People that are gone, maybe they came back

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 pm

I miss Maggot Master.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:34 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Don't tell me some retarded "fanboy" scared them away like what nearly happened with O-chan and certain member who I shall not name *cough*

I can't speak for Carla, but that's more or less exactly what happened with LiLi. No worries though, she's doing fine.
Last edited by NemZ on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:34 pm

I miss me.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:35 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I can't speak for Carla, but that's more or less exactly what happened with LiLi.

The fuck...

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:39 pm

^
Oh, I didn't mean it was because some idiot made a pass at her. She left after receiving very negative and frankly uncalled for comments from several board members.

edit:

To clarify, it wasn't any one particular thing or person so much as a cumulative effect. The 'last straw' incident didn't ever really make her stop posting so much as just massively cut back her previous level of involvement, and eventually she simply wandered off.
Last edited by NemZ on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:31 pm

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:I miss Maggot Master.

This desu.

But yeah, people who tend to disappear for awhile (mainly real life or whatever else) return sooner or later. Don't worry there. I think everybody's just busy with school/work.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:40 pm

I think Jimbo was the heart and soul of the film board (and Ran was the lungs). That place is a husk now. All we've got left is the appendix, the gall-bladder, the kidneys, the small and large intestines. THOSE THINGS ARE NOT ENOUGH BY THEMSELVES!
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Gah, few things I missed with replying to.

View Original PostNemZ wrote:She left after receiving very negative and frankly uncalled for comments from several board members.

Yeah. I know with Lili there once was a misunderstanding between myself and her (we thankfully made things up in the end) but there were one or two threads where various people acted way out of line. (IIRC, people were forgetting about respect in that Episode 24' Drafts 1 and 2 thread, but maybe it was elsewhere.)

Mr. Tines wrote:And I guess OMF is still in write-up hell.

I really hope things have been successful for him/Lili and anybody else writing PHDs, working on major degrees, etc. It's pretty admirable when people do that, I'd never have the gray-matter for that type of thing.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Not my intention. I'm aware of the whereabouts of the others. Carla is the only one I currently care about.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:46 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:I think Jimbo was the heart and soul of the film board (and Ran was the lungs). That place is a husk now. All we've got left is the appendix, the gall-bladder, the kidneys, the small and large intestines. THOSE THINGS ARE NOT ENOUGH BY THEMSELVES!

It's enough to pump out shit.

*rimshot*
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:03 pm

View Original Postath wrote:She went to Japan for her master degree (or something similar, I know next to nothing about English and Japanese academic degrees) in Physics. She hasn't updated her LJ account since then, so I guess she's just too busy with her studies for that.
I'm sure we'll hear from her sometime around the release of 3.0, especially if she's lucky enough to see it directly in Japan...

I know how she feels, if any of you get in contact with her give her my best wishes. My studies of law are driving me insane, and im only getting todays posts in because it is a slow day in class. (this will come back to bite me in the ass one day when im in the courtroom.)
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:22 pm

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:I miss Maggot Master.

Beat me to it. Is his permaban over yet?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:25 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Beat me to it. Is his permaban over yet?

I think that question answers itself. It is a PERMAban, I belive that denotes somehing.
Oh, nice stocking avi. I prefer panty though, but thats just my personality.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:46 am

Planet News, where are you?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:10 am

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:I think that question answers itself. It is a PERMAban, I belive that denotes somehing.

Thank you for explaining that to me. My logic was totally flawed before you corrected me.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 pm

'tseems that even with all the locks and shit, supposedly for the betterment of the posting environment, egf can't stop driving people away. Yeah, I miss Lili too.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 pm

View Original PostAchtungAffen wrote:even with all the locks and shit
Yeah, because we're too nice to just ban people out of hand instead.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Nah, you're banning them defacto....
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:29 pm

View Original PostAchtungAffen wrote:Nah, you're banning them defacto....

That's the best possible outcome, because it's less work for us and we didn't want them here to begin with.

But in all seriousness, believe it or not, my evageeks email inbox is pretty much filled with emails from new users who registered here, made maybe an intro post and a couple of other posts, then decided that the place wasn't for them because the users here were too confrontational, argumentative, stuck-up, trolls, or generally not very polite. There's even been a few of these emails that point out specific users with a note about "why you guys haven't banned him/her, I'll never understand". I guess I get these emails because there's an automated "welcome message" PM that gets sent to new users and it looks like I sent them (because the automated system needs a "From"). We're not going to change the way we do things just because a small minority don't like the way we do things, either because there's too much moderation or too little moderation.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:Planet News, where are you?
Philosophy and science, man. Time consuming stuff! But worth it!

By the way Warranted Christian Belief. I am reading it.

===

But yeah, Ran and Jimbo need to come back and keep making sweet-ass posts. OMF was the king of those though.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”