General RML Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Yesterday I had an operation for the removal of my wisdom teeth. Lots of soft foods, such as apple puree, ice-cream in sachets and soft croissants. Feeling better today, but not going out anywhere because I'm in the puffer-fish face stage of my recovery. Should be fine to start Winter Term on Tuesday.
Been there, got the T-shirt ( wish I got I t-shirt at least) hurts like hell especially when the pain meds wear out in the middle of night.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 am

My wisdom teeth removal experience was so uneventful that I can't even remember much about it other than that my older brother and I watched movies, which is something I very rarely do. I remember watching Dodge Ball. I'm not sure if we even watched anything else, actually. I don't remember it being very painful at all.

Especially not compared to what I went through after my septoplasty.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Yesterday I had an operation for the removal of my wisdom teeth. Lots of soft foods, such as apple puree, ice-cream in sachets and soft croissants. Feeling better today, but not going out anywhere because I'm in the puffer-fish face stage of my recovery. Should be fine to start Winter Term on Tuesday.

You get all of them out? Did you go under or were you awake?

I only got my bottom ones out as I'd previously had some molars removed up top so that the wisdom teeth could slide in and take their place. It was pretty sucky, but the pain was fine, I was out and about at the shops doing stuff later the same day. I went completely under though, which is an interesting experience, and fell asleep watching High Fidelity at home afterwards as I probably still had some of the drugs in my system. Also, you lose memory of events well before going under and it was a while before I got them all back. Eating was annoying, food kept getting stuck under the sutures, I think I mostly ended up eating room temp scrambled eggs and omelettes. Had a sore throat for weeks though, as they have to stick a breathing tube up your nose and down your throat which scraped up my throat nicely.
Anyway, good luck with that EvaFan.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:20 am

Re: Fazmotron  SPOILER: Show
View Original PostFazmotron wrote:You get all of them out? Did you go under or were you awake?

I had all of them out, and I was under via intravanous anaesthetic. The operation went for about an hour.

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:I only got my bottom ones out as I'd previously had some molars removed up top so that the wisdom teeth could slide in and take their place. It was pretty sucky, but the pain was fine, I was out and about at the shops doing stuff later the same day.

I am not sure how long I stayed out after the operation had finished, but I can tell you that as I came to I became alert rather soon and spent the next hour or so talking to my mother, who took yesterday and today off from work to help me at home. As you said it isn't the best - yesterday I had some bleeding on the way home and a little in the afternoon but otherwise was only bothered by leftover numbness of my lower face, overnight I regained feeling and today I've been applying a cold pack to my face every few hours to ease the swelling.

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:I went completely under though, which is an interesting experience, and fell asleep watching High Fidelity at home afterwards as I probably still had some of the drugs in my system. Also, you lose memory of events well before going under and it was a while before I got them all back.

I experienced a warm feeling/flowing through my extremities and chest as the anaesthesisa entered my body through my left arm, and although I didn't have any dreams during the surgery I did have a 'vision', but it was 'momentary' - more on that later if anyone wants to know. Also, I had initially told the anaesthetist that no-one in my family had a history of problems with anaesthesisa but as I found out on the way home my mother had had to vomit after a few operations she had in the past until one time when she did say that she had trouble before. But no, I had none of that.

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Also, you lose memory of events well before going under and it was a while before I got them all back.

I didn't have this experience. I remembered walking into the operating room, sitting down, getting blood pressure check and the tourniquet done and also saying hi to the dental surgeon no more than ten seconds before I went out. Not to say that I thought about this right after waking up - no, when I woke up I was more interested in seeing how I was mentally and physically, so much so that I asked for a pen and paper with which I began to do derivitatives from first principles, and also tried to remember the microsoft font sample sentence [size=10]('the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog', but I only got stuck at 'the lazy brown fox jumps over the ___ fence") which helped. Looking back today I realised I made a mistake with the math I attempted, but I realised my error and why I had made it - but then again, I hadn't done that sort of math in over three years, so...

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Eating was annoying, food kept getting stuck under the sutures, I think I mostly ended up eating room temp scrambled eggs and omelettes. Had a sore throat for weeks though, as they have to stick a breathing tube up your nose and down your throat which scraped up my throat nicely.
Anyway, good luck with that EvaFan.

