General RML Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:05 pm

@Oz
The Pictures Thread awaits...

View Original PostDream wrote:and i looked for the seat in the back corner of the class i used the last time (Some habits never die it seems)
You need to choose the window seat, half-way back. That way you get to meet the mysterious girl who will take you to a world of adventure.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 pm

A rather minor thing but a really good one... I got to eat lunch with my family at the table today and it wasn't hateful or akward... It seems that at least for now my life will be a normal, happy and peaceful one.

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:You need to choose the window seat, half-way back. That way you get to meet the mysterious girl who will take you to a world of adventure.

:lol: Yeah, hopefully someone like Haruhi.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:09 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:You need to choose the window seat, half-way back. That way you get to meet the mysterious girl who will take you to a world of adventure.

Speaking as a MC seater in all classes myself, that was definitely not like my Chinese cartoons.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Choose at your own risk -- the administration is not responsible for the consequences of your decision. Limited time offer. Some restrictions apply.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 am

Got my laptop back from tech support this morning. It's running beautifully. The hard drive wasn't failing at all, but they replaced parts of the heatsink, the PC board, and the bezel.

Also, I finally made some time to write in my blog.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:14 pm

I´m on Summer vacation, wich is great.

And I´ve been reading more books than usual despite their ridiculous prices
(usualy around 25€-30€)

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 pm

The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I guess I haven't been on that much lately, so Sorry Guys. :sweatdrop:

However, let me explain my absence before things get nasty! You guys remember about that Job Shadowing problem I was having a few weeks ago? Well, I finally called one more place to shadow, and you can guess what just happened yesterday? The clinic called me, and asked me today to come in to apply! YES!! FINALLY!

Oh! And guess what type of clinic I'm Job Shadowing at? The Veteran's Affairs Medical Center of my State! :w00: Things are looking up, finally!
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Congratulations xanderkh, Finding a job in this job market is hard I'm glad you're job situation is stable.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Job is good, so congrats!
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 pm

So yeah the other week I summoned the demon from the goetia Dantalion and had him activate my telepathy. Since then my power has skyrocketed, someday no one will be able to stop me! I will be the STRONGEST IN THE UNIVERSE! NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO STOP ME!

But yeah it's been pretty cool, cuz I can talk to stuff that people can't see now. And theyve been teaching me how to do cool stuff like open up portals and kill people with energy attacks. But yeah I've been thinking of taking my services professional, maybe charge like 100$ to rid haunted houses of malevolent entities. So if any entities are jacking your cracker just hit me up and we can negotiate a deal...cuz I'm a mercenery now, a gun for hire...(puts on sunglasses) :cthulhu:
Last edited by Defectron on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Congratulation, xanderkh.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:20 am

Guest wrote:Dude, you are a freaking genius. Your writing is schizophrenically hilarious and dark. It reminds me of Vonnegut-whom I love dearly.

After reading some of the other reviews, I was relieved to find that I am not the only one who doesn't understand what's going on. But, in this instance, I don't think that's a bad thing. Please continue writing this, if for no other reason than to keep me in that nauseatingly brilliant state between laughing-on-the-floor and gazing-at-the-screen-like-a-stoner.

P.S., that whole paragraph about the photons was awesome and I am writing it down to preserve it in case I never read this chapter again.

WritingWithoutWarning wrote:This is one of those moments where you sit for a few minutes after its over and eventually you utter two words, which, while simple, sum up the entire experience.

"... the fuck?"

This was strange, to say the least. You bounce back and forth like a ping pong ball on crack, ricocheting off its own hallucinations. There's a story line in there somewhere, enough that you get a gist of what is going on, but you're left questioning if that gist is, in fact, anywhere near correct.

In short, brilliant mate, Bloody Brilliant.

Just as long as the rest of the story isn't quite as mindfuckery as your opening chapter, this promises be a rather interesting story.

:hint-hint:
Leave Shinji alone

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:14 pm

The portuguese Idols are near their end! No longer will I have to listen to idiotic kids that only sing crappy songs :woohoo:

RML
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Found a program that lets me extract audio from video in a convenient way. Not that it took me long once I decided that I should actually just look for one instead of thinking about how I could do it with programs I already have.

Long story short, now I can rip off the RZA by sampling sound clips from kung fu movies.
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:03 pm

As a little accident among the KS leak, i got the Ren'Py program/application, when i heard a bit of what it was for i became kinda interested, then i looked up some quick-start guides and other manuals and... I actually had a bit of fun in learning and making a bit of content. Even more, i only pulled my hair in frustration once at the code, a rather amazing achievement for the "programing language" if someone as dumb as me can get it :lol: And for some reason i found particular joy with the variables part. Materials (Images, writing, music, etc.) aside, making a visual novel with this wouldn't be exactly impossible.

:w00:

For some reason this makes me really happy. Makes me think of the "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman quote.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Hmmm. I will have to look into it further, as I haven't yet figured out how to use it. I'm such a dinosaur when it comes to such things . . .

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Who has two thumbs and won't be serving jury duty this week?

This guy!

Now I can stay up late watching kung fu movies tonight.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Good for you. I knew they'd probably kick you loose.
Last edited by child of Lilith on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:[s]Goof[/s] Good for you. I knew they'd probably kick you loose.

Because he's a Skirt-Chasing Mobster? :heehee:
Voluntary Illusion.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”