Official Welcome Thread Nov-13-2010 to Sep-16-2012

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Sephizim » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:48 pm

:sweatdrop: Heh, I'm sure I still have much much more to learn before something like that. Right? What... what are the qualifications for scribe? (I'm not too clear on that exactly...)

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Check out the signup sheet.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Deepak
Lilith

Postby Deepak » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Check out the signup sheet.

On that page there are people who asked for it a month ago and they haven't got a response. How long does it take for them to recognize people?

Dcmac
Embryo

Hello

Postby Dcmac » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Hey, I'm Dcmac.

I'm from Canada, I'm 18, currently taking classes to get into University, and I'm a big Evangelion fan. I first watched the anime at 13 or 14 and I've been hooked ever since.

Nice to meet you all.

Deepak
Lilith

Re: Hello

Postby Deepak » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:35 pm

View Original PostDcmac wrote:currently taking classes to get into University

Hola Dcmac. What does that mean "taking classes to get in"? Also what university are you trying to get into?

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 pm

The only thing that comes to mind is congrats on being from the same city as Chris Jericho.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Dcmac
Embryo

Re: Hello

Postby Dcmac » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

View Original PostDeepak wrote:Hola Dcmac. What does that mean "taking classes to get in"? Also what university are you trying to get into?

Well I couldn't decide what I wanted to do in high school so I simply graduated, but I made up my mind and focused on biology so I'm currently taking all the high school science courses required to get into university.

I'm also not sure what university I want to try and get into but there's two in my city called the University of Manitoba and University of Winnipeg. Either one if fine by me but I'll pick when the time comes. ^_^

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:The only thing that comes to mind is congrats on being from the same city as Chris Jericho.

And getting an NHL team back in town.

Dcmac
Embryo

Postby Dcmac » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:08 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:The only thing that comes to mind is congrats on being from the same city as Chris Jericho.

View Original PostOrnette wrote:And getting an NHL team back in town.

Yes, definitely for both of those!

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby DevRei17 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Hey everyone. I haven't been on the past couple of weeks due to a lot of personal things going on. Good to be back!
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Welcome back, DevRei17.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Kathartischiffe
Embryo

Greetings

Postby Kathartischiffe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Hello everyone, I am Kathartischiffe.

Yadda yadda yadda.

Once upon a time in my noobish days, I was a regular on some of the popular fora, but I won't be insulted if no one remembers, mostly because I don't remember it myself :geezer:.

My favorite anime character is Ebichu, who happens to have been voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi, better known for her role as, wait for it, Misato Katsuragi.

Freude trinken alle Wesen
An der Brust der Natur;
Wer eine seele Sein nennt auf dem Erdenrund,
Seid freudig!

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: Greetings

Postby DevRei17 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:43 pm

View Original PostKathartischiffe wrote:Hello everyone, I am Kathartischiffe.

Yadda yadda yadda.

Once upon a time in my noobish days, I was a regular on some of the popular fora, but I won't be insulted if no one remembers, mostly because I don't remember it myself :geezer:.

My favorite anime character is Ebichu, who happens to have been voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi, better known for her role as, wait for it, Misato Katsuragi.

Welcome back then semi-old timer to Eva Geeks: Nerdtopia for just about every useless topic! (Were better than other forums, I swear!)

"Manko!" (Yeah, Ebichu's great and Kotono Mitsuishi's one of the top seiyuu's ever, period.)

(P.S. - My apoligies to the Japanese speakers who might be offended by my usage of the aformentioned "Manko". (Or maybe I'm being too cautious; this is Eva Geeks!)
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

Bender
Embryo

Postby Bender » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 am

Hiya folks

Big fan of NGE

Love the wiki and love your forums. I hope we all have fun and discover new facts concerning the series as well as learn more about the each others critique that help shape our views.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 am

Hi~

Cman107
Embryo

Postby Cman107 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Hey, all. I've been coming here for a couple months now, but for some reason never really bothered to make an account until now. Like most of you, obviously, I am a huge fan of Evangelion (series, films, manga, etc.), and, also, a huge fan of anime in general. I hope to get to know at least some of you well enough on here throughout my stay. Anyways, peace!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Welcome to all the new members since I last posted......which by my count is probably 2-4 years :P

I am glad this community has grow and thrived since I have been busy with other stuff in my life.

I know I keep on saying this but I will try and post as often as possible.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

unit003
Embryo

Postby unit003 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello!

I'm pretty new to the world of Eva, I saw it for the first time about a year ago. I have a great friend who has loved the series since the 90s and I'm glad he pushed me to watch it. It ended up becoming my second favorite anime ever.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 am

Welcome back, tomrule123.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Mystere9
Embryo

Hello all

Postby Mystere9 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Hello all. I found out a week ago that eva had an English wiki. My platinum DVDs came 2 days ago. I was doomed from the start.

Return to “Old Stickies”