I've been eating soft foods. At the hospital they gave me water, apple juice, apple puree, soft ice cream and an icy pole, and with the exception of croissants during the day and mince + puree'd vegetables with pasta or rice I've been following that example. I haven't had a sore throat and I probably didn't have to have a breathing tube, but after the surgery I found some thin red marks down my right arm that weren't there before - my mother said I might have been scratching myself, but it doesn't look like it, and the marks didn't wash out in the shower either.

Thanks for the support, Faz.

Re: KnightmareX13  SPOILER: Show
View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Been there, got the T-shirt ( wish I got I t-shirt at least) hurts like hell especially when the pain meds wear out in the middle of night.

T-Shirt? Even if there was a t-shirt I probably wouldn't want one. I haven't had any 'pain' per se, just a dull ache here or there which I suppose I can attribute to a fairly consistent run of pain meds... I did have trouble getting to sleep last night though, kept waking up whenever I got close, but I had a cold glass of milk and that saw me get some sleep.

Re: Monk Ed  SPOILER: Show
View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:My wisdom teeth removal experience was so uneventful that I can't even remember much about it other than that my older brother and I watched movies, which is something I very rarely do. I remember watching Dodge Ball. I'm not sure if we even watched anything else, actually. I don't remember it being very painful at all.

Aside from talking so much on the drive home that my gums bled a bit, it has been very uneventful. It has been good though as I've been able to spend time with my mother; I've been introducing her to Minecraft - first by catching up with some Let's Play vids out in the lounge room (where I've been sitting most of yesterday and today), and this afternoon I showed her the game on my computer. It's been good talking to her about other stuff too, as for everything else, I've just been playing a bit of Pokemon and watching TV.

Cheers for the replies and support guys! ^_^
Voluntary Illusion.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:04 am

Yeah, I've been there. Apparently I'm some sort of mutant because I had 5 of them, and thy all had to come out to stop them from screwing up my teeth that my braces had just finished fixing. They knocked me out but apparently screwed up the dosage because I woke up in the middle of the procedure to find someone going to town on my mouth with a chisel and little hammer. Afterwards I puffed up like a blowdried hamster for a few days and drove myself nearly crazy trying to make my tongue leave the loose end of a stitch alone, but the pain wasn't all that bad.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:24 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:They knocked me out but apparently screwed up the dosage because I woke up in the middle of the procedure to find someone going to town on my mouth with a chisel and little hammer.

Straight out of my worst nightmares before any impending surgery.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 pm

I haven't had my wisdom teeth come in yet, but supposedly one in the back is starting to. I hope (assuming it comes in painfully) they'd be able to catch it fast enough.

I know with some back teeth (top and bottom), I only have 3. I found out because they needed to do something with adding fillings at some point (they were slightly cracked or some such thing).

Evafan: Good luck!

Monk Ed: Best of luck with pursuing your dreams! :)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:39 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:
Re: KnightmareX13  SPOILER: Show

T-Shirt? Even if there was a t-shirt I probably wouldn't want one. I haven't had any 'pain' per se, just a dull ache here or there which I suppose I can attribute to a fairly consistent run of pain meds... I did have trouble getting to sleep last night though, kept waking up whenever I got close, but I had a cold glass of milk and that saw me get some sleep.

I was joking about T-shirt I did get one from my orthodontist when I got braces. My experience was pain free for the first 24 hours but after that was a dull throbbing pain, mostly dull but would sometimes be sharp. Tylenol did the trick.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm

As part of my application process I had to take a timed online test today to prove my knowledge of C++. I did what prep and refreshers I could, because I haven't used C++ in any serious capacity since 2007, but I turned out far rustier than I realized and wound up taking three times the allotted time as I struggled to translate the .NET C# code that was occurring in my head into standard C++ for the test. I get the feeling I'm not even going to make it to an in-person interview.

And I'm not fazed in the least by that idea.

