key frame art collection

y'know, I just recently finally realized this means key frame collection instead of some "mini-keys" thing...I feel dumb now.

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Say... you ever going to post that haul of stuff from while you were in Japan?

taking pictures of all of it is suffering. By now I also have further e-hauls and LiLi's awesome package to post, gaaaahhh

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Xard, do you even have a PS3?

I was going to buy PS3 in Japan but it turned into such a hassle I settled for BD player instead and decided to buy PS3 in far future.

It doesn't matter though. If you insert the hybrid-BD into BD player it works like a normal BD. If you insert it in PS3 I get to choose whether I enter the "normal BD" mode or whether I want to play the game.

So yeah, I lack the means to play the game for now but I got it for the film anyway.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Cross-post more or less.

Sorry for the QUALITY, camera-phone and bad lighting in my room.

So, I got both my packages from Japan/ebay on the same day. :kawaii:

Today's recent hauls, part 2:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/sailorstardust/Fandom/0803112024.jpg

Eva & Eva2 anthology (see link, that's where I discuss this book) and the All's Right With The World anthology. It's funny, while God's in His Heaven has some serious stories mixed with comedy stories, All's Right is, like, 90% comedy stories. Maybe all the doujin-ka felt burned out from EoTV and EoE, so they decided to just let loose.

The Gainax-approved doujinshi anthologies side by side:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/sailorstardust/Fandom/0803112024a.jpg

Rei has issues... (Surprise surprise?) May or may not be disturbing, you've been warned:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/sailorstardust/Fandom/0803112102.jpg (Oh, look, Hiroyuki Utatane.)

God's In His Heaven (a friend gave it to me a few years back) has the Kiyohiko Azuma story about the pilots going to see fireworks while All's Right With the World has his Ayanami's Fans story, which is hilarious. :lol: All's Right also contains that "clone Shinji" story (translated a few years back by AT-kun) and some other things which have been posted/scanned in over the years.

They're good stuff.

Kasowaree
Adam

Postby Kasowaree » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 am

Just the new Batgirl Trade Finally picked up The Shinji Ikari Rising Project and the First Terra Trade. Plus a new Router.

Oh yeah and a 37 inch 1080p TV for my computer. The picture on it is great and the size is just massive but I'm lucky I use it for my computer cause the sound is just bullocks.

End of this month I'll be upgrading to a Six Core and DDR3 on my main PC, as I don't see anymore Steam or Games Workshop sales.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi4izfvXo4 Chameleon Circuit - An Awful Lot of Running
Scott Shaw Still A Massive Doucebag
I can now honestly say I've beaten vileSpanishiwa

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:56 pm

I got in my order from CDJapan today volumes 10 & 11 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Ecole du Ciel (since Tokyopop went kaput, I'll have to contine the story through the Japanese volumes. Now to translate it in some way). I also got two CDs. One is the soundtrack for Gundam Unicorn, and the second is for 2.22. I haven't listend to the 2.22 soundtrack yet, but I looked through the guidebook and there are some interesting things such as song lyrics in English (and I think one in German) plus they also included the sheet music for some of the songs too (I don't know much about music, but I'm assuming that these songs are arranged for piano).

Edit: Actually, it's on the Gundam Unicorn CD that one of the songs is in German. Sorry for the mistake.
Last edited by cyharding on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:55 am

Not exactly a "haul", but I finally have everything set up in the bigger room. There's still some junk lying around, but it's not going to change much from this.

SPOILER: Show

Finally the set-up is proper: PC, TV and DVD player in one package - and I can hook my Mac to it in a sec. Both sound and video go through the AV receiver/amp.
With the new shelves the scale of my DVD collection can be measured more easily. The small shelves on the sides ended up being empty because I thought the DVDs would take up more space in the bigger one. For the record, the first 3 shelves above the laptop are only Japanese (+ a few Asian) DVDs. And there's one more shelf below the laptop.
The screen is dark because it's currently hooked up to the system and I do everything via the bigger screen.
My messy desk, above which I have all the important notes and my J-Pop collection as it is right now.
The J-Pop collection:
[spoiler]From left to right:
Arai Yumi's Hikoukigumo
Charan po rantan's Tada, Sore dake
Happy End's Kazemachi Roman
FictionJunction's live CD
Laputa's OST
Kalafina's Seventh Heaven
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs' self-titled album
Mono's Hymn to the Immortal Wind
Number Girl's
- School Girl Distortional Addict
- Num-Ami-Dabutz
Oku Hanako's Koi Tegami
Perfume's
- Electro World
- Baby Cruising Love / Macaroni
- Game (album)
- Game Tour DVD
- Love the World
- One Room Disco
- Natural ni Koishite / Fushizen na Girl (regular AND first press editions)
- Voice
- Nee
- Laser Beam / Kasuka na Kaori
Salyu's
- Kokyuu (as Lily Chou-Chou)
- Terminal
Southern All Stars' Kamakura
Shiina Ringo's Muzai Moratorium
World's End Girlfriend's Seven Idiots
Yamaguchi Momoe's Fushicho Densetsu
Yura Yura Teikoku's Kudou desu

