FML General Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Gah, all this bilingual chatter makes me sad that I suck at learning new languages.

Beside the point, I have to take the ACT on Saturday and am having a hard time getting motivated.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:56 pm

I think in whatever language I'm using at the moment, in this case it's English, at school I think I think more in German, and when talking to my mom I think with Chinese. However other languages I know will interfere with my thought processes, thus messing up the "translation" of thoughts into words.

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Gah, all this bilingual chatter makes me sad that I suck at learning new languages.

Bilingual? We've had German, Japanese, then Chinese here already.

Beside the point, I have to take the ACT on Saturday and am having a hard time getting motivated.

The ACT aint much harder than the SAT. Just take a couple of practice tests and you should be fine.

By Bavaria, do you mean Bayern?

yes. The landscape there is more beautiful but the language is very...incomprehensible. I get the feeling that women there look better though.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:10 pm

On Topic:

Came back home from a horrible public screening in Vienna of Rebuild 1.0.
Yes, the dark theatrical version where you see absolutely nothing.
The dub was in german and actually was on the level I expecte, but they got the honorifics HORRIBLY wrong.
"Du musst den Eva steuern, Shinji-kin!"

Shinji
FUCKING
KIN

WHY.

It´s not even a one-time error, they actually change from -kun and -kin back and forth throughout the entire movie however they pleased, leaving me very confused.
Also, open-air screenings are noisy.
And people laugh at the strangest moments. (Rei HAS BEWBS LOLOLOLOLOL)
And they won´t stop commenting everything.

Why post in the FML thread, you say?
All the tables were filled so I had to sit on the grass.
Guess what, I caught a cold.

FML

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm

being eva fan is suffering

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:48 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:being eva fan is suffering

That's our Xard!
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 pm

My insurance company apparently doesn't want to cover my psychiatry bills, even though they gave me a referral and gave me the okay to see the psychiatrist I've been seeing, and the psychiatrist I've been seeing accepts my insurance.

Motherfuckers. That's $851 that I don't have.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:31 am

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:Eigentlich nicht, aber Amerika kenn ich schon seit 18 Jahre, Deutschland erst etwa zehn Monate. ich habe gerade angefangen, hier wohl zu fühlen und jetzt muss ich weg. Weg von den schönen Städten, weg von der deutschen Sprache, weg von den ayrischen Mädels... :D Also noch ein Jahr hätte ich gern.

ところで、外国語はここで禁止のではないか?

例外もあるよ!日本語なら大丈夫! :)

Leaving the beautiful Germany and its fair Mädels is truly sad, but it is nothing compared to leave the center of the world called Tokyo Japan :-( And the 女の子 there are more than the match for die Mädchen I am sure ;-)

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:Bilingual? We've had German, Japanese, then Chinese here already.

I read a recent science article that bilingual education at a young age changed the brain permanently, helping the function of conflict resolution and logical thinking, and may even delay the onset of Alzheimer's later in life:
http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/front/article/1411626

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Came back home from a horrible public screening in Vienna of Rebuild 1.0.
*snip*
Why post in the FML thread, you say?
All the tables were filled so I had to sit on the grass.
Guess what, I caught a cold.

FML

Public screening of Eva Rebuild? Outdoor? Sounds magnificent!! (though I am sorry for your experience) I don't think it has even taken place in Japan either. Vienna seems to have frequent outdoor screenings and concerts. Last time I went there there was outdoor events every day somewhere around die Ringstraße in the whole week...
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:My insurance company apparently doesn't want to cover my psychiatry bills, even though they gave me a referral and gave me the okay to see the psychiatrist I've been seeing, and the psychiatrist I've been seeing accepts my insurance.

Motherfuckers. That's $851 that I don't have.
What a bunch of jerks. Is there nothing you can do about this?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 am

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:That's our Xard!