Before that life-changing interview I might have been discouraged by this turn of events. But now, it's like nothing to me -- it's not like I get only one chance. If I have to wait a few months before applying again, fine, but I'm very certain about what I'm doing now. I no longer fear failure. (More importantly, I also no longer fear my brother.)
System Administrator

Fazmotron

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:19 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I experienced a warm feeling/flowing through my extremities and chest as the anaesthesisa entered my body through my left arm, and although I didn't have any dreams during the surgery I did have a 'vision', but it was 'momentary' - more on that later if anyone wants to know.
I remembered walking into the operating room, sitting down, getting blood pressure check and the tourniquet done and also saying hi to the dental surgeon no more than ten seconds before I went out. Not to say that I thought about this right after waking up - no, when I woke up I was more interested in seeing how I was mentally and physically

I didn't have any of that. It was a few years ago now, and my memories are still pretty terrible, but I do remember going to a prep room to change and being told to brush my teeth and not to swallow any water, then I got an injection and got wheeled into the theatre on a bed (I think I had to slide over onto the operating table, I'm not sure), then they gassed me and I was out, I didn't get any IVs put in or anything till after I was unconscious. I didn't have any dreams or anything like that, I just woke up in a comfy chair with no memory of doing any of that stuff I just mentioned, though I knew where I was and why I was there and everything. So, in my comfy chair in the hospital, I remember getting jelly and something to drink, I still had my IV in, which was eventually taken out and after I was lucid I left with my Dad. (I think).
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:14 am

Ah, I didn't get an IV... just some gas. The only time I had IV anesthesia is when I had what was left of my appendix removed after the damned thing tried to kill me. I don't recall any feeling of heat... just being awake one moment and being awake again in a different room the next, like a dreamless night of sleep that leaves you not the slightest bit refreshed.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:06 pm

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1337/49/1337493327880.png

I counted, 574 slots. :lol: :rofl: :hitthetable:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:37 am

The idea of harems always baffles me. It's hard enough keeping one person happy, but a half-dozen? Madness. And 574?!? :uhh:

I know, I know. I'm treating them like people, which means I'm doing it wrong. But still.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 am

Oh shit, that brings back memories when I was fifteen and had to take them out. My cheeks were looking like there were some hugeass stones attached to them.
I know the feeling pal, it will pass though, it's not THAT bad, so good luck with the recovery, hard part is out already so.

rml news, I passed one of the 4 Plato exams we got without much studying. Man, I can't get myself to properly study since middle school was over, procrastinating and having daydreams while supposed to study always wins in the end.
Oh well, all's well that ends well, sometimes we gotta rely on our luck and having studied 20 pages out of 100 and most of the questions coming from said 20 pages, that's a sweet deal there.

Oh and one of my two dogs stopped humping the poor pillows on the floor. Weird rml-material but hey, I suppose that's slow progress.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

ianfreddie07
Embryo

Postby ianfreddie07 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Currently watching Formula 1, and daaaaaaaaamn. How unlucky can Michael Schumacher get? :fistshake:
Crispy bacon.

"But you didn't have to cut me off!" - Tree

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Got a basic grasp on FlashDeveloper and Action Script 3 with flixel, so I just took an open source space invaders game,
changed lines, values, classes and sprites to my liking and made it an eva-themed space invaders-type game!
The Java I've learnt in school has actually become useful for something, yayyy

Battle of Tokyo-3

Yeah, it's shit.

Now I only need to figure out how to put pictures(obviously not nekkid Rei) in the background and music into it...
I think I found a pretty neat timesink there.
:lol:

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:20 pm

View Original Postianfreddie07 wrote:Currently watching Formula 1, and daaaaaaaaamn. How unlucky can Michael Schumacher get? :fistshake:

Michael Schumacher is still racing?

I thought he was done decades ago... He was freaking amazing.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah, he made a comeback 2 years ago.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:28 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Michael Schumacher is still racing?

I thought he was done decades ago... He was freaking amazing.

Decades ago? He retired in 2006. Came back in 2010. He hasn't done well though since he's came out of retirement, though he's had some moments.

Edit: Got German ninja'd. Which reminds me to watch G Gundam...
Last edited by Tankred on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I thought he retired in '03. But his LOA would explain why he isn't doing too well. To add, driving races do take quite a toll on your body, contrary to popular belief.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”