The poster - sans 5CPS which is in the hallway just outside my room:
Another shelf for my books and the rest of my music collection:
[/spoiler]
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Ordered Persona 4 at the beginning of this week and received it today. Haven't started playing it yet though. But I will. Probably going to listen to the soundtrack that came with it in a moment though.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:52 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:Not exactly a "haul", but I finally have everything set up in the bigger room. There's still some junk lying around, but it's not going to change much from this.

Nice room, Oz. I'd need another house/room and another brain to reach similar results... My room is always a big mess for a reason or another.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:24 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:Not exactly a "haul", but I finally have everything set up in the bigger room. There's still some junk lying around, but it's not going to change much from this.

Finally the set-up is proper: PC, TV and DVD player in one package - and I can hook my Mac to it in a sec. Both sound and video go through the AV receiver/amp.
With the new shelves the scale of my DVD collection can be measured more easily. The small shelves on the sides ended up being empty because I thought the DVDs would take up more space in the bigger one. For the record, the first 3 shelves above the laptop are only Japanese (+ a few Asian) DVDs. And there's one more shelf below the laptop.
The screen is dark because it's currently hooked up to the system and I do everything via the bigger screen.
My messy desk, above which I have all the important notes and my J-Pop collection as it is right now.
The J-Pop collection:
[spoiler]From left to right:
Arai Yumi's Hikoukigumo
Charan po rantan's Tada, Sore dake
Happy End's Kazemachi Roman
FictionJunction's live CD
Laputa's OST
Kalafina's Seventh Heaven
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs' self-titled album
Mono's Hymn to the Immortal Wind
Number Girl's
- School Girl Distortional Addict
- Num-Ami-Dabutz
Oku Hanako's Koi Tegami
Perfume's
- Electro World
- Baby Cruising Love / Macaroni
- Game (album)
- Game Tour DVD
- Love the World
- One Room Disco
- Natural ni Koishite / Fushizen na Girl (regular AND first press editions)
- Voice
- Nee
- Laser Beam / Kasuka na Kaori
Salyu's
- Kokyuu (as Lily Chou-Chou)
- Terminal
Southern All Stars' Kamakura
Shiina Ringo's Muzai Moratorium
World's End Girlfriend's Seven Idiots
Yamaguchi Momoe's Fushicho Densetsu
Yura Yura Teikoku's Kudou desu

The poster - sans 5CPS which is in the hallway just outside my room:
Another shelf for my books and the rest of my music collection:
[/spoiler]

I like it... No, like isn't the right word to describe it.

Damn lovely. One helluva perfect place to live in, a thinker's home. :D

Maybe next month I'll be living in a loft, except this is the same spartan room that I used back in college: it's small, with pretty much limited movement, ventilation and space, but what the hell, it's better for me going indie without having to put up with my sister's tendencies on a day-to-day basis.

Asides from keeping only the essentials that I actually need, I'll add up some additional electrical wiring, insulation into the ceiling, and nail in some plywood sheets should I have enough cash for renovation, to make it easier for me to clean up; the fewer snags and knick-knacks, the better.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 pm

This post comes in audio form:
http://www.evamonkey.com/yeti.mp3

On account of buying this guy:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/651903-REG/Blue_YETI_Yeti_THX_Certified_USB_Condenser.html

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Awesome microphone there, Monkey. Very clear sound which is another plus.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

It's rather phallic, isn't it?

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Image

Nice mic, though I couldn't hear most of the post because my QuickTime's screwing up. What are you planning to use it for?

Also, nice wallpaper. Identical to mine.
It's even cropped the same way. :chinscratch:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: It's rather phallic, isn't it?

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Nice mic, though I couldn't hear most of the post because my QuickTime's screwing up. What are you planning to use it for?

Skype, the occasional podcast interview/appearance. Maybe voice over for game reviews, machinima, etc. Dunno just yet.

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Also, nice wallpaper. Identical to mine.
It's even cropped the same way. :chinscratch:

There's actually a bit more going on. I have the laptop and a secondary display:

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=484440#484440

I almost forgot, I also picked up some things from Otakon. A friend of mine from my college anime society got me a Petit Eva themed bag, and my girlfriend got me some Mari chopsticks.

I might have also acquired a Panasonic 3DO... :bigeyes:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Nice room, Oz.

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Damn lovely. One helluva perfect place to live in, a thinker's home. :D

Thanks. ^_^ I still need to sort out the PC, though, since it's a mess after being used for 2 years in a row and then I left it unused for 6 months.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”