Sports

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:42 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I was gonna watch the Superb Owl, then I saw that Harry Potter was on ABC Family. Choice seemed obvious to me. :lol:

Hoot hoot! Nice catch. *recorded*
Set phasers to thrill.

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm not watching the superbowl, watching Sailor Moon and Eva instead.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

and yes this thread is about sports/fitness you play/do

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:54 pm

I play social Lawn Bowls on Saturdays, though more often when University isn't on.
Voluntary Illusion.

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:04 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I'm not watching the superbowl, watching Sailor Moon and Eva instead.

A finer choice, to be sure. It's turning out to be a stomp anyway. I feel a little bad for the Broncos.
Set phasers to thrill.

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:53 pm

View Original PostChainsaw Owl wrote:A finer choice, to be sure. It's turning out to be a stomp anyway. I feel a little bad for the Broncos.

I have my days where I'm like screw TV, I'm watching anime. :D Sailor Moon and Eva sure beat sports, plus Sailor Moon is a show where I can just pull up a favorite episode and relax. :D

On topic, I hope the Olympics get held in Tokyo someday, we all know that Eva, Sailor Moon, and Madoka Magica, will probably be parodied at the opening ceremony. :lol:

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby heavytread » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:08 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:On topic, I hope the Olympics get held in Tokyo someday, we all know that Eva, Sailor Moon, and Madoka Magica, will probably be parodied at the opening ceremony. :lol:

Don't forget Voltron we all know it'll happen one way or another :lol:

On topic
I don't normally watch the super bowl but from my moms angry yelling and the last time I was out their yikes the bronchos are taking a beating.

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 am

46-8

Jesus...Where was Denver's offense? Manning and Welker did fine, but the rest of them...man...

I was rooting for Seattle (the closest I have to a hometown team) but goddamn that was painful to watch.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:38 pm

IMO Payton Manning got what he deserved for beating the Bears in Super Bowl XLI and for starring in multiple unfunny commercials for one of the worst mass market pizza chains in the USA. :tongue:
I really dislike the Seahawks as well, so I'm glad that even though they won, the game was so boring that everyone is going to forget about it. Hopefully next years Super Bowl will feature at least one team I can root for(hopefully Bears and/or Tom Brady).

Bring on the baseball season and the World Cup, so that instead of being disappointed in the Bears I can be disappointed in the White Sox and the USMNT :rolleyes: ^_^ :rolleyes:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:52 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:On topic, I hope the Olympics get held in Tokyo someday

Tokyo will host the olympic games in 2020.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:29 pm

That game wad hilarious. As a fellow Badger, I wanted to see Russell Wilson win, but man, that was way more than I expected. What a defense!

(But srsly Bruno Mars should have been named MVP holy crap what a performance. I'm pretty certain he was on field longer than the Broncos' offense.)

I'm excited for the Olympics and the World Cup. Can't wait to see Kim Yuna skate and be disappointed in England again.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:46 pm

I can't wait for the 2020 Olympics. I may even be living in Japan during that time! As to the super bowl, I was in Disneyland. I regret nothing. :lol:

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Arrowhead. BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 am

I live in Colorado. Super Bowl? All I can say is damnnn, Broncos did not get their money's worth with Manning.

But, hey, what do I care? I'm a Chief's fan. BP
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

MisatoCrush
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MisatoCrush » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:19 am

dude, Peyton Manning just put up 1 of the best seasons in history for the quarterback position.
yeah he failed in the superbowl, but his reg season stats more than justify what the broncos paid for him.
I watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV show and films for the 1st time in January 2014. Heartbreakingly sad but so beautiful too. I'm here to discuss theories about what happened in the show.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:15 am

Aaahhh... just itching in anticipation to see Kim Yuna in action again. Might have to change my avatar in honor of her.

But seriously I'm so sick of hearing the NBC people pronounce her name "yoo-na" or "유나" when it's supposed to be "yeon-ah" or "연아." The announcer at the stadium at least got it right, if you can hear her in the background.

Actually, I'm sick of hearing the NBC people in general. They really need to make a way to filter their voices out.
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:12 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:But seriously I'm so sick of hearing the NBC people pronounce her name "yoo-na" or "유나" when it's supposed to be "yeon-ah" or "연아." The announcer at the stadium at least got it right, if you can hear her in the background.

The way her name is romanized suggests otherwise, I wouldn't blame anyone for this mistake.

I watched the winter olympics opening ceremony yesterday and it had some really beautiful moments, never had any interest in the winter olympics before, but watching the snowboard slopestyle competition the other day sparked my interest.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:37 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:The way her name is romanized suggests otherwise, I wouldn't blame anyone for this mistake.

Yeah, I've been thinking that for the past four years. Whoever romanized her name really needs to go sit in the corner for a time out and think about what they've done.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 am

I started my Muay Thai-training again, after a 3 months break caused by my back ... now I have aching muscles even in my palate.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Ah, my queen had to settle for silver. :(

Instead of joining the mob saying she got robbed (she totally did), I'm just going to say that it was a delight watching her skate again. She still holds the world records for short program, free skate, and combined though.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:45 pm

^^
At least the Korean's Olympic uniforms were far fresher than those of the Russians(tacky as helll)...I'd rather look good than perform good. :tongue:
Probably should have steered clear of this thread and just watched the women's final tonight without knowing the results, but, oh well.
It's a shame that there's always controversy with the judges in skating events, but part of being human is being biased. When someone is surrounded by Russians they're going to give the Russian the better score. :um: Deep down we just all wanna be loved.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Ah, sorry about that, I should've put that in a spoiler tag. :sweatdrop:

I also feel like mentioning Mao Asada. As a Yuna fanboy I was rooting against her at first since's always been her top rival, but I felt so incredibly bad for her after she bailed on that jump during the short program and was clearly distraught for the rest of her performance. Her free skate though... just watch it.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”