TDSA Presents: The EvaGeeks Top 100 Pop Culture Villains

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Thing is though we don't really know how intelligent King Ghidorah is.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:36 pm

So your saying king Ghidora is smarter then a monster who talked, figured out how to control magnetism, learned how to fly and figured out how to kill hedorah just because ghidora never really did anything super stupid while he was not under alien control (actually didn't he try to fight all the monsters at once and die in DAM, though I don't remember if he was still under control at that point).

I dunno, this all sounds really dodgy to me.
Last edited by Defectron on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:49 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:16. Michael Myers from the Halloween franchise

Michael Myers is undoubtedly one of the most heartless entities in cinema history, why? He goes against everything of human nature. He does not have morals, he does not negotiate, he has no conscience, he takes what he wants be it life to object, and is seemingly cursed as he can survive many attacks most would never recover from. A shape, it is the only word that can be kindly said about him. As far as realistic killing in fiction goes Michael Myers is a legend among legends.

:chinscratch:

so you chose Mikey over...say...Freddy Krueger?

Not only Freddy is more malicious than Michael, but is far more iconic and well-known in pop culture altogether.

Sure, Michael got through the gate a good 7-8 years earlier than Fred Krueger, but in my eyes (and taking account all 7 original series entries Mikey was in. excluding the excellent Halloween III and Rob Zombie's extremely love it or hate it reboot films), he's just a poor sap that either A: killed for no reason and can't control his murderous intentions or B: was possessed by some demonic entity conjured by the Cult of Thorn (yeah, i'm willing to take The Curse of Michael Myers into consideration)

and Mikey only kills on Halloween night, as opposed to Freddy who will off your ass whenever you go to sleep, regardless of what day and year it is.

I could go into far more intricate details, but I don't feel like doing so right now, so yeah
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:05 pm

I've only listed 20-13, Gasmask. ;)
he's just a poor sap that either A: killed for no reason and can't control his murderous intentions or B: was possessed by some demonic entity conjured by the Cult of Thorn (yeah, i'm willing to take The Curse of Michael Myers into consideration)

That's the thing, you DON'T know. Humans are mostly open and commutative creatures, Myers on the other hand is virtually human in appearance only. Freddy's a good villain, but there are better ones out there and sadly aside from supernatural powers he's basically a typical stalker. Kind of the same reason I didn't put the Sawyer family from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies in, they're good, but I've simply seen better with the only difference between them and Freddy is evil family. I can't go with simply being iconic alone.
I dunno, this all sounds really dodgy to me.

The thing is though we don't know KG's motives, so he could easily be considered evil; at least Galactus does it to survive and keep away an interdimensional demon (Abraxes was it? I can't spell the name off the top of my head.).
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 pm

ah okay, thanks for clarifying :)

but yeah, the Sawyer family are just folks who do that for a living and thus not really pure evil. Evil yes, but not demonically evil

as for Michael being human, he is, but whatever is hell is up with him..is pretty much open for interpretation

he's not like Jason, who pretty much became a walking corpse starting with Jason Lives
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:29 pm

The thing is though we don't know KG's motives, so he could easily be considered evil; at least Galactus does it to survive and keep away an interdimensional demon (Abraxes was it? I can't spell the name off the top of my head.).

Yeah but that's the thing, we don't know that much about him. My initial impression of ghidorah is that he's just a spaz who goes around demolishing things, but there might be more to it. In any rate many of the other monsters in godzilla have human level intelligence. But assuming ghidora does as well is.... well an assumtion as there's no real proof one way or another.

As for his motives, it is true we don't know anything about them. But I don't think that's enough to let him in but not godzilla. If ghidora is let in, other giant monsters from the series should be too.

We actually do know a little bit more about showa godzillas motives. In the first ghidora movie he has a discussion with rodan and mothra in monster speak where he said that he wanted to keep fighting Rodan. So it is clear godzilla likes to fight, this may actually be his primary motive throughout his movies though that isn't clear. Did he attack the humans in the early films for the same reason? Because he likes to fight? Later on he warmed up to the humans for some reason and stopped attacking them and even saved them from hostile monsters. But were those actions completely unselfish or was he just looking for stronger opponents?

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Not in order.

