Official Welcome Thread Nov-13-2010 to Sep-16-2012

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

lilim
Lilith

Postby lilim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:16 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:No worries, welcome aboard.

thank you! ^^

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:35 am

I extend gracious welcomes to lilim, Shinji (I can't believe there wasn't already someone signed up here with that name) and Nightweaver20xx (I can tell we're going to get along well).
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

StellarKei
Adam

Postby StellarKei » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 am

Hello there, Eva fans!

I'm new here.

I'm also pretty new to Eva...(don't hurt me! :D;; )... I just finished watching it sometime late last year or early this year. I've known of the series since 1998 though, just never got around to watching it then :o

Since then, I've been obsessed. I've read the Wiki here throughly, I've bought Eva goods, I've cosplayed Rei and Asuka (yes, the person in the avatar IS me xD;), I've seen Rebuild, read doujinshi, manga spin-offs... yeah, I'm an Evaholic now. :asuka_thumbsup:

So anyway... hi~ 8D;
You Will (Not) Survive
MyAnimeList

Naminator
Lilith

Postby Naminator » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:42 am

Well hello there StellarKei and welcome xD, I'm pretty new myself here too.

It's always nice to see someone who can do Asuka cosplay some justice :)

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:45 am

^
^
Welcome, sexy person!
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

StellarKei
Adam

Postby StellarKei » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:53 am

Hi Naminator & TehDonutKing! :D

Thanks! :asuka_happy:
You Will (Not) Survive
MyAnimeList

Nightweaver20xx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Nightweaver20xx » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:26 am

View Original PostStellarKei wrote:Hello there, Eva fans!

Hi there Kari Byron! I mean, um, Asuka! I mean, err... StellarKei! :kensuke_drool:

Hey I got it right~
"The tranquil angel's thesis has ended, so now it is beginning/ Clinging tightly to the life you protect/ You will receive an answer from that dream~
--Epilogue of Evangelion

The story is never over as long as humans can still love one another.

[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Nightweaver20xx[/url]

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:28 am

Suppose I should welcome as well. Welcome to our corner of the internet, enjoy your stay here ^_^
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

StellarKei
Adam

Postby StellarKei » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:42 am

View Original PostNightweaver20xx wrote:Hi there Kari Byron! I mean, um, Asuka! I mean, err... StellarKei! :kensuke_drool:

Hey I got it right~

Haha, do I really look like Kari? xD

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:Suppose I should welcome as well. Welcome to our corner of the internet, enjoy your stay here ^_^

Thanks a bunch~ :3
You Will (Not) Survive
MyAnimeList

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:44 am

View Original PostStellarKei wrote:Hello there, Eva fans!

I'm new here.

I'm also pretty new to Eva...(don't hurt me! :D;; )... I just finished watching it sometime late last year or early this year. I've known of the series since 1998 though, just never got around to watching it then :o

Since then, I've been obsessed. I've read the Wiki here throughly, I've bought Eva goods, I've cosplayed Rei and Asuka (yes, the person in the avatar IS me xD;), I've seen Rebuild, read doujinshi, manga spin-offs... yeah, I'm an Evaholic now. :asuka_thumbsup:

So anyway... hi~ 8D;

Hello there! Welcome to Evageeks! :D

If cosplay's your thing, we have a thread for it in the Fandom Area (and one of our residents managed to create a custom-built Test Plugsuit for a fraction of the cost). :)

Feel free to sit down and enjoy a cup of tea while conversing with our fellows here. It's nice to see you here. ;)

Nightweaver20xx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Nightweaver20xx » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:44 am

View Original PostStellarKei wrote:Haha, do I really look like Kari? xD

It's definitely more than a passing resemblance. Actually it's more like Kari if she cosplayed Asuka, which if that ever happened, my head would spin around in circles so fast it would pop off my shoulders and become the first disembodied head in space.
"The tranquil angel's thesis has ended, so now it is beginning/ Clinging tightly to the life you protect/ You will receive an answer from that dream~
--Epilogue of Evangelion

The story is never over as long as humans can still love one another.

[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Nightweaver20xx[/url]

StellarKei
Adam

Postby StellarKei » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:55 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Hello there! Welcome to Evageeks! :D

If cosplay's your thing, we have a thread for it in the Fandom Area (and one of our residents managed to create a custom-built Test Plugsuit for a fraction of the cost). :)

Feel free to sit down and enjoy a cup of tea while conversing with our fellows here. It's nice to see you here. ;)

Thanks! :3

And way ahead of you, decided to post my cosplay pics in there :D

Yum, tea~ I'll be making some tomorrow, and will probably be reading here too...so enjoying tea while being here will happen. 8D

View Original PostNightweaver20xx wrote:It's definitely more than a passing resemblance. Actually it's more like Kari if she cosplayed Asuka, which if that ever happened, my head would spin around in circles so fast it would pop off my shoulders and become the first disembodied head in space.

lol xD

And wow, I think this may be the first time someone has said I resembled someone famous. Or one of the few times? I don't remember :3

Kari is an awesome chick, so that's cool.
You Will (Not) Survive
MyAnimeList

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:37 am

Welcome to our gloriously fractured community, StellarKei. As far as your look, I believe I'll go with...

View Original PostNightweaver20xx wrote:Actually it's more like Kari if she cosplayed Asuka, which if that ever happened, my head would spin around in circles so fast it would pop off my shoulders and become the first disembodied head in space.

...what he said.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 am

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Sergal
Embryo

Postby Sergal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:28 am

Good Evening,
Quite a lovely site here, I wish I had stumbled upon it sooner. I honestly have no idea how I got here, but I'm assuming this bottle of vodka is partly to blame.
In any event, it's nice to find an Eva community. I noticed we have an IRC channel; I'll be spending the majority of my time there.

Shinji
Lilith

Postby Shinji » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:50 am

Welcome Sergal Image
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Gamertag:Undead Safety

Currently playing Cod Black Ops: Zombies

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Nice community this place is; after lurking for a few months or so that is. Hope none of you mind me joining into the madness.

Heads up though; I got into Evangelion months ago, so I'm still new to the community. I'll probably make that up with theories I have regarding characterizations or unintentional influences, or other things I'm into (I'm more of a classic animation guy than an anime guy, so you probably won't see me much here) but we'll see, won't we?

Cheerio.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Hey new kids, welcome. Please stay awhile.

lemonjeer
Embryo

Postby lemonjeer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 am

hello,everyone。
i think i'll love this community as i love EVA
i love EVA!

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:56 am

Don't we all?
Nice to meet'ya.