General RML Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Went out discount shopping, and came home with:

one marked-down pair of USB game controllers (to go along with PSEXE 1.70)
    a bunch of blank DVDs
    a Bluetooth adapter (for file transfers with my phone)
    stereo sockets (got myself to mod the front end of my casing, to build a DIY FP audio out so that I don't have to go around the back to switch between the speaker and headphones)
    and thermal compound for the CPU.
Last edited by soul.assassin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:52 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Woah I never could of ever imagined a pony doing that (remind me never to mess with ponies)

God, they're only ponies.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:13 pm

I remembered the code (it was a really easy code to can’t believe I forgot it) to my PS3’s parental controls so I was able to watch unicorn 3 (it looked gorgeous on my T.V.)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:55 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:I remembered the code (it was a really easy code to can’t believe I forgot it) to my PS3’s parental controls so I was able to watch unicorn 3 (it looked gorgeous on my T.V.)

yay! move gundam UC for you. :)
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:02 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:God, they're only ponies.
Still in denial, I see.

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:I remembered the code (it was a really easy code to can’t believe I forgot it) to my PS3’s parental controls so I was able to watch unicorn 3 (it looked gorgeous on my T.V.)
You should just turn off the parental controls. It's not like you need them.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Being here on the site, I've helped make a friend. She claimed that she never had friends that much in her life, so I volunteered to be her friend (cause no one should be without a friend) and we have chatted every night for about a month. Yesterday, just before she left, she said to me that I've helped brighten up her life and that she's begun to smile more...Wow.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 pm

My Spanish teacher said we may watch the Latin American dub of Eva.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:44 pm

I had a Whopper for the first time today.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

John
Adam

Postby John » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:51 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:My Spanish teacher said we may watch the Latin American dub of Eva.

I've watched it (Since I can read, write, hear and talk like 80% of spanish, MORE THAN MY ENGLISH), you're not going to like it, too monotonous. Latin Shinji, scream more goddamn it! (But Latin Serious Kaji is quite awesome)

Here is an example if someone can understand it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmnyRFN_omU
We'll destroy everything , and we'll keep destroying it until it looks like all the bad things -all the sad things- never even happened at all.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Shinji's screams were bad, but the rest was decent.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:09 pm

We really need a Shinji scream compilation across all languages.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

John
Adam

Postby John » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:15 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:We really need a Shinji scream compilation across all languages.

Sadly, I can't find Latin EoE, it seems it was never dubbed in Latin American spanish, only Iberian Spanish (Spanish from Spain)
We'll destroy everything , and we'll keep destroying it until it looks like all the bad things -all the sad things- never even happened at all.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:11 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:I had a Whopper for the first time today.
How was it?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:41 am

^ I think the bigger question is, "why wait so long to have one?"

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Being here on the site, I've helped make a friend. She claimed that she never had friends that much in her life, so I volunteered to be her friend (cause no one should be without a friend) and we have chatted every night for about a month. Yesterday, just before she left, she said to me that I've helped brighten up her life and that she's begun to smile more...Wow.

Congrats, man. Earning good karma always feels good, doesn't it?

View Original PostTrajan wrote:We really need a Shinji scream compilation across all languages.

...I won't toss around the word 'epic', but this is just the idea that might justify it. It would be very impressive, I'll put it that way.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:How was it?

Well, she did post this in the "RML" thread.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:50 am

Congrats, man. Earning good karma always feels good, doesn't it?

Yeah, it really does. :smirk:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:03 am

Got to see Akira on a big screen during a film festival here.

Fuck Yea.

It's one of those movies that really deserve being watched properly in a cinema. The art and animation are just mind boggingly amazing. There were more people there than I expected, around 20-25.. It was funny when people entered together and started saying to each other "Tetsuo!! Kaneda!!!", heh. Didn't think I'd hear that irl

And now the number of anime movies I've seen in a cinema is up to 2 :hahaha:

They're are also screening Oshii's "The Sky Crawlers", but I'm not sure if I'll go or not. I'd kill to watch Disappearance in the cinema :crybaby:

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:44 am

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Being here on the site, I've helped make a friend. She claimed that she never had friends that much in her life, so I volunteered to be her friend (cause no one should be without a friend) and we have chatted every night for about a month. Yesterday, just before she left, she said to me that I've helped brighten up her life and that she's begun to smile more...Wow.
Nice work. I'm sure you've helped her more than you expect.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 am

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Got to see Akira on a big screen during a film festival here.

[...]

They're are also screening Oshii's "The Sky Crawlers", but I'm not sure if I'll go or not.
I am jealous, having the opportunity to see two of my favorite animated films on the big screen with only 20-25 people in the audience... "Fuck Yea" is right. I bet that was a sweet experience.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:13 pm

View Original PostMerridian wrote:two of my favorite animated films

Interesting.. Chances I'll go to Sky Crawlers has just risen by 59%.

(The other movie I've seen was Rebuild 1.0, by the way. I'm not sure which one was more entertaining.. seeing motherfucking NGE on the big screen is incredible, although in both cases I've watched the movies several times prior to watching it in the cinema. )

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”