That was my natural reacion to IO's post :lol:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:20 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Public screening of Eva Rebuild? Outdoor? Sounds magnificent!! (though I am sorry for your experience) I don't think it has even taken place in Japan either. Vienna seems to have frequent outdoor screenings and concerts. Last time I went there there was outdoor events every day somewhere around die Ringstraße in the whole week...

It wasn´t THAT bad, I was just kind of angry yesterday.

Pics:

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:53 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:It wasn´t THAT bad, I was just kind of angry yesterday.

So another film week! Just like the one I came across when I was in Wien last time...

Is the park near die Ringstraße?

It even has Godzilla, GitS and Casshern...
Omoshiroi...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:00 am

Nah, it´s near the Gürtel, I think.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:26 am

Recently I've been bored, lonely and lost, so I decided to get an IRC client and go on #EGF. I've been on for nine minutes, and no-one has said anything, not even Fuyutski-bot. I'll just politely assume you're all meditating and stay quiet T.T
Voluntary Illusion.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 am

My room totally kills my ability to write. It seems as though when I leave my room, I'm full of ideas, yet when I'm in it, I forget all my ideas.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:12 am

Have you tried re-decorating your room?
Voluntary Illusion.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:54 am

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:My room totally kills my ability to write. It seems as though when I leave my room, I'm full of ideas, yet when I'm in it, I forget all my ideas.

Is your computer in your room? that could play a big part in it. Also, take a notebook when you go outside so that you can keep whatever ideas come to mind.

例外もあるよ!日本語なら大丈夫!

それはそうです。 

Leaving the beautiful Germany and its fair Mädels is truly sad, but it is nothing compared to leave the center of the world called Tokyo Japan :-( And the 女の子 there are more than the match for die Mädchen I am sure ;-)

Yeah I can imagine. I'll see if I can't do some sort of exchange in Japan when I'm in college.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:51 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:And the 女の子 there are more than the match for die Mädchen I am sure ;-)

If Leo goes in college exchange to Japan shouldn't he stick to 女? 女の子 sounds a bit YABAI :tongue:

one thing I got to say about Japanese women is that they really are short. And as I understand people on Tokyo are longer than Japanese on average!

I've been feeling somewhat down :dejected:

[URL=http://img651.imageshack.us/i/sniffx.jpg/]Image[/URL]

I found this cute little fledgling Magpie next to my house day before yesterday. It couldn't fly and looked pretty lost and pitiful. I immeaditly became really sad because I realized its chances of survival were probably really low. It was given some water and bird food and then it was left alone for a while. When I came back outside about half hour later it was nowhere to be seen.

Then yesterday morning it was dead on the grass close to the spot where I first saw it. I have no idea what had happened, had it been sick, did the heat get it or was it attacked by some animal (it had few feathers on its head by the time it was found...) but dead it was in any case. It was buried close to flower bench.

I felt pretty sad about that all day :(

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:08 am

View Original PostXard wrote:If Leo goes in college exchange to Japan shouldn't he stick to 女? 女の子 sounds a bit YABAI :tongue:

女の子 just means young woman. No loli connotation at all so he should be safe.

View Original PostXard wrote: I've been feeling somewhat down :dejected:
*snip*
dead it was in any case. It was buried close to flower bench.

I felt pretty sad about that all day :(

At least it died a relatively quick death. Seems it had already been sick or wounded quite much. Did you bury it?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:女の子 just means young woman. No loli connotation at all so he should be safe.

well yeah, but onna no ko/girl makes me think of I don't know, high schoolers first :P

View Original Postsymbv wrote:At least it died a relatively quick death. Seems it had already been sick or wounded quite much. Did you bury it?

Yeah. Stuff like that makes me sad and I'm especially fond of birds. Always have been. Which might be a bit surprising given how much I've always disliked squirrels and rabbits - I don't hate animals in general -o-;

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 pm

@Reichu
I know it’s kind of pointless to make a post this late and I know my opinion doesn’t count for much in any case, but I certainly don’t think of you as having had no influence on things and you certainly shouldn’t think of yourself that way. I’m sure things will ultimately play out well in the end.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”