01. Machine Maria - Metropolis
02. Mr. Sinister - X-men
03. Goblin Queen - X-men
04. Dark Phoenix - X-men
05. Mystique - X-men
06. Catwoman - Batman
07. Harley Quinn - Batman
08. Frieza - Dragonball Z
09. Roy Batty - Blade Runner
10. Kazuya Mishima - Tekken
11. Maleficent - Sleeping Beauty
12. Him - Powerpuff girls
13. Lestat de Lioncourt - Interview with the Vampire
14. More to come...
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 am

In no particular order (and limiting myself to cartoons/anime/movies):

Johan (Monster)
Light (DeathNote)
Vicious (Cowboy Beebop)
Dilandeau (Escaflowne)
Scar (Fullmetal)
Moromi (Paranoia Agent)
Akio (Utena)
Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)
Tetsuo (Akira)
Rumi (Perfect Blue)
Ozymandias (Watchmen)
Kevin (Sin City)
Joker (Batman: Dark Knight)
Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
Keyser Soze (The Usual Suspects)
John Doe (Seven)
Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men)
Woo-Jin Lee (Oldboy)
The Monarch (Venture Bros.)
Eric Cartman (South Park)
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 am

A couple of picks who will vanish without trace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mekon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_%28Doctor_Who%29
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

MarioAyanami128
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MarioAyanami128 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Not in exact order:

Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
Bowser (Super Mario)
Ikari Gendo (yes, I consider him a top villain)
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
Gin (Detective Conan)
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
Pycal (Lupin III)
Chernabog (Fantasia)
Darth Sidious (Star Wars)
Duke Red (Metropolis)
Jafar (Aladdin)
Joker (Batman)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
Rastapopolous (Tintin)
Andross (Star Fox)
SEELE (Since everyone is equally unethical, I considered the whole organization)
Vaati (The Legend of Zelda)
Ukyo (Samurai 7)
Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Not in order:

20. Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
Any version of him: the pure evil scientist with a troubled past from Crash Bandicoot; the manipulative bastard from Crash 2; the whimpering underling of an ancient evil from Crash 3; the random guy that Crash uses as a hammer in Twinsanity, etc.. Also, he has some of the best boss fights ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nySqOnOIzIo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1YWkvQ5xRY

19. Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog)

18. The Joker (Batman)
Any villain that scares you, and makes you laugh at the same time deserves to be on this list.

17. Ganondorf. Just Ganondorf.

16. Giovanni (Pokemon)
Because why not?

15. Biolizard (Sonic Adventure 2)
No idea if he's smart enough to be on this list, but King Ghidorah is on the list, so I'm nominating Biolizard purely on the grounds of his final form being the most cathartic boss fight I've experienced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brgxeu97yIc
Waning: The above video contains 864 reasons why you should always play with Japanese voices.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Darth Vader - is an explanation really necessary?

Light Yagami - from the only anime series with the villain as the main character.

Reichu - from The Very Special Eva Geeks Christmas Special

Ernst Stavro Blofeld - from the James Bond movies

Hannibal Lector - any cannibalistic psychiatrist is awesome in my book.

Bowser - from Mario games. Come on, that dude is always up to no good.

The Joker - Batman's classic arch-nemesis.

Kefka - from Final Fantasy. He's completely insane.

Wicked Witch of the West - a classic.

Dr. Evil - he didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "mister" thank you very much.

Gollum - the precioussss, we wantssss it.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Reichu - from The Very Special Eva Geeks Christmas Special

Sorry BrikHaus, Reichu doesn't count, you're gonna have to change it to a fictional villain.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MasonFighter » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 pm

No particular order:

Lo Pan (Big Trouble in Little China) - Just look at the guy, he stomps everyones ass.

Dhaos (Tales Of Series)

Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night VN) Just all around cool. And could've defeated everyone if he weren't an arrogant prick.

Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) Only Villain I can think of whose warcry became a meme. Also, he beats up Jonathan Joestar, burns his dog, AND takes his girl. Kind of.

That one Cultist dude whose name I can't remember (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) He rips out a dude's heart.

Jessie and James (Pokemon) They're so lovable, and keep at it, day after day, despite inevitable failure.

Light (Death Note) Because he's not really a villain, and he's really striving for the greater good.

Washizu Iwao (Akagi) Because he's batshit insane, and put's his fortunes on the line just to kill peasants

Hyoudo (Kaiji) Basically the same reason.

Lex Luthor (Superman) His superpower is billionaire, and he somehow consistently stands up to the most hax superhero ever. He frequently steals 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens, and that's terrible!

Continuing Later.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

Galaxy News Reidio
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Galaxy News Reidio » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:Light Yagami - from the only anime series with the villain as the main character.

Lelouch Vi Britannia and Kaiser Reinhardt would like a word.
Even in death, I still nerd.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Light (Death Note) Because he's not really a villain, and he's really striving for the greater good.

So you put Light on your list of favorite villains because you don't consider him to be a villain :sachi_blink:

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:16 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Sorry BrikHaus, Reichu doesn't count, you're gonna have to change it to a fictional villain.

But Reichu is fictional....
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MasonFighter » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:So you put Light on your list of favorite villains because you don't consider him to be a villain :sachi_blink:

Something like that. I like villains that aren't really villains.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:56 pm

But Reichu is fictional....

She's the site owner, dude....
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:44 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:The Monarch (Venture Bros.)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”